i am really interested if this will work with the 2600 mah battery upgrade cause i would really like to have both
    02-15-09 05:54 PM
    i am really interested if this will work with the 2600 mah battery upgrade cause i would really like to have both
    This case will not work with the 2600mah battery. The storm fits nice and snug in the case anything that would make the phone thicker would prevent it from fitting in the case. I belive there is a video where the guy had to remove his protective skin to get it to fit in the case.
    02-16-09 09:53 AM
    i work in construction jus ordered mine yesterday hope its worth 49 i think it will be
    That's what I'm hoping, sometimes I'm working with drywall and I don't want to the dust to get inside.
    02-16-09 06:55 PM
    That's what I'm hoping, sometimes I'm working with drywall and I don't want to the dust to get inside.
    this case would prevent that. ive had it on for a week and its snug inside, nothing gets in there.
    02-17-09 12:57 AM
    How close is it to the product being fixed? I would like to order one asap. Been a while since anyone has discussed this.
    02-22-09 10:30 PM
    I, too, am waiting on the revised version.... I was about to order one til I started reading here. But I have another question as well...

How well does it slide into (and out of) pants pockets (not tight blue jeans, but baggier pants...) with the OB installed? I usually have mine in my pocket and it seems as if it might be too bulky after the OB is intalled. Still, looks like a dang good case, might get it anyway and just get used to carrying via the holster.

And I want to throw out a great big THUMBS UP to the folks at Otter Box for actually listening to customers AND reacting.... that is rare these days. That alone has earned my respect enough to want to order their products...

Good job!
    02-23-09 02:33 AM
    I, too, am waiting on the revised version.... I was about to order one til I started reading here. But I have another question as well...

How well does it slide into (and out of) pants pockets (not tight blue jeans, but baggier pants...) with the OB installed? I usually have mine in my pocket and it seems as if it might be too bulky after the OB is intalled. Still, looks like a dang good case, might get it anyway and just get used to carrying via the holster.

And I want to throw out a great big THUMBS UP to the folks at Otter Box for actually listening to customers AND reacting.... that is rare these days. That alone has earned my respect enough to want to order their products...

Good job!
    Thats what I was thinking about I wasnt sure if it would easily slide in and out of my pants pockets because it does seem a little bulky
    02-23-09 03:53 AM
    I love my otter box ever since I made a few modifications to the original to get it to work. That being said I can't wait for the new one to have even better protection.

Now for the questions. There is no way that I could see you caring it in a pocket due to the size, unless it was a cargo type pocket.
    02-23-09 06:12 AM
    It depends on the jeans, I don't wear ghetto baggy jeans, Most are boot cut and relaxed fit. And at the risk of sounding metrosexual .....

It fits into my lucky brand jeans with no problems (most o fmy jeans are this brand)
    It will never fit into 7 or true religion jeans.
    Levis .. no problem
    02-23-09 07:19 AM
    The case comes with a belt clip so you can carry it that way as well.
    02-23-09 09:38 AM
    How's the revision coming along? Will Otterbox be announcing the revision on its website? If so, I'll quit asking here.
    02-23-09 10:07 AM
    This may have been asked and answered already. I work in furniture manufacturing and I run a CNC saw it creates allot of dust especially when we cut MDF. For now I have been using a ziploc bag which works awesome. I am patiently waiting for the update to the otterbox before ordering. Will this case keep out the sawdust?
    02-23-09 10:09 AM
    I ordered mine on ebay cheap with no sales tax, can't beat that. I had to alter it because of the corner button issue. Took the clear screen off, not a great idea but it's better than it was. Also taking a grinding tool to the speaker works wonders.
    02-23-09 12:15 PM
    Bump for revision info please.
    02-23-09 04:27 PM
    02-23-09 04:35 PM
    Is it waterproof?
    02-23-09 04:38 PM
    02-23-09 04:50 PM
    If you're on our waiting list you'll be notified when the new one is out. I'll also try to make note of it on the forum. Thanks!
    02-24-09 09:08 AM
    Is it waterproof?
    No

10chara
    02-24-09 09:16 AM
    What would be a good guesstimate? Im waiting to order one untill they are fixed. I would rather not have to go through the hoops of the RMA\waiting list route.
    02-24-09 09:38 AM
    Is it waterproof?
    Ottobox is not waterproof. Heck, it is not even water-resistant. With a $50 price tag, I think it should be at least water-resistant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 04:07 PM
    I'm curious if the holster will put it into sleep mode.
    I have one, the holster will put it in sleep mode. I like this case but it is huge, althought it is definately sturdy. It has the hard inner case and the soft rubber outside case that slips over the inside hard case. The only thing I dont really like is that the case sits too much above the screen on a slant and sometims its hard to click at the edges. another annoying thing I noticed is since the screen protector covers the screen and the 4 bottom keys sometimes when I hit the key above the back key it closes out what I was doing, especially annoying after I just typed a long message. but all in all a very tough case
    02-24-09 05:43 PM
    The case comes with a belt clip so you can carry it that way as well.
    A suggestion for you guys. Can you make a mount to attach the phone securely to a windshield with an integrated power cord (cig lighter). Also can you design a desktop cradle for the storm so that it doesn't have to be removed from the case.
    02-24-09 08:40 PM
    I'm having an issue with my END (red) key. It is loose and I'm afraid it is going to fall off. My phone works great and I'd hate to have to replace an awesome device with very minimal flaws so far for a device that works like junk or has a dust problem etc.

My question is, will the otterbox help, protect, or prevent the end key from falling off or from getting looser?

Thanks
    02-25-09 12:36 AM
    My question is, will the otterbox help, protect, or prevent the end key from falling off or from getting looser?

Thanks
    I would say yes, it would help. The plastic screenguard is pretty tight against the buttons.
    02-25-09 12:44 AM
308 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD