I'm going to look into this more, thanks blackBerry bOb. This obviously won't happen anytime soon since there are logistics we need to figure out (non-disclosure agreements, etc.), but it's a great suggestion and something we can start brainstorming about on this end. Thanks so much!

How is the redesign coming? Looking forward to doing another review.
    02-10-09 08:48 PM
    The redesign will be out late Feb./early March. If you're on our list, customer service will notify you when they're available. Thanks!
    02-11-09 08:59 AM
    I know this will be a stretch but is there any chance there will be different color options? I would love to have a black/blood red color set ottorbox!!
    02-11-09 09:05 AM
    We're probably just sticking to the black.
    02-11-09 09:06 AM
    I take it you will automatically ship them to the people that are already on the list for replacements?

Thanks agian for the quick revision
    02-11-09 09:17 AM
    YES!!! Anyone who is on our replacement list (and of course has record of their previous purchase in our system) will receive a replacement.

Thanks to everyone here for the heads up on this, glad we could make the necessary revisions!
    02-11-09 09:20 AM
    Ok. Now. I know what yall mean it. Shard to typein.landscape.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 09:22 AM
    Hi,

Have you got a reseller in the UK for these? I have seen them available on eBay (UK), but I'm holding out for the revised version and wondered where I should be looking?

Thanks.
    02-12-09 12:49 PM
    Yea, if you visit our homepage otterbox (dot) com there's a box on the right corner (about 1/2 way down the page) for our "Shop Worldwide" links. There you can choose the country and you can purchase them on corresponding sites.
    02-12-09 01:05 PM
    I tried to read through most of the threads, but I didn't see this listed, anyone know if this case will work when I have an Invisible shield on my Storm
    02-12-09 01:20 PM
    Yea, if you visit our homepage otterbox (dot) com there's a box on the right corner (about 1/2 way down the page) for our "Shop Worldwide" links. There you can choose the country and you can purchase them on corresponding sites.
    Thanks!

On it now...

**Edit

I can't seem to find the Storm case on your international site? Also, if I do purchase now, and have problems (I see some don't), will I receive an revised version too?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Gussett; 02-12-09 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Storm case not listed.
    02-12-09 01:20 PM
    The redesign will be out late Feb./early March. If you're on our list, customer service will notify you when they're available. Thanks!
    Will there be any kind of acknowledgment on the website when the new design is available? I'm waiting to order one of these until the re-design is done. Or should I go ahead and order now and get a replacement when the new one is ready?

Thanks, good to see a company care about the opinions of their customers!

John
    02-12-09 02:21 PM
    I would advise contacting our customer service department at customer(dot)service(at)otterbox(dot)com or 888-695-8820 regarding where you order and how replacements work. We only replace orders that are purchased directly on our website because other sites are completely different businesses, so you'll definitely want to check into that before placing your order.

As for ordering now and then getting a replacement later, really that's your own personal decision. It is an expense for us to replace and ship a new product so obviously we'd prefer you wait, especially since the new product is just a couple weeks away. Customer service has a waiting list for those of you who just want the new ones so they can keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Kristin Golliher
    Public Relations Executive
    OtterBox
    02-13-09 03:19 PM
    i just got one 2 days ago. now in some pictures ive seen people have a silicone like glove the phone goes in inside of this hard case....am i supposed to have one of those?

the case is nice, feels very secure inside the clip. i must agree the edges around the screen make it impossible for me to tap the keys of the screen and im misspelling things left and right. the screen itself is weird for me though. sometimes the screen responds, sometimes i find myself mashing the screen to get a response and it wont react.
    02-13-09 03:35 PM
    i just got one 2 days ago. now in some pictures ive seen people have a silicone like glove the phone goes in inside of this hard case....am i supposed to have one of those?

the case is nice, feels very secure inside the clip. i must agree the edges around the screen make it impossible for me to tap the keys of the screen and im misspelling things left and right. the screen itself is weird for me though. sometimes the screen responds, sometimes i find myself mashing the screen to get a response and it wont react.
    The case won't work without the silicone skin. That's what is used to depress buttons. Without it, you can hit the lock buttons or an of the button on the side of the phone.
    02-13-09 04:38 PM
    The case won't work without the silicone skin. That's what is used to depress buttons. Without it, you can hit the lock buttons or an of the button on the side of the phone.
    i have the soft one outside of the case on there. i thought there was a clear one under the hard shell.
    02-13-09 04:57 PM
    i have the soft one outside of the case on there. i thought there was a clear one under the hard shell.
    Nope, just 3 total pieces. the 2 hard pieces and the outside silicone.
    02-13-09 04:58 PM
    do you have one of these on your phone? does your screen have issues responding to your press?
    02-13-09 05:07 PM
    do you have one of these on your phone? does your screen have issues responding to your press?

Yes. Much earlier in this thread I did the first video review.

I could barely type with in landscape with the buttons to the right. Believe it or not, if you have the buttons to the left, I rarely have an issue.

I'm on the list with Otterbox to receive a replacement once their redesign is done. They are saying just a few weeks.
    02-13-09 05:14 PM
    Yes. Much earlier in this thread I did the first video review.

I could barely type with in landscape with the buttons to the right. Believe it or not, if you have the buttons to the left, I rarely have an issue.

I'm on the list with Otterbox to receive a replacement once their redesign is done. They are saying just a few weeks.
    thats how i always hold the phone, its more comfortable for me. but i cant hit the delete key im always hitting the "L" key. and the caps button i cant ever get. where is this listing? thanks for all the info so far.
    02-13-09 06:16 PM
    thats how i always hold the phone, its more comfortable for me. but i cant hit the delete key im always hitting the "L" key. and the caps button i cant ever get. where is this listing? thanks for all the info so far.

It's nowhere online. You have to call otterbox. If you bought it direct I believe they will give you the new design. If you bought it through reseller, I'm not sure what they are doing.
    02-13-09 06:49 PM
    It's nowhere online. You have to call otterbox. If you bought it direct I believe they will give you the new design. If you bought it through reseller, I'm not sure what they are doing.
    yeah i bought it direct. the only gripe i have with it is the screen just will not react when i touch it. i think some of the above posters have removed the plastic screen protector of the case to get around this. i might try that.
    02-13-09 07:01 PM
    ok so i popped the plastic cover off from over the screen and the case works great now. i just left the OEM screen protector on for now.

is the next gen case going to be any slimmer then the current version?
    02-14-09 07:47 PM
    i work in construction jus ordered mine yesterday hope its worth 49 i think it will be
    02-15-09 02:16 PM
    Watching this thread for when the new release will be available to order
    02-15-09 02:41 PM
308 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD