Already asked and answered...the answer is yes. Reading can also save you some money.
    i was afraid that might happen....sorry watching Lost and i quickly just skimmed through the thread, not reading every post.

Thank you for answering again tho
    01-28-09 08:54 PM
    no pictures are really gonna do much, as its hard to see. But just like any other otterbox case there is a plastic overlay that is held/sealed into place by the hard plastic snap on.
    There is a rubber "flap" that allows you to still charge the phone. You will not get any dust inside it as it'll be tightly sealed. If you've never had an otterbox before, it is a 3 part case. Part 1 being a plastic overlay that will fit over the phone on both sides so it kinda wraps over the top and bottom. After that it is tightly held into place by the hard snap on cover, which is in turn held together by the silicone cover.

Also yes the holster swivels.
    Never owned or seen a Otterbox product before.

Excuse my lack of knowledge about the Otterbox but still hard for me to picture what is what since I never seen one before
    hold on, i'll show ya'll a picture of the 8830's, its the exact same concept, just a different shell.
    Yes please. That would be helpful to give those who never owned or seen a Otterbox before and idea of how their product is.
    01-28-09 08:55 PM
    Yes it puts the phone to sleep.....its been stated already.

And here are some pictures of the case: plastic overlay, hard shell, soft shell and holster.

01-28-09 08:56 PM
    Thanks!

I just saw the review on crackberry as well.

BlackBerry Case Review: OtterBox Defender Series Case for the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 | CrackBerry.com

With that clear membrane, only thing I dont like is that it wont be a clean install and will either leave bubbles, trap particles or look like this with big pockets of air. It also looks like its made of vinyl or something.

My main concern is how thick it will be and how it will affect touching/typing the screen. Those who ordered, do you have SEIDIO Innocase? If so, I would like a comparison of the two. So far, Innocase I is working well for me and a price tag of $50 for the SEIDIO is pricey as is and $50 for the Otterbox so it makes me think twice. If both were cheaper, I'll get both but $100?
    Last edited by y2bandit; 01-28-09 at 09:08 PM.
    01-28-09 09:05 PM
    Mine has never looked that bad. Without feeling it you can't even tell its there. Whoever put that on did a horrible job. Trust me you won't notice a difference. You could not even see it on the storm case that I was using the other day.
    01-28-09 09:07 PM
    Man, that thing is gona feel like a panasonic toughbook by the time you are done.... I may just keep the phone condom and use the warranty if it ever dies.
    01-28-09 09:48 PM
    I seen a video on how to put the screen overlay on a iphone, he used baby powder and it work, im guessing it would work for the storm if there is the same problem

01-28-09 09:49 PM
    I seen a video on how to put the screen overlay on a iphone, he used baby powder and it work, im guessing it would work for the storm if there is the same problem

Thats cool but I think the setup is a little different. See the previous post with images from the Curve.
    01-28-09 10:10 PM
    Any updates on how it works on the storm? Had it previously on my 8130 Pearl and like it...was hoping for the storm...any pics on your instalation?
    Thanks for updating.
    01-29-09 02:34 AM
    Guys, use coupon code TECHBARGAINS20 for 20% off

Also can use MACWORLD09 for 15%

Just ordered mine, $47.72 shipped
    Thank your for the codes. I just used TECHBARGAINS20 and got my 20% off. Got it shipped for same price as you, $47.72
    01-29-09 03:53 AM
    So far, Innocase I is working well for me and a price tag of $50 for the SEIDIO is pricey as is and $50 for the Otterbox so it makes me think twice.
    Actually, the Otterbox is cheaper than the Seidio because the Otterbox comes with the holster and the Seidio holster costs an extra $20.
    01-29-09 08:36 AM
    Actually, the Otterbox is cheaper than the Seidio because the Otterbox comes with the holster and the Seidio holster costs an extra $20.
    Price tag for Otterbox is $50. Price for Seidio combo (Innocase + holster) is also $50. Even if someone was to purchase the Innocase and holster separately from SEIDIO, it would be $30 for each item ($10 more than Otterbox)
    01-29-09 09:01 AM
    Price tag for Otterbox is $50. Price for Seidio combo (Innocase + holster) is also $50. Even if someone was to purchase the Innocase and holster separately from SEIDIO, it would be $30 for each item ($10 more than Otterbox)
    You're right. I could've sworn that the combo was $70, but I guess that was me thinking of the total for a combo plus a couple other things.

BTW, I just realized that the Otterbox would actually be less bulky than my Storm in it's holster!
    01-29-09 09:14 AM
    You're right. I could've sworn that the combo was $70, but I guess that was me thinking of the total for a combo plus a couple other things.

BTW, I just realized that the Otterbox would actually be less bulky than my Storm in it's holster!
    Could of confused it with the ones with the leather cases. Those cost more for the combo. But if the combo for the holster was $70, I wouldnt even have bought it. I plan on picking up the new Bold/Curve when its released so spending $50+ on a case/holster is a bit out of my price range but I needed something to carry and protect the Storm.

I usually just pick up a cheap leather case to hold my phone and I'm never a fan of those silicone cases.
    01-29-09 09:22 AM
    Here is a review of the Storm Otterbox that I found. It's of a pre-release version, but it does a decent job none-the-less.

berryreporter.com/hardware/9500-storm/ces-2009-otterbox-defender-for-the-storm-case-review/

(sorry it's keeping me from posting links... I need to post more :P)
    01-29-09 11:11 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. I had asked Otterbox to notify me when it was available but they didn't.

Thanks for the coupon code too!

Anxiously waiting...
    01-29-09 12:14 PM
    Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the heads up on the coupon codes as well. I ordered mine as well for $47

I've been lurking this forum for 2 weeks, and finally registered today. Was up in the air about keeping this phone, I guess today I finally decided to keep it.
    01-29-09 02:49 PM
    Ordered mine today...wish I would have seen the coupon codes! Maybe I'll shoot 'em an email and see if they'll still apply it.

I have SO been waiting for this...Otterbox is AWESOME!
    01-29-09 02:53 PM
    I ordered a storm case and then a small waterproof case, so that I could get the free shipping. Then add the coupon and my total was $49.

My wife thinks I am crazy for spending $50 on a case.
    01-29-09 04:08 PM
    Ordered mine today...wish I would have seen the coupon codes! Maybe I'll shoot 'em an email and see if they'll still apply it.

I have SO been waiting for this...Otterbox is AWESOME!
    Just got an email...the order has already shipped...just ordered it this morning, but they are going to refund me the price the coupon would have taken off the order...once again, great customer service!
    01-29-09 04:34 PM
    I ordered a storm case and then a small waterproof case, so that I could get the free shipping. Then add the coupon and my total was $49.

My wife thinks I am crazy for spending $50 on a case.
    She won't think you're crazy when nothing can touch your Storm

My wife and best friend used to think I was crazy...being around small children a lot...they both rushed to get OB cases for their Curves. Never underestimate the destructive power of small children! So far, no phone injuries with the OB cases!
    01-29-09 04:36 PM
    Sounds like a great case which would work perfect for me ,working in the construction industry. Just wondered how hard it is to take the case on and off, because every night I put it in the charging pod and use it as an alarm clock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 07:13 PM

how do you figure that?
    01-29-09 07:24 PM
    how do you figure that?
    I measured my Storm in it's holster and the dimensions are larger than the dimensions of the Otterbox case. Is there any other way?
    01-29-09 07:46 PM
    Mine should be here Monday, can't wait! I'm proud that I haven't destroyed my phone up until now.
    01-30-09 08:19 AM
308 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD