Since the otter box's design is virtually useless for the BB Storm, does anybody know of another company that makes cases similar to this phone...The case is almost completely perfect except for the fact when texting you can't get the the space bar or the rest of the screen along the edge of the face. I want a case that will offer full all around protection as well as the screen protected like the Otterbox..It is a shame such a great product has such a minor design flaw that can turn the entire case unusable. thanks is advance for input on other choices of cases
    02-25-09 11:14 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/otterbox-sale-147385/

check the thread, Otterbox is aware of the issue and is sending out free replacements to everyone who has purchased it once the redesign is complete, or offered a refund with a free return shipping label.

In the meantime just pop out the plastic screen protector and it works perfectly

and to answer your original question .... no
    02-25-09 11:29 PM
    Hi,

There is actually another case made that I actually prefer over the Otterbox, I'm just not sure if its available in the US?

Its call a Roots Tuff Skin and its distributed here in Toronto by a company called Gentech.

You could always call and ask if they currently distribute to the US? The case is only $30.00 but a muck better case in my estimation.

Here is their URL...

gentec-intl.com/Default.asp?mode=brn&brand_id=25&comm_id=8406]Gentec-International[/url]

Look under Cool products.
    02-26-09 12:34 AM
    Since the otter box's design is virtually useless for the BB Storm, does anybody know of another company that makes cases similar to this phone...The case is almost completely perfect except for the fact when texting you can't get the the space bar or the rest of the screen along the edge of the face. I want a case that will offer full all around protection as well as the screen protected like the Otterbox..It is a shame such a great product has such a minor design flaw that can turn the entire case unusable. thanks is advance for input on other choices of cases
    I have the Innocase II along with the VZW screen protector. Very nice combination & $10 cheaper.
    02-26-09 12:59 AM
    At my local mall there is a kiosk for something called Ghost Armor. I stopped to check it out and the guys were very friendly, they explained its basically a sticker that covers the whole phone and screen. You can actually scratch the phone screen with a key and it doesn't damage the screen at all. It cost me about 30 bucks. They do the install and its guaranteed forever once you're in the computer. It you replace your handset you just peel off the old armor and stick it to a piece of paper or something and bring your new phone back to the kiosk. They just pull you up in the system and do your new phone for free.

You can also buy it online and do it yourself. Just google Ghost Armor. Or try one of the ones listed in the crackberry store, but I don't know if they are as good.

I hope that helps!! I really love it because it doesn't add "size" to an already large phone. I have dropped my phone multiple times and I carry it in the outside pocket of my purse with my keys and NO scratches at all.

P.S. You/they have to get the phone moderately wet to place the skin, then don't touch it too much overnight. I told the guy he would be buying me a new storm if getting it wet ruined it, he promised it wouldn't hurt it, but it was SCARY. Just a warning.
    02-26-09 01:04 AM
    check the thread, Otterbox is aware of the issue and is sending out free replacements to everyone who has purchased it once the redesign is complete, or offered a refund with a free return shipping label.

In the meantime just pop out the plastic screen protector and it works perfectly

and to answer your original question .... no[/QUOTE]

I thank everyone for the replies...I spoke to Otter Box today and they told me exacly what you said Doc. That is honestly the best customer service that I have had in a long time. A company with customer service like theirs is hard to come by these days. I will give them my business anyday. I am going to keep the flawed version until I get the new one in a few weeks. I think I can make it a few weeks. My texting will be very limited until then though. I have been getting so aggravated with the case, the phone was putting a bad taste in my mouth but now I just look forward to the new version of the case
    02-26-09 12:43 PM
    So did they not test their product AT ALL? I still dont understand how stuff like this happens.
    02-26-09 12:45 PM
    just pop the screen out ... then there is no problem with texting, and the phone is still inside the case and protected.
    02-26-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD