has otter box come out with a new design for their s2 defender series holster ? i am actually starting to not like this, it seems the tabs on it have worn out and any slight bump and my phone falls... only damage i see is on the screen protector there is a dent ,, if it was the actual screen on the phone wouldn't have shattered ?
    08-18-10 07:11 PM
    I have had the same problem. Every time I contact Otter Box, they are great about sending me a replacement, but that still does not solve the problem of the tabs eventually wearing down and no longer holding the phone. It became such a problem that, while I was out of the country and unable to get a replacement, my phone fell out of the holster and into traffic. I was able to pick it up before it got run over, but then it fell out again a couple of days later and landed in water. Otter Box is great protection, but my phone was fried.
    08-18-10 07:24 PM
    Ask them to send you a Storm 1 Defender clip and your problems are solved. That's what I did and all is well now, no more worries.

Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 09:56 PM
    I just contacted OtterBox again, and they have a new S2 Defender clip design. They just shipped it out to me, and the rep said it addresses the issue of the S2 falling out.
    08-19-10 03:43 PM
    I just contacted OtterBox again, and they have a new S2 Defender clip design. They just shipped it out to me, and the rep said it addresses the issue of the S2 falling out.
    did they give you any insight as to what the changes were to it? i love my otterbox but to be quite honest it fell out while on vacation and there is a dent in the screen protector , not sure if it is actually in the screen itself because i am afraid to take the protector off as i have read that people have dropped theirs and when they remove the shield their screens cracked....
    08-19-10 05:39 PM
    has anyone else had there screen protector dent and not damage the screen? right now looks like a bubble in the protector with a divit in the center.. doesnt bother me but i am not good at placing the protectors very well so i am going to the guy who sold me the phone to put the next one on...
    08-19-10 06:39 PM
    did they give you any insight as to what the changes were to it?
    I didn't ask for specifics, but the rep said they made structural changes to the clip to stop this known defect. She said my S2 would no longer fall out. I'll let you know when I get it, or you can call Otterbox yourself.

As for your screen cracking, I would be highly surprised if that happened because the S2 screen is very tough. Considering it was in your Otterbox, I doubt you need to worry about it. Just pull the screen protector off. I stopped using mine, but if you want another, I'm sure they will throw a few in when you call about a replacement clip.
    08-19-10 07:35 PM
    did you buy yours directly from them? i bought mine from a store. not a vzw store and not sure if i have the receipt anymore
    08-19-10 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD