Not sure it this has been addressed or not (I'm too lazy to search). I got my defender case and now I'm having issues with the end call, back, menu, and phone "buttons". Some times they work just fine and others they act as if they're locked. Is this a common issue, and if so is there some sort of work around? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 08:36 AM
    Search

10char
    12-13-09 08:55 AM
    Not sure it this has been addressed or not (I'm too lazy to search). I got my defender case and now I'm having issues with the end call, back, menu, and phone "buttons". Some times they work just fine and others they act as if they're locked. Is this a common issue, and if so is there some sort of work around? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I got my OB for my S2 the day after it came out. I had the OB for the S1 but sold it. I really loved the one for the S1, never had an issue. But it keeps coming out of the clip on me. I'm a little rough when it comes to work because I'm always getting up and down (maintenance super of 110 unit senior living apartments).
    As for your issue I discovered the same thing. It's the full screen shield that's the problem, so I just cut it down to the size of the stock one and now it works fine. granted the buttons are open the scratches but that's the only work around I've found. PM me if you want 3101bb77
    12-13-09 12:27 PM
    It's a known issue. OB says it sh9ould be solved with the next OS update. This is what I discovered through trial and error. When the bottom buttons are acting up, I tug at the rubber case to bring it away from the plastic case to relieve pressure off the bezel. Then the buttons start working again. Frustrating, but there is a way around it. I am finding that the problem is very infrequent now that I have had the case for a week. So maybe the plastic just needs to expand a bit?
    12-13-09 01:45 PM
    It also seems to deal with how you are holding the phone, in terms of angle, and portrait or landscape. I had the same issue. It seems to work better if you hit the buttons with your fingertip as opposed to your whole finger. I think the OS needs a bit more refinement as to the area of the screen where each button falls, and that should fix it. I didn't use the OB screen protector, but I have an invisible shield on the screen. it was on there for a week before my OB showed up, and it worked fine with just that item, so it has to be a combo of the case and the phone.
    12-14-09 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD