It's been on 94% for a while...is this normal or what should I do?
    05-31-09 10:01 PM
    It's been on 94% for a while...is this normal or what should I do?
    Many people are saying that the OTA took a very long time. How long is "a while"?
    05-31-09 10:17 PM
    longer than it should be taking i feel. i checked on it every so often and it should have gotten further than this, no doubt. i just paused and did a battery pull, maybe that can help? agh.
    05-31-09 10:24 PM
    longer than it should be taking i feel. i checked on it every so often and it should have gotten further than this, no doubt. i just paused and did a battery pull, maybe that can help? agh.
    Maybe. I did mine through the website, so I'm not sure about the OTA.
    05-31-09 10:25 PM
    Ah. I was successful with my battery pull! Hooray!
    05-31-09 10:37 PM
    But then after it was backing up my files, it restarted and now i have a black screen and my red light is blinking on and off?
    05-31-09 10:39 PM
    I have had mine for over two hours and its still on 59%. I did a battery pull and no change............ Is this what others are experiencing?

Thanks.
    05-31-09 10:43 PM
    But then after it was backing up my files, it restarted and now i have a black screen and my red light is blinking on and off?
    Ugh. I really don't want to tell you to do the wrong thing. Have you tried pulling the battery yet?
    05-31-09 10:46 PM
    Ugh. I really don't want to tell you to do the wrong thing. Have you tried pulling the battery yet?
    Haha, no, not yet. I was just wiating to see if it was going to come back on or what the phones deal was. We're supposed to do a BP after an upgrade anyways, right? I guess it'd be the next logical step.
    05-31-09 10:48 PM
    Ugh. Did a battery pull, still just dark screen and a long but flashing red light. When the light comes on, it stays on for like 10 seconds, then flashes, not the normal flash..
    05-31-09 10:52 PM
    Ugh. Did a battery pull, still just dark screen and a long but flashing red light. When the light comes on, it stays on for like 10 seconds, then flashes, not the normal flash..
    I would go to the help page stickied at the top here and read up on "bricked" phones... I honestly don't know if that is the issue, but I am sure there is a thread linked there that has your answer.
    05-31-09 10:57 PM
    The problem is that your battery is too low....mine was at 94% and stopped and when i reset my phone it said my battery wasn't high enough even though i had 2 bars... i hooked it up to the charger and it resumed....
    05-31-09 10:58 PM
    Ugh, I have a feeling i bricked it - even though i did nothing but follow "press ok". It wont even connect to my computer. Cheese and rice!!
    05-31-09 11:01 PM
    Patience....my OTA upgrade took over 90 mins....during that time I got white screens, black screens, little running clocks, etc etc...when it was finally done a message stating the install was successful popped up.

Absolutely no problems afterwards..I have messages, calendar, pix, etc, etc.

Perfect!

Steve
    05-31-09 11:02 PM
    Patience....my OTA upgrade took over 90 mins....during that time I got white screens, black screens, little running clocks, etc etc...when it was finally done a message stating the install was successful popped up.

Absolutely no problems afterwards..I have messages, calendar, pix, etc, etc.

Perfect!

Steve
    Ill put it under my pillow and sleep on it haha, thanks for giving me some hope.
    05-31-09 11:06 PM
    My OTA download seemed to have frozen as well, no progress for a long time and the data arrows were not flashing anymore. I didn't want to battery pull and lose everything, but I did pause the download, turned off the wireless radio, then turned it back on and resumed the download and it picked up again right away. I only left the radio off for about 30 seconds. It worked for me and my friend as well...total OTA download process took over 2 hours but was successful! Good luck everyone, hope this helps you too!!!
    Last edited by steveo1909; 05-31-09 at 11:45 PM.
    05-31-09 11:11 PM
    I am not at Verizon. I am at T-mobile. I used JL-Commander and wiped my BB.
    I started the DM. and I chose Device Software update. I was prompted by
    4.7.0.75 and 4.0.7.148 with 4.7.0.148 marked as recommended. I let it go and the DM istalled the official 4.7.0.148 in about 15 Minutes.
    While I am at T-mobile, Voice and Text was working fine. I just had to redo the whole processs to get the borwser and MMS working at BB9530 as in the link below:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/
    Last edited by romman; 05-31-09 at 11:26 PM.
    05-31-09 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD