I am considering getting a Storm (Verizon) when it comes out. A concern I have is that it seems likely the OS will be updated significantly over time, as bugs are corrected. I will be on BES through my employer, which is extraordinarily conservative about allowing updates of any kind (until they have been tested and tested and tested). When I refer to "updates", I mean generally, not Blackberry-specific (since I think OTA updates are a new thing). I understand OTA updates will be done through BES. Does that mean that if you're on BES, updates are automatically available through Verizon, or that the administrator of the BES has to take action to make the update available? If the latter, I'll wait to buy it, as I guarantee they'll not make updates available to us, even if they're pure bug fixes, for months and months.
    11-15-08 07:28 PM
    you could always just update it yourself from blackberry or verizons website using desktop manager
    11-15-08 07:29 PM
    How about people who is not using BES, I hope that you will be flash new update with you PC.
    11-15-08 07:30 PM
    How about people who is not using BES, I hope that you will be flash new update with you PC.
    you will, you can download the new updates through rims website. and then you can update your phone using desktop manager.
    11-15-08 07:32 PM
    I think its something similar to when u dial *228 to program a phone. How can your employer have control over that?
    11-15-08 07:32 PM
    There is no OTA OS Update without BES.
    11-15-08 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD