i dont' know much about my phone...

...is the OTA going to be very easy to do? i'm scared of messing it up haha
    05-31-09 12:15 PM
    It is idiotproof

This post is more proof that phones are smarter than their owners
    05-31-09 12:23 PM

The OTA is the easiest way to do it. It just takes the longest. Make sure you have your phone plugged into a wall charger before you start the OTA, and leave it plugged in for the duration of the process.

(Back your phone up using DM before you start it, also. Always better to be safe about that. Just in case.)
    05-31-09 12:23 PM
    It is idiotproof

This post is more proof that phones are smarter than their owners
    Don't be grouchy again today, movie. Take a deep breath and back away.
    05-31-09 12:24 PM
    I'm sorry schmoopie...I haven't had my caffeine yet today
    05-31-09 12:26 PM
    LOL...there are going to be a LOT of redundant posts today, just like yesterday. I'm considering writing an FAQ to post up, not that I expect it to stop the multiple "Is the official different than the leak" and "how do I update OTA" posts. Maybe I'll just make a text file on my system I can copy and paste over and over again.

I still don't consider myself a BB expert by any means, but I sure have been posting a lot the last couple days, helping where I can, and it's been a lot of repeating the same 3 or 4 things over and over again.
    05-31-09 12:29 PM

I didn't like the ota when .075 came out some people were able to do it, as easy as it is but there were other issues that came up...so I'd alway use the usb...not that confident about ota....BUT that's just me
    05-31-09 12:33 PM
    LOL...there are going to be a LOT of redundant posts today, just like yesterday. I'm considering writing an FAQ to post up, not that I expect it to stop the multiple "Is the official different than the leak" and "how do I update OTA" posts. Maybe I'll just make a text file on my system I can copy and paste over and over again.

I still don't consider myself a BB expert by any means, but I sure have been posting a lot the last couple days, helping where I can, and it's been a lot of repeating the same 3 or 4 things over and over again.
    That would be extremely smart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 12:34 PM
    I didn't like the ota when .075 came out some people were able to do it, as easy as it is but there were other issues that came up...so I'd alway use the usb...not that confident about ota....BUT that's just me
    The biggest issue people had with the .75 OTA update was an insufficient memory error that advised you to delete your apps and try again. This supposedly won't happen this time around, because the upgrade will utilize your media card for the download.

The other issue that a very few encountered was the battery shutting down before the update was complete. Make sure your phone is plugged in and this won't be an issue either.

OTA is the simplest and least likely for failure, but it takes a very long time compared to the DM.
    05-31-09 12:38 PM
    is there an advantage to doing that over DM? because DM seems pretty easy too?

and how do these compare to downloading it and following the guide someone posted with the pictures?
    05-31-09 12:39 PM
    is there an advantage to doing that over DM? because DM seems pretty easy too?

and how do these compare to downloading it and following the guide someone posted with the pictures?
    1. The biggest advantage is that it's much faster, 20 minutes or so as opposed to 45 minute up to 2 hours.

2. If you're referring to the N00b guide, should be pretty much the same. You won't have to delete the vendor.xml file though. Just go to the website, click the link which will start your DM. The OS will download and start the install.
    05-31-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD