there is no way to make it ota? it would be easier for alot of ppl
    02-20-09 10:39 PM
    im going to look into this when i get back from vacation
    02-20-09 10:46 PM
    excellent idea...
    02-20-09 10:47 PM

I totally agree but then again im not sure about that, that a huge amount of data to download plus then install at the same time.

But would be nice to still have that advantage
    02-20-09 10:49 PM
    Also the phone backs up during the process. So I dont think OTA would work because were would the storm back up to?
    02-20-09 10:52 PM
    Also the phone backs up during the process. So I dont think OTA would work because were would the storm back up to?
    thats true the download would let alone eat up most of the space on the phone LOL
    02-20-09 10:54 PM
    That would save so much lag d/ling from megaupload or other sites, never thought bout this option lol
    02-20-09 10:55 PM
    ota upgrade is already available for the storm but it only upgrades to an official vzw fw. if you go to options/advance options/ wireless upgrade it is there

there is no way too push a beta os to this feature it is all on verizons end, and it beats me on how they do it but its slick. so there really is nothing we can do as far as that...
    02-20-09 10:56 PM
    Even if it were possible, I'd be afraid I would end up with an inoperable phone. Plus it would still be quicker to handle the upgrade on a computer. I would be interested though if it would be possible thru a 3rd party app that could somehow leverage how carriers currently handle OTA updates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:00 PM
    Even if it were possible, I'd be afraid I would end up with an inoperable phone. Plus it would still be quicker to handle the upgrade on a computer. I would be interested though if it would be possible thru a 3rd party app that could somehow leverage how carriers currently handle OTA updates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    now that's thinking outside the box great idea. even thou its mostly pointless, this should be looked into. im not so down for the whole install over the air. it doesn't seem like the best bet. desktop is the way to go no doubt. stability is more impotent than ease for me
    02-20-09 11:10 PM
    Nope

Only way to upgrade your OS is through DM
    Also via Apploader....
    02-21-09 12:36 AM
    I tried to download the leaked file to my storm when .99 came out (I was out of town and without internet) so I could take it off the memory card and just install it when I got home.

It seems there is a cap on how large of a file you can download to your phone.
    02-21-09 12:44 AM
    If someone figures it out, I will provide the hosting for everyone on one of my servers that uses dual OC-48 connections.
    02-21-09 03:10 AM
    It doesn't work that way. A OS update is a LOT complex than just installing a .cod file or two like regular apps.

The OTA update system that RIM has is different from these leaks (they are packaged differently) and there is no way for a third party to duplicate that.
    02-21-09 03:37 AM
    Also via Apploader....
    Technically, DM is just wrapping Apploader, and trapping the output to be displayed in DM. So Apploader or OTA is the only way to go. Though I suppose in theory you could manually hand copy each file using some tool like CrackUtil.
    02-21-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD