Hey,
    Sorry if this is a repost, but does anyone know if there's an app for the storm that you can get that does an OTA calender sync. Basically I have a friend that wants to get a storm, and he wants his secretary to update his calender while he's on the road, and he wants to just "click a button" and have it update OTA...I know it's not possible with Outlook, but is it possible with something like Google calender, or something like that.

Thanks,
    Swoop

P.S. If this is a repost...please don't beat me up too bad...I'm new, and dumb!
    01-16-09 11:16 AM
    You can use Google Sync. I think its m.google.com/sync from your device browser.
    01-16-09 11:18 AM
    Hey,
    Sorry if this is a repost, but does anyone know if there's an app for the storm that you can get that does an OTA calender sync. Basically I have a friend that wants to get a storm, and he wants his secretary to update his calender while he's on the road, and he wants to just "click a button" and have it update OTA...I know it's not possible with Outlook, but is it possible with something like Google calender, or something like that.

Thanks,
    Swoop

P.S. If this is a repost...please don't beat me up too bad...I'm new, and dumb!
    Google makes a program called google sync which accomplishes this. It is available at http://m.google.com from your blackberry browser. It will also sync your google contacts onto your blackberry, if needed.
    01-16-09 11:18 AM
    Google Sync is an excellent program along with Google Calendar. I've just updated my calendar with all of my hockey game schedule for my 2 leagues. It's awesome!

It also syncs both ways. If you have entries on your BB calendar not on your Google calendar then it will add it and vice versa.
    01-16-09 11:32 AM
    Y used google sync to back up contacts and it totally screwed my contacts up.. i dont use first and last names... i just use the first name to put the whole name..... it works fine with outlook, but google took it upon itself to figure out first and last names and re-arrange them, it was funny but, i had to manually correct the names. calendar entries i didnt have a problem with.
    01-16-09 11:42 AM
    If you have an AOL/AIM address there is also a contacts/calendar sync tool. Google "aol sync." It works great. You can sync manually or set it to run on schedule. And it doesn't mangle anything like that joke gMail does.
    01-16-09 12:17 PM
    Calendar sync works with outlook if you have an exchange account with some sort of blackberry server software (BES?). I guess thats how it works for blackberrys you get from your worklpace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 01:05 PM
    The only way I have been able to add appts to my calendar, Over The Air is to have my secretary, using outlook, add me as an attendee to the appt which sends my yahoo email address the appt request and adds it to my yahoo calender. Because the email request, which is sent to my device as well, for the appt is recognized by the blackberry calendar, it adds it on my device. This is the only way I have found to update my device calender live and OTA to be somewhat in sync with my office calender.

It is my experience that Yahoo sync only syncs the outlook and yahoo calendar. Not automatically with the device OTA. You need to hardwire sync the device with your computer that your outlook calendar is on.

If there is another way, Please share.

Just my 2 cents.
    01-16-09 01:54 PM
    If you have an AOL/AIM address there is also a contacts/calendar sync tool. Google "aol sync." It works great. You can sync manually or set it to run on schedule. And it doesn't mangle anything like that joke gMail does.
    The storm wasn't an option when I just tried to sign up for AOL Sync, does it make a difference if I choose another model?
    01-16-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD