Like in terms of percentage.
    I use Photoshop a lot, but even after all these years, I probably know less than 4% of what it can REALLY do. I still use v. 6.0 too...pretty old. I need to upgrade. Anyone know what can be done on the more recent version that can't be done in the older versions? You don't have to list them all, just a few cool features.
    02-12-09 06:50 PM
    I think I probably know less than 4%...lol! In fact I retired my old PS version (5.0 I think?) this fall and replaced it with PS Elements 6.0 and I still probably use less than 4% of it's capabilities. I mostly just re-size, do some color adjustments, and crop. That's about all.
    02-12-09 06:56 PM
    If say about 4% is my max too although I rarely use it but would like to learn more. I work with some industrial designers that do amazing stuff with it. I use them for most of my Halloween needs.
    02-12-09 07:54 PM
    I have been using CS3 for a while now, just use it to tweak images and stuff but I would say about 50% maybe
    02-12-09 08:00 PM
    I mostly use illustrator and in design at work. Photoshop only occasionally. Maybe 45%

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 08:32 PM
    GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program does all the 4% of Photoshop you know, gets upgraded often, and is 100% free and legal.
    02-12-09 08:47 PM
    I know about 20% maybe........

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program does all the 4% of Photoshop you know, gets upgraded often, and is 100% free and legal.
    My million dollar question is.....does GIMP run actions? I am assuming not.
    02-12-09 10:12 PM
    I would say I know 20% at most. My brother on the other hand has taken classes and uses it all the time so I would put him at 90%
    02-13-09 08:55 AM
    I probably know about 60% of CS4. I am constantly learned something new.
    But then I use it everyday for up to 5-6hrs. But as my nick indicates, I am a Pro Photographer.
    02-13-09 11:20 AM
    Been using it as a professional illustrator / animator for over 10 years now. I'd say I know it about 98%. You can pretty much do anything with it, especially if you have a Wacom tablet. Is there anything specific you want to know?
    02-13-09 07:50 PM
    I'm with Lundy, although using CS4. About 50%
    02-13-09 08:39 PM
    been using photoshop for around 3-4 years now off and on for months (not religiously AT all), and id say i know about 20-30% MAYBE of the program (used CS2 for 2 years and the rest with CS3, dont plan on going to CS4). its amazing what you can do with it though.

You can almost separate what you can do with photoshop into subcategories considering what this program is capable of doing, for example: Photo manipulation, graphics, animation (limited of course), art, etc... Each category requires a special knowledge of the program.
    02-16-09 02:24 AM
    i agree with the poster above. photoshop is so diverse that each category can be completely mastered without ever having to use a different feature in one of it's menus..

however, my 9-5 involves layers upon layers upon layers.. then throw in some actions and some more layer adjustments and maps.. after all that garbage i'd still say i'm only a 90% user. without the cintiq at work and intuos at home i'd be at 60% user.

p.s... filters do not make you an artist. a true artist can replicate without filters.

p.s 2.. i hate drop shadow and lens flare
    02-16-09 02:33 AM
    Yeah, I'm in the 5-10% category.
    02-16-09 03:03 AM
    CS3 User here.. I just use it for general tweaking and design... I used to use Elements for MySpace but then I went to facebook and stopped caring! lol All in all i would say around 20%
    02-16-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD