Does anybody have any idea of when OS 5.0 will be released.
    05-11-09 12:52 PM
    During WES last week, it was said to roll out sometime this fall.
    05-11-09 01:23 PM
    Does sometime this fall = sometime next spring?

It seems like there will be no new software upgrades to the Storm until 5.0 comes out, which means probably that Storm users will go a year or more without a software update that fixes even the most basic device bugs. That's too bad.
    05-11-09 01:28 PM
    There's always the leaks.....lol
    Weather a new official comes out or not most here will still be looking for leaks anyway
    Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 01:37 PM
    True Darwin, but I think 99% or more of Storm users are looking for a stable release. If 2 million people own a Storm and 100,000 people have downloaded a leak (a generous figure) then there would still be 1.9 million people who are either unwilling or unable to download a leak. That's a lot of people left in the dark.
    05-11-09 01:44 PM
    Yeah you think RIM would know how many people are having problems with the phone and all the porblems that are going on and they would try to push it out even faster
    05-11-09 01:54 PM
    True Darwin, but I think 99% or more of Storm users are looking for a stable release. If 2 million people own a Storm and 100,000 people have downloaded a leak (a generous figure) then there would still be 1.9 million people who are either unwilling or unable to download a leak. That's a lot of people left in the dark.
    Heh heh, like .75 was a stable release?

I would bet the vast majority of people who come into this forum do indeed upgrade.

I would agree however that the majority of people (not 99%) out there don't upgrade but I think that's mostly because they arn't aware of updates available. The rest are just scarred.
    05-11-09 02:34 PM
    Yeah you think RIM would know how many people are having problems with the phone and all the porblems that are going on and they would try to push it out even faster
    RIM knows how many people are having problems with the phone since they knew the OS had bugs before it was released and since they are leaking incremental fixes for some leaks. I think Verizon and RIM are not working well together to release an update. The reason the iPhone official updates and patches are pushed more often is because ATT stays out of Apple's business, whereas RIM and Verizon are attached at the hip.
    05-11-09 03:51 PM
    Yeah i wanted to maybe update to .141 but i have heard of people complaining about a lock button and i dont feel like paying for a app. is there a newer OS then that
    05-13-09 08:52 AM
    Also does anybody know why im not receivng a stronger signle i always have jsut gprs never EDGE or even edge does anybody know anything
    05-13-09 08:56 AM
    I keep on hearing the fall for 5.0.
    05-13-09 08:57 AM
    It's coming out Friday, May 15 at 4:45 PM. That's an absolute from a mole placed high up in the RIM organization.

AND....it's being released OTA through Verizon. They have been testing and officially approved the OS this past Monday. That is from another mole I know that is placed high up in the Verizon organization.

This stuff is all true.

Grey
    05-13-09 01:56 PM
    It's coming out Friday, May 15 at 4:45 PM. That's an absolute from a mole placed high up in the RIM organization.

AND....it's being released OTA through Verizon. They have been testing and officially approved the OS this past Monday. That is from another mole I know that is placed high up in the Verizon organization.

This stuff is all true.

Grey
    What a trouble maker.
    05-13-09 02:32 PM
    im wondering when the next leak will come out, i herd rim is really cracking down on the leaks so we might not see one hopefully not true
    05-13-09 03:21 PM
    im wondering when the next leak will come out, i herd rim is really cracking down on the leaks so we might not see one hopefully not true
    Yeah, why is no one even discussing the next potential leak. Before every other leak people would be speculating about it but since .141 nothing...

Where and what is the next leak cause .141 is killing me battery, signal and locking wise.
    05-13-09 05:02 PM
    Yeah, why is no one even discussing the next potential leak. Before every other leak people would be speculating about it but since .141 nothing...

Where and what is the next leak cause .141 is killing me battery, signal and locking wise.
    Try Lyricidal's .141/5.0 hybrid. It's easy to install and the battery life is back to normal (good). It uses the radio from 132 so your battery doesn't burn up trying to find a signal all the time.

Grey
    05-13-09 05:33 PM
    Try Lyricidal's .141/5.0 hybrid. It's easy to install and the battery life is back to normal (good). It uses the radio from 132 so your battery doesn't burn up trying to find a signal all the time.

Grey
    I was having very similar battery issues with .132 as well so I may have to go back to .109 which (if I recall) was the best for me.
    05-13-09 08:21 PM

Grey
    I was having very similar battery issues with .132 as well so I may have to go back to .109 which (if I recall) was the best for me.
    05-13-09 08:39 PM
    technically end of fall is December 20, 2009. That leaves us with 220 days or 31 weeks 3 days to continue checking this website
    05-14-09 03:47 PM
    i love .132 nothin but good for me. except the *228 thing, but i restart after doing that ne ways so. doesnt make a problem for me. lol
    05-14-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD