vjdiorio
    Don't give up yet. Our rep said it would show up in the next couple days. It was just sooner than later for us. I would look for it again in the morning since the BES only checks for updates once a day.
    06-02-09 12:13 PM
    RIM's Forum for BES Says we may have to wait up to 11 days before we can do OTA from BES, but not sure how accurate that is.
    06-02-09 12:30 PM
    I read through the above posts and want to confirm. All BES clients, do they need to go through the BES server. I recall updating to .75 through OTA but needed to do enterprise reactivation. So if I am able to update through OTA or through DM, do I still need to get enterprise reactivation?
    06-02-09 12:36 PM
    I was able to upgrade to .148, no browser and not receiving new emails. AS BES user, I suspect I need new enterprise activation from admin? has anyone else had this problem.
    06-02-09 09:40 PM
    I just talked to our IT people about the update, and how I couldn't update and it said to talk to my administrator. They said "Yes, we control the updates, and we don't update very often".

Ummm, what?
    Some companies I have worked for don't like updating the BES or other servers if they don't have to. Reason for this is IMO: it works why mess with it? Why cause unknown/problems that don't have fixes yet? Which equals downtime. On another note we have the latest BES and I don't have the option to push down .148 just .75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 11:15 PM
    I contacted RIM support to verify my procedures and found there was a couple things I needed to change. RIM KB Article #KB15635 describes the procedure for pushing the update out. In addition I need to create a new IT Policy that allows the user to request OTA updates and allows them to Download 3rd party apps. Both of these options are disallowed with our current IT policies. Also, RIM suggested I set the Severity to Mandatory to Nag the user to do the upgrade at some point. There will be an Upgrade Icon on the Home Page which requires user interaction and the upgrade can take 3 hours. I'm still waiting for a replacement device to test the procedure.
    06-03-09 11:12 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD