Hello Everyone, I just have a quick question about updating using DM. I have searched for this but it's hard to find b/c it's sort of a specific question.
    So i upgraded to .75 last week via DM. I thought all went well except for a few issues I had to twek. Anyways now every time i plug my BB into my PC and launch DM, it tells me there is an upgrade available and do I want to install, etc. I thought that .75 was the offical latest version available?? Did I miss something or does this come up normally? Just a little confused?

Thanks for your help in advance
    12-23-08 03:07 PM
    I want to know the answer to this because I to have .75 with verizon is there a new update or something?
    12-23-08 03:12 PM
    That happened to me when I was on .75 as well. I'm not sure what the deal was. I always told it ok to update, but it went so quickly I highly doubt it did anything. After I updated to .76 it stopped.
    12-23-08 03:16 PM
    I have a feeling it's just telling me about the .75 version. But i already upgraded so I just don't know why that message keeps coming up if I already upgraded. I am just wondering if something failed to load properly...
    12-23-08 03:16 PM
    but .76 is not available from verizon, right? I am scared to upgrade the other way...i am afraid i'll F sumthin up... and now that i am addicted that would be VERY BAD!!!
    12-23-08 03:18 PM
    I have a feeling it's just telling me about the .75 version. But i already upgraded so I just don't know why that message keeps coming up if I already upgraded. I am just wondering if something failed to load properly...
    so....find the update and see what happens
    12-23-08 03:18 PM
    When this has happend to me DM is trying to update core files, or so it says. All it really is doing is adding the media files back to the phone that I didn't have loaded.
    12-23-08 03:19 PM
    Hello Everyone, I just have a quick question about updating using DM. I have searched for this but it's hard to find b/c it's sort of a specific question.
    So i upgraded to .75 last week via DM. I thought all went well except for a few issues I had to twek. Anyways now every time i plug my BB into my PC and launch DM, it tells me there is an upgrade available and do I want to install, etc. I thought that .75 was the offical latest version available?? Did I miss something or does this come up normally? Just a little confused?

Thanks for your help in advance
    .83 is the latest.

It's up on BB's site (BlackBerry Storm)

Also- if you don't like .83 you can step back down to .75 (not sure why anyone would want to- but I have seen a few that didn't like .83)

Remember it's always best to wipe the Storm before you install a new OS. I even take it a step further by Wiping- and doing a final battery pull before I install a new OS. It update through the DM and not OTA (which is a lot faster in my opinion) Hook your Storm up to the USB (or Bluetooth- I don't use this so I'm not sure if it can update via BT) then click on the update button and you are ready to go. ALSO- as a word of wisdom- it would be good to do a full backup via the DM before doing anything. it's a good common practice.

GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by DallasinPcola; 12-23-08 at 03:28 PM. Reason: because I have OCD
    12-23-08 03:21 PM
    .83 is the latest.

Also- if you don't like .83 youc an step back down to .75 (not sure why anyone would want to- but I have seen a few that didn't like .83)

Remember it's always best to wipe the Storm before you install a new OS. I even take it a step further by Wiping- and doing a final battery pull before I install a new OS. It does it through the DM and not OTA (which is a lot faster in my opinion)
    I am afraid to upgrade to a leaked OS, though. and i am afraid to do the wipe. I am pretty good with computers but this is my 1st BB and i just don't feel that acclimated enought with the phone and the software to feel comfortable doing that. Hopefully soon though.

I guess i will let it go ahead and upgrade if it really wants to...

Thank you everyone for your help. You have all been great on here
    12-23-08 03:25 PM
    Originally Posted by DallasinPcola View Post
    .83 is the latest.

Also- if you don't like .83 youc an step back down to .75 (not sure why anyone would want to- but I have seen a few that didn't like .83)

Remember it's always best to wipe the Storm before you install a new OS. I even take it a step further by Wiping- and doing a final battery pull before I install a new OS. It does it through the DM and not OTA (which is a lot faster in my opinion)
    it won't let me download .83 from the link you provided...says that because i am activated on a BES i need to contact my IT department or VZW. The problem is I am the IT department and I cannot find out how to download this update. I go to VZW and they still only have .75. i do NOT want the "leaked" version as it appears to be for English (UK) only. How can I get the official .83 release today? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-23-08 at 03:52 PM.
    12-23-08 03:39 PM
    I am afraid to upgrade to a leaked OS, though. and i am afraid to do the wipe. I am pretty good with computers but this is my 1st BB and i just don't feel that acclimated enought with the phone and the software to feel comfortable doing that. Hopefully soon though.

I guess i will let it go ahead and upgrade if it really wants to...

Thank you everyone for your help. You have all been great on here
    I too am a newb to blackberry's. I came from a Palm Treo.

Wiping it is not a hard task- and backing up is something you should do on a regular basis.

To back up- attach BB to your computer. Click on "Back up or Restore" and then just follow the instructions on backing up.

To wipe is very simple. Click on the Options icon then click on Security options, then click on General settings, then hit the Blackberry key then click on "wipe handheld" then just follow the instructions.

keep in mind- this returns your Storm to a "just out of the box condition" - it does not wipe the OS- so if you upgraded to .75 from a previous version you will still have .75 Just none of your settings or contacts will be there. So make sure you have backed up and sync'd everything before you do the wipe. It's not that scary! I promise. If you need help- feel free to email me-or if you needed me to walk you through it over the phone- I can do that as well.
    I would say PM me on BB- but i'm not sure how that works!

my email is dallas_1973@hotmail
    12-23-08 06:26 PM
    it won't let me download .83 from the link you provided...says that because i am activated on a BES i need to contact my IT department or VZW. The problem is I am the IT department and I cannot find out how to download this update. I go to VZW and they still only have .75. i do NOT want the "leaked" version as it appears to be for English (UK) only. How can I get the official .83 release today? Thanks in advance.
    I am not familier with Enterprise. That's above my pay grade...lol Perhaps someone on here can help out.
    12-23-08 06:27 PM
    I am knew to bb and have a 9530 storm. I was trying to download the latest os .83, but everytime I use that link it takes me to the megaupload site. Is this the right link or is there another link? Do I need to join megaupload first?
    12-23-08 08:03 PM
    Megaupload has the file. Look in the upper right hand corner and it will be asking for you to input the code that is next to the box. Wait for the clock to tick down and then you can download.
    12-23-08 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD