i see that the new OS has been leaked .109 but i have a quick question. i've never done an upgrade on my storm and i'm running on .75 and i'm dying to know if it makes a difference that i have a Telus phone and all of you are on verizon. if anyone could get back to me it would be great. thanks
    02-25-09 03:23 PM
    I'm on Telus. I've been running every beta OS they've come out with without any problems with Telus . Go ahead, enjoy.
    02-25-09 03:29 PM
    you sure cause one of my friends said i had to delete a file cause i was on the telus network.....also i just upgrade through the desktop manager correct?
    02-25-09 03:36 PM
    yeah im also with telus, i had .76 and jumped to .109, and there is diffinetly a difference. its soo much quicker. you'll be happy you upgraded, also just follow the steps on how to upgrade the os and you should be fine.
    02-25-09 03:43 PM
    you sure cause one of my friends said i had to delete a file cause i was on the telus network.....also i just upgrade through the desktop manager correct?
    Bro, read through the official .109 OS thread.. It will give you all the install instructions believe me. I started off by testing on my own before starting to make posts and now its like a breeze... Read through the thread or heres a brief run through.

Remove everything related to BlackBerry in Control Panel except for Desktop Manager.

Download new leaked OS (e.x.109)

Disconnect yourself from the internet.

Install your new downloaded .109 OS.

Delete the Vendor.xml

Empty Recycling Bin - I like to do this first for some reason lol...

Then start up Desktop Manger and it should tell you there is an update.

Good Luck!

Anymore info read through the threads no need to post unless you really ****** up!
    02-25-09 03:46 PM
    There is a Vendor file you have to delete, although I think that's true of Verizon as well, and its mentioned very clearly in the upgrade tutorial. I went from .76 to .103 and now .109. Definitely a difference, especially in .109 in my opinion.
    02-25-09 03:48 PM
    thanks a lot i appreciate the fast responses and the help.....i just wanna make sure i'm doing it right the first time cause i love messing up my phones
    02-25-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD