So first I will say sorry to all of you because I am SUCH a newbie, but thanks for your help. I have the Blackberry Storm 9530 with Verizon. I love my storm and love this website.

I have been seeing a lot of post about updates for the storm. I can't seem to find them. I have done check on my phone and using the desktop manager, they both say "no new updates"...Help!

My other thing is I might all ready have it and not know about it. (I am a redhead, this is possible lol) But how do I or where do I check for my OS?

Someone please help

Thanks
    ~Boo
    03-19-09 02:49 PM
    Ducking for cover...
    03-19-09 02:51 PM
    Most likely because you keep hearing about updates that are leaked and unofficial. There has been lots of talk lately about an official VZW update coming soon...
    03-19-09 02:51 PM
    As noted above, much of the chatter here is about BETA OS's, not official ones released from RIM or Verizon or other carriers. Here is the OS subforum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/of...thread-123176/

You can determine your current OS by going to Options==>About. If you have a new Verizon Storm, you will likely see a reference to 4.7.0.75. If so, you have the latest OFFICIAL OS.

What is beta software?

Software release life cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 03-19-09 at 03:05 PM.
    03-19-09 03:03 PM
    Most likely because you keep hearing about updates that are leaked and unofficial. There has been lots of talk lately about an official VZW update coming soon...
    Thanks you!
    03-19-09 03:03 PM
    Thanks you!
    Yours welcome!
    03-19-09 03:04 PM
    So first I will say sorry to all of you because I am SUCH a newbie, but thanks for your help. I have the Blackberry Storm 9530 with Verizon. I love my storm and love this website.

I have been seeing a lot of post about updates for the storm. I can't seem to find them. I have done check on my phone and using the desktop manager, they both say "no new updates"...Help!

My other thing is I might all ready have it and not know about it. (I am a redhead, this is possible lol) But how do I or where do I check for my OS?

Someone please help

Thanks
    ~Boo
    Ok, first, you can send your photo to my PM inbox

Secondly, the search feature on this site is fantastic, give it a try.

Third, all this OS talk is unofficial releases, there is no official word on an official Verizon release yet

To check for your OS:

From the home screen:

BB Button > Options > About

On the 3rd line, you will see "v4.7.0.XX"

What does that XX say on yours?
    03-19-09 03:05 PM
    This.

You check for new updates by going to Options, Advanced Options, Wireless Upgrade.

I realize you're new to this but take some advice (and I don't mean this in a mean spirited way) - read your instruction book before posting "how to use my Blackberry" basics that can be found anywhere.

Everyone here is helpful, don't misunderstand me, but you make yourself a target with questions like that (and I realize my post count and membership date isn't exactly lengthy, but this is a new account - I've been around for a bit).
    03-19-09 03:08 PM
    v4.7.0.75 (platform 4.0.0.94)
    03-19-09 03:10 PM
    Everyone here is helpful, don't misunderstand me, but you make yourself a target with questions like that (and I realize my post count and membership date isn't exactly lengthy, but this is a new account - I've been around for a bit).
    Besides, the process of searching for answers will open a whole new window of information for you. You look for OS info, you stumble across something else helpful (why did my browser disappear? does the Storm have Wifi? etc). Learning yourself--rather than just getting information fed to you by others--will actually make your Storm a lot more easy to use (and fun)! This is just a friendly piece of advice. Enjoy!
    03-19-09 03:16 PM
    I would suggest you get used to your phone for a while, then start reading about leaked OS's. Don't rush into it. It is easy once you know what you're doing
    03-19-09 03:16 PM
    That is the latest Official OS from Verizon.
    03-19-09 03:18 PM
    whatever you do, backup first.
    03-19-09 03:24 PM
    If rainwillo didn't have the hot avatar, you all would've flamed her to a crisp by now..funny.
    03-19-09 03:37 PM
    That is the latest Official OS from Verizon.
    Thanks soo much!
    03-19-09 03:50 PM
    whatever you do, backup first.
    Yeah I learned that one the hard way with my Curve
    03-19-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD