OK, so I'm a noob and have been given a Storm 9500 by work. Question is this -

My 9500 is a Vodafone handset (UK) but I am now working in Dubai, using the same handset but with the local carrier Etisalat.

The phone is on OS v 4.7.0.78 but Etisalat have released v 4.7.0.152 (Multilanguage).

Should I download? Are there any issues with using official Etisalat downloads on a UK handset??

Please, no comments required on how dumb I am, just worried in case I break the damn thing!!
    06-02-09 01:01 AM
    Do you realize how dumb you are?

That is all.
    06-02-09 01:14 AM
    P.S. If you install a new operating system your phone will explode into 17458 tiny fragments that will spray in all directions and rupture both your corneas causing you indescribable pain. It's not worth it, man.
    06-02-09 01:15 AM
    You can update safely. The only issue you may have is if you need warranty repair in the uk if vodaphone does not support the os. But if you carrier if nor them then do the upgrade. It will work better and be overall better. Sorry for the **** flamers. They have nothing better to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 01:19 AM
    You can update safely. The only issue you may have is if you need warranty repair in the uk if vodaphone does not support the os. But if you carrier if nor them then do the upgrade. It will work better and be overall better. Sorry for the **** flamers. They have nothing better to do.

You're absolutely right. I have nothing better to do at 2AM than troll forums.
    Last edited by blueskyjunkie; 06-02-09 at 02:09 AM.
    06-02-09 01:21 AM
    Mods please ban poster bluesky

06-02-09 01:25 AM
    Mods please ban poster bluesky

Play nice now. No need to tattle on a guy for just having a little fun.
    06-02-09 02:09 AM
    Fun at the expense of others is not fun. It is just being rude. Your type are the people who make others look down on cb. make people afraid to post. Your type ruin the forums.

06-02-09 02:38 AM
    OK, so I'm a noob and have been given a Storm 9500 by work. Question is this -

My 9500 is a Vodafone handset (UK) but I am now working in Dubai, using the same handset but with the local carrier Etisalat.

The phone is on OS v 4.7.0.78 but Etisalat have released v 4.7.0.152 (Multilanguage).

Should I download? Are there any issues with using official Etisalat downloads on a UK handset??

Please, no comments required on how dumb I am, just worried in case I break the damn thing!!
    Hey, Its always better to search the forum before posting.
    06-02-09 02:43 AM
    Thanks for the help "decentfreak" I'll give the update a go and thanks to "blueskyjunkie" for making me smile during another boring work day.

Cheers
    06-02-09 04:48 AM
    Fun at the expense of others is not fun. It is just being rude. Your type are the people who make others look down on cb. make people afraid to post. Your type ruin the forums.

Chill out, bro! I was joking. He specifically said in his post not to make fun of his dumbness regarding his new Storm so I was teasing him. I think its people like you that are unable to pick up on sarcasm and have no sense of humor that "ruin" Internet forums. Have a little fun while you're helping people.
    06-02-09 01:07 PM
    Thanks for the help "decentfreak" I'll give the update a go and thanks to "blueskyjunkie" for making me smile during another boring work day.

Cheers
    No problem. I hope you realized I was just teasing. If not, I'm sorry I meant nothing by it.
    06-02-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD