I'm a pretty experienced BB user. I've had them since the 8700 came out. Never had an unlocked BB either. I'm very interested in the BB Storm 9530 (would get the 9500 but its too expensive and I'm getting the 9530 for a mere $50 bucks =) ). I use T-Mobile and already have the service books from the BB 101 section of Crackberry. Anyway, if I were to do an update on the OS with the latest firmware thats leaked and then do another one when the next one comes out, will it erase my service books and settings? I really don't want to go through the whole crackutil process again. Thanks.

P.S. - If I sound like a n00b sorry lol. I really just want to know. That's all.
    Last edited by LCollazo1986; 02-09-09 at 12:30 AM.
    02-05-09 11:00 PM
    I'm a pretty experienced BB user. I've had them since the 8700 came out. Never had an unlocked BB either. I'm very interested in the BB Storm 9530 (would get the 9500 but its too expensiveand I'm getting the 9530 for a mere $50 bucks =) ). I use T-Mobile and already have the service books from the BB 101 section of Crackberry. Anyway, if I were to do an update on the OS with the latest firmware thats leaked and then do another one when the next one comes out, will it erase my service books and settings? I really don't want to go through the whole crackutil process again. Thanks.

P.S. - If I sound like a n00b sorry lol. I really just want to know. That's all.
    yes from what i've read on PLtaylor's guide, it all has to be done again.
    02-05-09 11:32 PM
    I'm a pretty experienced BB user. I've had them since the 8700 came out. Never had an unlocked BB either. I'm very interested in the BB Storm 9530 (would get the 9500 but its too expensiveand I'm getting the 9530 for a mere $50 bucks =) ). I use T-Mobile and already have the service books from the BB 101 section of Crackberry. Anyway, if I were to do an update on the OS with the latest firmware thats leaked and then do another one when the next one comes out, will it erase my service books and settings? I really don't want to go through the whole crackutil process again. Thanks.

You should be good as long as you make sure to do a backup before doing the update. The backup will restore everything except the 3rd party apps back to the device. In other words, your service books and settings will be backed up. But don't quote me on this since I haven't done this method personally.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 02-05-09 at 11:36 PM.
    02-05-09 11:34 PM
    For backing up 3rd party apps, you can serch the 101 section, too.
    02-06-09 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD