I am currently running .607 which came stock on the fone but I hear everyone trashing it. I was wondering if someone could tell me exactly what the problems are and recommend a different OS. TO be honest, I haven't had any complaints other than the battery but after charging my fone overnight for the 1st time, I've been getting an excellent discharge rate. My fone has been on since 6 am and I still have 68% left which is definitely the best performance I've seen so far. But what other issues have you all had with .607?

Also, when switching OS's do you have to re-enter all your activation codes again? That alone may be reason enough for me to keep .607 despite other S2 users laughing at me. Thanks!
    05-27-10 06:06 PM
    Many people LOVE .607, if you are enjoying it, I'd keep it!
    05-27-10 06:21 PM
    Have to agree with Cory, if it's working for you then don't worry about it. There is no perfect
    OS.

Yes you will have to reactivate your apps if you switch to another OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 06:47 PM
    Yeah I'm cool with .607 I was just wondering what everyone's gripes with it were because that's all I'm familiar with. I've only had the fone about 2 weeks now. My curve came with OS 4.3 and my cousin was jumping on my back to get me to switch to 4.5. I didn't really have an issue with 4.3 but when I switched to 4.5 I saw that it was better (even though I had to go through just about every 4.5 twice until I found the one I liked best). I just remember switching OS's was such a pain on my curve. I'll probably be holding out for OS 6.
    05-27-10 07:18 PM
    I prefer 451, 607 has an issue with Bluetooth, battery life was an issue, and it was very sluggish. But that was on my S2. I went thru a few OS's on my S1 until I found 419 which was very good.

You could try some of the others and see how they compare to what you have now. Rolling back is easy enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 07:36 PM
    I'm running .607 with the latest hybrid on top of it. I had problems with both .517 and .607. The keys would stick and the phone would freeze up often. Sometimes battery pulls fixed the problem, sometimes it didn't.

When I started adding the hybrids all my problems stopped. That seems to be the answer for me.

But as stated, if .607 is not giving you problems, I would leave it alone. The Storms are very fickle and it takes some fine-tuning once in awhile to keep them (and me) happy.
    05-27-10 08:17 PM
    I kept.607 only 'causse the new hybrids are designed to run with .607. I kinda like it. Has it's issues, but I've been able to solve the problems with my pone and my girlfriends' phone with hybrids. We are always downloading the latest and greatest hybrid and we test them all out. All depends on what you're looking for. Some hybrids have great battery life, some don't. Some work very well with BBM and some don't. Honestly, I am a fairly newbie and was scared to use a hybrid other than Lyric's cause he pretty much makes it foolproof. Search through the forums and you can find exact info on how to replace Java files and the like. Try some of the hybrids and find what works for you. Most hybrids are posted on this site, but you might want to look at BBHybrids Forums - BBHybrids - Home and driphter.com. Just gotta find what works for you. Start with something from Lyric, walks you right through it. Very good hybrids from him.
    05-27-10 08:43 PM
    A little post note: sorry, just thought about this. We've used everyone's hybrids. Each have their own good and bad points. here ya go:

Oaks
    Tank
    Lyric
    Willyboy
    Alexander

Any hybrids by these guys are great and I've used them all. One works great on my phone, but doesn't work that great on hers and visa versa. Start playing with hybrids, I swear it is a lot of fun. Like someone said here a while ago, a new hybrid day is definitely a good day.

Good luck, have fun
    05-27-10 08:50 PM
    Thanks everyone for all of your input. Great info, Allie. I appreciate it.
    05-27-10 09:40 PM
    De Nada. Learned everything I know from this website and appreciate the help and the work these guys put into it. BTW: I was REALLY scared to download a hybrid, but I searched this site, found great directions, never had a prob. Try Lyric's first, just my opinion, see if that works for you. His is foolproof and he gives you some great tools to be more adventurous.

Good luck. Tell us how you make out.
    05-27-10 09:48 PM
    If you have any problems or reservations PIN me or BBM me and I will walk you through installing a hybrid.
    05-27-10 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD