I was looking through my box of old phone parts... (extensive collection) and found a dusty old memory card... (4 meg... it was big in its day). I couldn't remember seeing it there or purchasing it or anything... so i decided to dig out an old adapter and boot it up....

It was loaded with very old text files.... amongst which was the following cryptic verse....

In the age of desperate hope will come a winter of financial despair. The sun will rise BLACK and ripe like a BERRY in season, and a STORM of joy and great promise will sweep the land.... Many will doubt the storm's potential and fail... there will be great unrest in the land from the CRACK of Platform to the Place where grow the BERRIES of OS. The people of this unhappy place will cry out with a loud voice saying REFRESH, REFRESH, REFRESH... but they will not find the answers they seek. They will bow to the god BETA... and will seek out the mighty HYBRID. Some will flee and others will wage war on the unjust PROVIDERS. False prophets will claim knowledge of the perfect BUILD and prophesy the hour of its coming. The people in their frenzy will cast them down in FLAMEs. Do not lose hope... When all seems darkest morn shall dawn... and the STORM of joy and promise will come with POWER. Cast your eyes to the East and await its coming.

Cracknadamus.... 4.7.0.150

I don't know if this fits in this forum... but it seems to apply.... I can't confirm the voracity of Cracknadamus... but i am pretty sure he works at RIM.
    02-20-09 04:49 PM
    haha that is good.

that is all.
    02-20-09 04:58 PM
    lmfao - thanks.
    02-20-09 04:58 PM
    I take it you guys think it was just a rumor....? not true....? well I was just passing on what I found
    02-20-09 05:17 PM
    thats hilarious, should be posted in all of the stupid waiting rooms for new OS's good find.
    02-20-09 05:19 PM
    thats hilarious, should be posted in all of the stupid waiting rooms for new OS's good find.
    Actually I tried but the mods moved it here. I was just feeling creative and thought it might lighten the mood.
    02-20-09 05:23 PM
    I saw a PBS special on cracknadamus today. Fascinating person, but wildly misunderstood during his time.
    02-20-09 05:35 PM
    I saw a PBS special on cracknadamus today. Fascinating person, but wildly misunderstood during his time.
    That is what I read about him.... Most people thought he was CRACKED... but he was actually just an under appreciated creative genius...
    02-20-09 05:39 PM
    Whoever actually typed this up is probably a Poet lol. Its actually reall good. It goes with the threads nicely. Speculation and continues to get put down.

lol
    02-20-09 05:45 PM
    Ok Ok Ok........ I'm sorry! I made it all Up.......... sigh..... he doesn't really work at RIM....... but I think his sister went to school with a girl that dated a guy that now works at RIM but they don't talk much anymore...
    02-20-09 05:59 PM
    There's a new book about him coming out real soon. Actually quite controversial. Some say with links to Nostradamus.

We'll see...
    02-20-09 06:18 PM
    Didn't they have a special on him on the History channel?
    02-20-09 06:31 PM
    lol good humer man. We need this kind of stuff because of people putting on speculations from VZW CSRs lol
    02-20-09 06:57 PM
    OOOOOOHHHHh Maybe the Verizon CSRs have been reading the prophesy.... That would explain a lot!
    02-20-09 07:05 PM
    OOOOOOHHHHh Maybe the Verizon CSRs have been reading the prophesy.... That would explain a lot!
    Funny you say that, one told me they posted it in everyones cubicle to read to Storm owners. lol
    02-20-09 07:23 PM
    That is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. Spot on with the vague references and giant leaps inherent in most of Nostradamus' alleged prophecies. I respect and admire your comic genius.

So, when do you think we see another leak and / or official OS release?
    02-20-09 08:09 PM
    Hmm... Why must we cast our eyes east when Canada is to the north?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 08:55 PM
    lfmao!!!!!
    02-20-09 08:58 PM
    lfmao!!!!!
    You know when you mix those letters up like that you end up saying something you probably don't intend... :P
    02-20-09 10:08 PM
    Hmm... Why must we cast our eyes east when Canada is to the north?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    well now.... that depends entirely on where cracknadamus was writing about now doesn't it!
    02-20-09 10:09 PM
    Heh....not bad!
    02-21-09 02:36 AM
    ha nice! enjoyed it
    02-21-09 04:02 AM
    WOW.... looks like the prophesy is coming true.... I was over in the os forum and "false prophets" were getting flamed left and right.... Vallace is going back and forth between going to war or leaving..... it is all coming TRUE!!!!
    02-22-09 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD