Just wondering if there's a big difference between one or the other. I've been installing Lyricidal's hybrids for a while now and have been installing over the previous one. The last two or three (I'm on the .591-based .676 now) have had battery drainage issues where I've never had them before. Would wiping help or is it just how the OS is affecting my phone. I'm leery of wiping the phone (don't want to brick) so I want to make sure it would make a difference before trying to go ahead with the wipe.

Thanks!
    05-13-10 09:36 PM
    only wipe if you are really having troubles fixing something or if you have been using a ton of hybrids. for you i would wipe
    05-13-10 09:47 PM
    So I am running Lyricidal's 623, but was wanting to downgrade to 517 or possibly 607, but I can not seem to figure out exactly how to do it. I have read everything on the forums, but don't think I have the sequence correct. I would greatly appreciate a flame-free step by step description of the correct sequence, with and/or without a wipe. For many out there, this is a dumb request, but I really don't want to brick the phone, and I need to change the OS to something less buggy. Thank you.
    05-13-10 10:11 PM
    Just wondering if there's a big difference between one or the other. I've been installing Lyricidal's hybrids for a while now and have been installing over the previous one. The last two or three (I'm on the .591-based .676 now) have had battery drainage issues where I've never had them before. Would wiping help or is it just how the OS is affecting my phone. I'm leery of wiping the phone (don't want to brick) so I want to make sure it would make a difference before trying to go ahead with the wipe.

Thanks!
    wanska13,

It's been widely reported that the radio file in both straight .591 and the .591 based hybrids is harder on battery life than other recent 5.0 versions. Because of this, I don't believe that wiping your phone will make any difference on that issue. As long as you're using the .591 radio file (.sfi file), you're likely to have shorter battery life. I thought you might like to know. Good luck...

Riding the Storm Out
    05-13-10 10:30 PM
    Thanks all! Appreciate the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD