Ok....i just got a storm (and please dont beat me for saying this) but i at first wanted to throw it across the room and drop an a-bomb on it. My main gripe is the change between portrait and landscape mode is horrible...and the portrait mode true-type keyboard is horrid.

Then i hear about an upgrade (non official) 4.7.0.90...where there is a portrait mode full keyboard....and i need to have that. Would save me from using this phone as a hockey puck...

I have 4.7.0.75...how can i upgrade? Co i go from what i have (75) and go direct to (90)?

Please someone help....

CB
    05-20-09 02:13 PM
    Yes you can upgrade from .75 to whatever leaked OS you want. .148 came out today and most seem to be loving it. BEFORE you do anything else, read this...http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/. It should answer all you questions. If you still have more...come back and ask.

Grey
    05-20-09 02:41 PM
    thing is im a mac user as well.....and i keep hearing...download to pc...pc...pc...well, how do i do that if i have a mac?
    05-20-09 02:45 PM
    thing is im a mac user as well.....and i keep hearing...download to pc...pc...pc...well, how do i do that if i have a mac?
    I'm sorry, friend, but you need to have a windows-enabled machine to do Software upgrades.

Just off the top of my head I can think of a couple solutions.
    If you go to a site called codeweavers.com (or google codeweavers) they offer a 30-day trial of their program which allows you to run windows (.exe) files.

If you get this trial, then download the blackberry desktop software, you could install it using the Codeweavers software.

Then, just download the software version of your choice. I would suggest going higher than version .90. You can find the link for higher versions elsewhere in the forums.
    05-20-09 02:52 PM
    well....because i still have my power PC mac...im sunk....so now im to understand that because i dont have a PC and have a power pc mac....the best i can do is wait till verizon comes out with an upgrade????

shoot me now
    05-20-09 03:05 PM
    well....because i still have my power PC mac...im sunk....so now im to understand that because i dont have a PC and have a power pc mac....the best i can do is wait till verizon comes out with an upgrade????

shoot me now
    Well, I have another solution.
    Many people throughout the web have reported that if they back up all their information on their computer then bring their phone into the store, Verizon will upgrade the phone to the most recent authorized version for you.

I would try that.
    05-20-09 03:17 PM
    I know nothing about your mac world, but look at this thread...maybe it will help. http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/all-mac-users-231673/

Grey
    05-20-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD