5 10.64%

3 6.38%

2 4.26%

1 2.13%

3 6.38%

4 8.51%

0 0%

1 2.13%
    I know we wont know the full extent of .148's battery life because a lot of people are still updating but im curious to see the feed back from everyone as to which OS has given them the best battery life
    06-02-09 05:47 PM
    You left out the "I have no clue" option. I honestly can't tell any difference in battery life between the OS's, but then I don't monitor it obsessively either. If there are variances, they aren't that much.
    06-02-09 06:00 PM
    I had amazing battery life with .113.
    Now it's prolly a lot closer to average, whatever that is.
    06-02-09 06:03 PM
    You left out the "I have no clue" option. I honestly can't tell any difference in battery life between the OS's, but then I don't monitor it obsessively either. If there are variances, they aren't that much.
    lol i only had 10 options
    06-02-09 06:06 PM
    lol i only had 10 options
    Ahhhh, I see! I just think it's strange when I see posts from people who claim their battery went from 24 hours to 4 hours with an OS change...lol! Sure, there may be differences, but I've never experienced massive battery life swings like some mention.
    06-02-09 06:17 PM
    Ahhhh, I see! I just think it's strange when I see posts from people who claim their battery went from 24 hours to 4 hours with an OS change...lol! Sure, there may be differences, but I've never experienced massive battery life swings like some mention.
    i think there is some "user error" in reporting there. I am sure something else is going on. 3rd party apps, theme or whatever not playing nice with the new OS. I am sure after a couple days the battery life is back to about what it was before with old OS. I expect it to be a little less since you are playing with it more also but not cut in half or anything.
    06-02-09 06:23 PM
    This phone seems VERY sensitive to everything from HOW you update, to the apps and themes you have even installed, whether they are running or not. Patches has found that sometimes even your backup databases can become corrupt and mess with the phone. His suggestion IIRC was to sync your contacts via outlook and do a completely fresh install, no backup restore. Then re sync your contacts via outlook to put them back on your phone. Do you lose all your apps and messages? yes, though you can redownload your apps.

This is the only real way to ensure a FRESH install of an OS. (yes it is a pain) but i'm of the belief as well, that many many many of these "problems" are user error. Either the storm has the single highest failure rate in the history of mobile phones or there are a lot of people going

"hey, my battery didnt last as long this time...time for a return"

"hey my screen click isnt quite where it was and i dont want to adjust the screws...better return it"

kind of thing.

I can't say which is the case...for all we know it could be either or both or neither and we're all just sharing a collective hallucination and the storm doesnt even exist!
    06-02-09 07:13 PM
    yea some people say some crazy results
    06-02-09 11:18 PM
    my bat life has gone to crap. just this afternoon full charge 3pm... normal e=veryday use wich is alot but still.....630 i was at 30% and it died at 8ish shut me down i was sad i noticed yesterday it went quick and i was watching it today to make a post but yall beat me to it as usual lol. i also freeze up alot with .148 waiting for good ole crackman to hook us up
    06-02-09 11:30 PM
    I upgraded from .75 to a .114 hybrid and was furious about the battery life. Then I went to .113 and was blown away. It has stayed pretty much good from there on to .141/5.0 hybrid and to .148. I voted .148 anyways.
    06-02-09 11:39 PM
    another vote for .148 here. with every (and i do mean EVERY) hybrid and leak i have used the same routine, excessive or not -- apploader.exe, three 60-second pulls, app/memory restore via dm, couple more pulls.... have never had problems with the phone, itself, other than memory leaks (which i am not ocd about). memory usually boots in the mid 40s and never goes lower than 20 while running smooth as silk the entire time). with all of the updates i have carried over the same apps and same themes so no variables have changed between all the new os leaks/hybrids updates. my phone usage doesnt vary much day to day, so according to meterberry, .148 has been berry good to me
    Last edited by parkson; 06-03-09 at 12:41 AM.
    06-03-09 12:38 AM
    I voted for .122 because out of the options that were given that had been the best for me, however I've had remarkable battery life thus far with OneOfaKindPC's Hybrid. It's really been great.
    06-03-09 12:41 AM

Thug Life, Bay-be!
    06-03-09 12:48 AM
    I voted for .122 because out of the options that were given that had been the best for me, however I've had remarkable battery life thus far with OneOfaKindPC's Hybrid. It's really been great.
    which one?
    06-03-09 12:59 PM
    I got to be honest I can't tell a rats a$$ difference between OS battery life. You know why? The darn OS never stays on my phone longer then two weeks before I screw around and change it.

I take the "Oh you forgot this" category of "they are all the same."
    06-03-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD