I am a new BB user and have been contemplating upgrade to a newer OS. My only concern is after you upgrade to a beta OS, whenever an official upgrade is released, can you upgrade to the official directly or do you need to go back to .75? Any advice would be great. I really am looking forward to cleaning up my storm with a newer OS.
    02-24-09 12:27 PM
    As long as the Official release is a newer OS then the Leaked, you can upgrade directly. If it should be the same release as the Leaked, then it should not make any difference.

You can always wipe the phone and install any OS, regardless of what you were running prior to the Official release.

Be sure to make backups using DM on a regulasr basis, but especailly prior to any OS change.
    02-24-09 12:38 PM
    As long as the Official release is a newer OS then the Leaked, you can upgrade directly. If it should be the same release as the Leaked, then it should not make any difference.

You can always wipe the phone and install any OS, regardless of what you were running prior to the Official release.

Be sure to make backups using DM on a regulasr basis, but especailly prior to any OS change.
    I had upgraded to the Leaked .75 before it came out as the official release. There was no issue and I never had to upgrade with the "offical" version. it was the same thing. If .109 becomes the next official I expect the same thing. or if as mentioned, it's a newer version, the upgrade will be just like doing one of the leaked versions.
    02-24-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD