Ok, I did my search, looked at how to sections, but did not find my answer....

So, when I go into common files>RIM>shared>.109OS there are VZNavigator.alx, YahooMessenger.alx, WindowsLiveMessenger.alx and etc. Can I delete those? I do not use any messengers or VZ Nav. Also, in the java, there is a VZNavigator.cod file...can I delete this one too? I don't want to mess up the system, but also don't want to have stuff on the storm that I don't use. Thank you for all who will answer these for me.
    02-25-09 07:35 PM
    There isnt really a reason to delete those for the most part. just uncheck those apps in DM/APploader when you update the OS.
    02-25-09 07:35 PM
    There isnt really a reason to delete those for the most part. just uncheck those apps in DM/APploader when you update the OS.
    Sith, welcome back! Hope your little one is feeling better
    02-25-09 08:13 PM
    Its about time you woke up... lol
    02-25-09 08:15 PM
    I have them unchecked but flickr, yahoo messenger, and others still appear on my phone. Can I at least move them to a different folder?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 08:25 PM
    I have them unchecked but flickr, yahoo messenger, and others still appear on my phone. Can I at least move them to a different folder on my computer so they don't load?

02-25-09 08:26 PM
    Even CrackMem doesn't seem to delete them.
    02-25-09 08:29 PM
    I have not used crackmem but it was easy to delete the sample pictures from java and then I noticed the alx. So decided to ask cause I know they take up memory.

02-25-09 08:35 PM
    Those are most likely service books pushed to the device not applications. You can hide them but even if you delete the service books you will have them sent back by your provider. Check options > advanced options > applications and check there.
    02-25-09 08:35 PM
    The don't show up under advanced options, but are still on the main page. I will try, if it messes my phone up, I can always reload the .109 from scratch...
    02-25-09 10:13 PM
    Can you do me a HUUUGEE Favor and look for the BBM ALX file? i made a thread about that before but no one responded. PLEASE!
    02-25-09 10:19 PM
    What do you mean by BBM alx. Do you not have it, or what is your situation?

If you are talking about just the default BBM, it can be added by using DM, application loader, add remove applications, and select the BBM.
    02-25-09 10:41 PM
    I deleted it off my phone and i am on a mac.

i just need the alx and cod files
    02-25-09 10:42 PM
    Do you have your OS on the computer? It just seems so much easier if you could do it on someones Windows computer. The cod for the bbm is in the java folder:
    net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger.cod
    That is the only thing I saw. No alx though.
    02-25-09 10:50 PM
    Do you have your OS on the computer? It just seems so much easier if you could do it on someones Windows computer. The cod for the bbm is in the java folder:
    net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger.cod
    That is the only thing I saw. No alx though.
    nah i dont have access to a PC because i go to a college that is run on macs and everyone has one.

is there an alx file for the OS core apps?
    02-25-09 10:53 PM
    I did not see it where other messengers are. Where else would I look?
    02-25-09 11:00 PM
    I really dont know. is there anything else with the word messenger or messaging in the name?
    02-25-09 11:06 PM
    No, just yahoo messenger and windows live messenger. No others.
    02-25-09 11:08 PM
    could you send me the cod file?
    02-25-09 11:12 PM
    Ok, I did my search, looked at how to sections, but did not find my answer....

So, when I go into common files>RIM>shared>.109OS there are VZNavigator.alx, YahooMessenger.alx, WindowsLiveMessenger.alx and etc. Can I delete those? I do not use any messengers or VZ Nav. Also, in the java, there is a VZNavigator.cod file...can I delete this one too? I don't want to mess up the system, but also don't want to have stuff on the storm that I don't use. Thank you for all who will answer these for me.
    I just did this. I found the thread about deleting the sample pictures. While I was in there I deleted every flickr and facebook Then I deleted the corresponding .alx files too. When I loaded the OS, both were gone and I had more free app memory

For the other files, I just left them there and unchecked them in DM.
    Last edited by AUTO X; 02-26-09 at 02:10 AM.
    02-25-09 11:33 PM
    Ok, I can try to send you the cod file but I don't know how. If you tell me how, I can attempt.

Also, auto, did you delete just the cod files for the messengers or the other ones that had the words messenger in them too?

02-25-09 11:45 PM
    just upload it to yousendit.com or something and pm me the link
    02-25-09 11:48 PM
    02-26-09 12:18 AM
    Thanks A Lot!
    02-26-09 12:21 AM
    Hey not a problem. I learned something new too.
    02-26-09 12:27 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD