I know that this has probably been addressed a hundred times on the forum, I just can't seem to find any threads about it.

Will OS 6.0 be available for the Storm2, and if yes, when? Thanks for anyone who responds....I appreciate it.
    12-01-10 10:12 AM
    Unfortunately, no.
    12-01-10 10:14 AM
    12-01-10 10:19 AM
    I think google is still your best bet when looking up such queries. Something about Forum searches still giving me a bad taste in my mouth.
    12-01-10 10:19 AM
    I think google is still your best bet when looking up such queries. Something about Forum searches still giving me a bad taste in my mouth.
    try Listerine.
    mrismail likes this.
    12-01-10 11:29 AM
    try Listerine.

try posting something USEFUL!
    12-01-10 11:35 AM
    try Listerine.
    It still has aftertaste, and isn't good for ya. I prefer the local Therabreath here in L.A. County.
    12-01-10 11:40 AM

try posting something USEFUL!
    that is impossible when you are older than the dinosaurs
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    12-01-10 12:00 PM
    It still has aftertaste, and isn't good for ya. I prefer the local Therabreath here in L.A. County.
    Southern Comfort will clean your breath too.
    12-01-10 12:45 PM
    that is impossible when you are older than the dinosaurs
    Or a gigantic buffoon, I guess.
    12-01-10 12:51 PM
    Try Orbitz gum to clean that dirty mouth.
    anon(728548) likes this.
    12-01-10 12:52 PM
    Busy week for this question...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 01:19 PM
    lmao.... nice posts everyone.
    but being that os6 leaked for the 9700 and that phone was slated not to recieve the update. why cant someone leak the 9550 version of the os. im sure there WILL be some bugs, but it would be cool just to play with the new os. i loaded it onto my friends 9700 and its like a new phone. everything just works better, or maybe its just that its a new os and its just fun to play with different ****. oh well. heres to hoping that we'll see and os6 leak for the storm 9550..... i've seen talks of porting a 9800 os to work with the storm, but its all BS.
    12-01-10 01:20 PM
    but being that os6 leaked for the 9700 and that phone was slated not to recieve the update. why cant someone leak the 9550 version of the os. im sure there WILL be some bugs, but it would be cool just to play with the new os. i loaded it onto my friends 9700 and its like a new phone. everything just works better, or maybe its just that its a new os and its just fun to play with different ****. oh well. heres to hoping that we'll see and os6 leak for the storm 9550..... i've seen talks of porting a 9800 os to work with the storm, but its all BS.
    Who told you that the 9700 was never suppose to be supported? The first images and videos we seen of BlackBerry 6 were on the 9700. Here's the blog post from a while back with the official statement from RIM of the devices that would receive it.

http://m.crackberry.com/press-release-research-motion-unleashes-blackberry-6

Last edited by ridesno159; 12-01-10 at 01:44 PM.
    12-01-10 01:32 PM
    I'm so over OS6 and I don't even own a phone with it. Bring on QNX and 4" screen, tethering, 4G. OS6 is already a "has been" in my mind. It doesn't seem like much of an upgrade, IMO. I've used it--I just don't own it.
    12-01-10 01:37 PM
    but being that os6 leaked for the 9700 and that phone was slated not to recieve the update...
    What do you mean 9700 "was slated not to receive the update"?

Aug 3, 2010

"BlackBerry 6 will debut on the new BlackBerry� Torch™ smartphone (announced today) available from AT&T on August 12 and it is also designed to run on select BlackBerry smartphones already in market. Subject to carrier certifications in the months ahead, the new OS is expected to be available for the BlackBerry� Bold™ 9700, BlackBerry� Bold™ 9650 and BlackBerry� Pearl™ 3G, as well as future BlackBerry smartphones."

I'm so over OS6 and I don't even own a phone with it. Bring on QNX and 4" screen, tethering, 4G. OS6 is already a "has been" in my mind. It doesn't seem like much of an upgrade, IMO. I've used it--I just don't own it.
    Lol, sour grapes no doubt.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-01-10 at 02:02 PM.
    DarwinMejia likes this.
    12-01-10 01:40 PM
    the new OS is expected

I am not saying yeah or neah, but always be cautious about 'weasel words' like 'expected', 'should' and 'probably' - they are not definitive in any way.
    12-01-10 03:12 PM
    I am not saying yeah or neah, but always be cautious about 'weasel words' like 'expected', 'should' and 'probably' - they are not definitive in any way.
    Well he said "slated", meaning "To put on a list of candidates". RIM said 9700 is a candidate, subject to carrier approval. RIM wrote it for 9700, but it's up to the carrier's to release it, which RIM expects will happen.
    12-01-10 03:28 PM
    I have to agree that it is a bit hard to understand that the 9550 which isnt very old (1 year?) wasnt engineered to be OS6 ready. Seems like the folks around the table mustve had a real hangover when they re-engineered the Storm 2. I was a Storm owner and quickly adopted the Storm 2 only to find out less than year later that it can't handle OS6.
    Last edited by jmftt; 12-01-10 at 03:53 PM.
    12-01-10 03:46 PM
    I have to agree that it is a bit hard to understand that the 9550 which isnt very old (1 year?) wasnt engineered to be OS6 ready. Seems like the folks around the table mustve had a real hangover when they re-engineered the Storm 2. I was a Storm owner and quickly adopted the Storm 2 only to find out less than year later that it can handle OS6.
    I think you meant "can't handle".
    12-01-10 03:50 PM
    I think you meant "can't handle".
    That is correct Dave 1812!
    12-01-10 03:53 PM
    I'm glad I didn't buy a Storm2 when they first came out because of hearing that it couldn't handle OS6. I only have one because Verizon gave it to me to replace a faulty Storm1.

12-01-10 03:53 PM
    Hey, I have no problem with waiting to see what a BB QNX device (phone) will be like. +1, Dave. OS6 is not the white horse!
    12-02-10 12:26 AM
    I would like to see an OS6 leak for the 9550. We know that builds out there exist already, its just a matter of people leaking the file. I'm frankly pissed off that the Storm2 has been so over looked by just about everyone, including the people in CrackBerry.

12-02-10 01:04 AM
    I would like to see an OS6 leak for the 9550. We know that builds out there exist already, its just a matter of people leaking the file. I'm frankly pissed off that the Storm2 has been so over looked by just about everyone, including the people in CrackBerry.

Builds were out there, but from what I understand, development for BB6 on the Storm2 ceased back in September or so, meaning that there will be no new builds available. And it won't leak as the people who got their hands on it initially were likely a select few, so RIM (or the carriers) would easily be able to find out who leaked it and guaranteed that person would be fired.

And don't be pissed off. The OS is simply too big for the S2 thanks to the touch/click screen component. Better solution is just to learn to accept it and be done with it.
    lssanjose likes this.
    12-02-10 01:39 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD