What's this about cars?
    Swooooooooosh! Over my head!

Frick guys, I live in South Africa... We're lucky to have the wheel.
    My Storm does, and alwayz will, kick arse!
    I've gone Black, and I'm not going back.
    I dont know why but I started laughing my as* off when I read that
    04-24-10 06:25 PM
    Not seeing OS 6 on S1. Though it would be nice to upgrade OS 5 (hey, anyone at VZW reading this?).

I hear a lot of complaints regarding S1. I agree, but I don't let that animosity turn me away from BB or future Storm models. I like BBs. Most of my inner circle are BB users Sprint/AT&T/VZW (though a few are playing with Apple sauce).

I also see people commenting that they will jump ship as soon as they're NE2 eligible or their contract is up. I would encourage people to think about going out of contract and waiting. Nothing makes your carrier more nervous than an out of contract subscriber. And at the rate new technology is changing (WiMax/LTE), there are bound to be better options coming.

You should expect several product launches leading up to the Christmas season. So if you're like me and eligible for NE2 this July/August, it may be worth it to wait . . . a few months at least.
    04-24-10 07:00 PM
    So with big Mike's Q&A session saying that lots of current devices will be getting OS 6.0 (the 8520 is hinted at getting it), I wonder if 6.0 is coming to the 9530. The 8520 only has 64MB more app memory than the 9530 (according to gsmarena.com).

I wonder if the more "flashy" memory hogging features (assuming 6.0 has any) could be cut out of 6.0 in order to make a "lite" 6.0 that would work on older (but current) devices, such as the 9500/9530, 9000, and 8900.
    04-26-10 04:15 PM
    I have to assume that the webkit rendering engine, new browser code, and I am assuming the proxy server technology they have hinted at increase the footprint to the point that it would leave so little free space that it won't make sense on an s1. Unless they reduced the overall size to accommodate for that, or as you suggest can strip it down.

Personally I don't think I trust them stripping anything down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 04:32 PM
    04-27-10 06:23 AM
    Well that sux (although expected)

04-27-10 06:29 AM
    As expected. But I have to say I hate when people get this wrong...9530 had the first official OS5,.328 followed shortly by the 9550 at .324. The 9700 was not the first device with. 5.

04-27-10 06:51 AM
    As expected. But I have to say I hate when people get this wrong...9530 had the first official OS5,.328 followed shortly by the 9550 at .324. The 9700 was not the first device with. 5.

you mean 320
    04-27-10 11:10 AM
    Damn. Well at least my contract is up in December. Hopefully the Storm3 (assuming it'll be out by then) will be a hit.
    04-27-10 12:40 PM
    Damn. Well at least my contract is up in December. Hopefully the Storm3 (assuming it'll be out by then) will be a hit.
    I am due in October. Be glad your not up now and trying to figure out if you should jump to the incredible, wait for iPhone, or hold out even longer for S3. By 4th quarter we should know how good OS6 is and have a good idea about S3 if not have it in market. Also iPhone should drop on VZW by end of the summer. Decisions...

This OS6 teaser and the early reports of its stability and speed are making really want the S3. It just comes down to the device itself and what we see in bugs and perf from OS6.

04-28-10 06:54 AM
    you mean 320
    LOL yeah I guess....

04-28-10 06:55 AM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD