m.bbleaks.com/9325/show/455c3ce766b5cc16cc01458a5cd4445f/

RIM just might have saved a boatload of customers. Good move!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-27-10 06:18 AM
    I want to love my storm2, but it doesn't love me back. My screen goes nuts if my fingers are not completely dry. I wish they would have just a normal touchscreen like all other touchscreen phones. The click screen does feel cool, but it just doesn't work for me. I'm returning it for the new bold if it gets released before the 17th of may (last day of my 30 day period) or the incredible.
    04-27-10 06:29 AM
    I think this looks like the best piece of info we have got so far!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 06:45 AM
    That's great news... Although I will have to say, I will still upgrade to the S3 when it comes out...
    04-27-10 07:07 AM
    Thank God! This info is enough for me to keep my 9550. I had serious thoughts of jumping ship if this was not happening. Let's hope it runs ok seeing as we only have 256mb
    to work with.

04-27-10 07:17 AM
    Not shocked. The fact that we all knew the 9700 (256mb) was getting it as the browser was demoed on it, combined with the fact that only touchscreen + trackpad devices were getting it, kind of pointed to it being the Bold2 and the Storm2 to get 6.0 of the current-gen devices.

I seriously doubt 256 is really going to hinder it, though. 5.0 didn't hinder 128mb unless you had a lot of apps.
    04-27-10 07:24 AM
    Let's hope it runs ok seeing as we only have 256mb
    to work with.
    Which has been discussed many times and will be just fine.

04-27-10 07:32 AM
    I want to love my storm2, but it doesn't love me back. My screen goes nuts if my fingers are not completely dry. I wish they would have just a normal touchscreen like all other touchscreen phones. The click screen does feel cool, but it just doesn't work for me. I'm returning it for the new bold if it gets released before the 17th of may (last day of my 30 day period) or the incredible.

Thanks for posting something that had nothing to do with the topic and contributing absolutely zero. Good job.

04-27-10 07:58 AM
    How long before Verizon releases a messed up version? Q4 2011?
    04-27-10 08:16 AM
    That sounds good, but still has the tone of "I heard from a very reliable source...a friend of a friend of a friend that knows my sister in laws cousin who talks to the janitor at RIM."

I'm hopeful, but all of these threads are just dreams...not real, sometimes ending in a nightmarish sweat, other times with a happy ending.
    04-27-10 08:22 AM
    Grey..it's already been leaked that the 9550/9520 is getting 6.0, along with the 9700. Not sure if you saw it or not, (seriously not trying to be an *** about it) it's on bbleaks.com or something?
    04-27-10 09:24 AM
    That's great news... Although I will have to say, I will still upgrade to the S3 when it comes out...
    you will be waiting a while.

At WES 2010 they announced things to come for the next quarter. This didn't include any S3 announcements. You could make the case then that it would be in the fall at the earliest that you may see it.

Technically, they have not even formally announced it exists even in the drawing board. It has been all heresay, rumors, "my uncle's cousin's brother last roommate was told by a one legged portugese fisherman....." stories.

04-27-10 10:23 AM
    EDIT: Next quarter for those wondering starts July 1, 2010 through September 31, 2010...so the wait won't be too long.

sorry Wanderer...I knew that didn't seem right when I was typing it. I was mistakenly looking at Q3 not Q4...but still not very long.
    Last edited by speters150; 04-27-10 at 11:35 AM.
    04-27-10 11:21 AM
    Next quarter for those wondering starts April 1, 2010 (Saturday) through June 30, 2010...so the wait won't be too long.

isn't today April 27??
    04-27-10 11:28 AM
    For those who cant figure it out the yearly quarters run like this
    1st - Jan - Mar
    2nd - Apr - Jun
    3rd - Jul - Sept
    4th - Oct - Dec

More than likely were looking at a July carrier release for BB6 and probably get a 4th quarter public release. Unless RIM really has their stuff together in which case we could see a 3rd quarter release. Only time will tell though, people. Either way, the wait shouldn't be too unbearable.
    04-27-10 11:45 AM
    i hope that they decide to announce the storm3 at the end of wes
    04-27-10 11:48 AM
    Storm1 and Storm2 were both released in the fall. It would only make sense that RIM stick to the same cycle and release Storm3 later in the year.
    04-27-10 01:50 PM
    Storm1 and Storm2 were both released in the fall. It would only make sense that RIM stick to the same cycle and release Storm3 later in the year.
    You are correct. That would hold true for Storm 3, but not the Storm Slider... 9800.
    04-27-10 02:22 PM
    I hope Storm 3 has a normal capacitive screen like the iPhone. I have kind of grown tired of the clicking. And PLEASE, don't tell me to go buy a ******* iPhone. I am excited about blackberry 6 OS, but I can just do without the clicking. Believe it or not, there ARE other reasons to own a Storm 2, than just wanting a clicking touch screen.
    04-27-10 02:35 PM
    Apparently you will be waiting a long time for the s3.

04-27-10 02:52 PM
    So what would upgrading mean to our apps? Will they be compatible? I'm still waiting for iheartradio to work again after 607...

Also, do you guys think that this will have any impact on the number of apps available? Maybe I should start a new thread....
    04-27-10 03:20 PM
    It would be up to the app developers individually to update their software for 6.0 well as far as third party apps go but either way developers will have to update for 6.0 eventully so I wouldn't worry it will be just like the 5.0 update

04-27-10 04:19 PM
    I for one like Surepress. I think it a big plus for RIM.
    But it would be nice if the Storm3 had the option of turning Surepress off for those who just want a "normal capacitave screen". That would make everybody happy. (wait this is crackberry, everybody will never be happy )

I hope Storm 3 has a normal capacitive screen like the iPhone. I have kind of grown tired of the clicking. And PLEASE, don't tell me to go buy a ******* iPhone. I am excited about blackberry 6 OS, but I can just do without the clicking. Believe it or not, there ARE other reasons to own a Storm 2, than just wanting a clicking touch screen.
    04-27-10 07:18 PM
    Whatever. Another source listing devices to get 6.0 and the 9630 is again absent from the list. Looks like we Tour owners get to spend the next 1.5 years on 5.0 with no webkit.

04-27-10 07:35 PM
    I for one like Surepress. I think it a big plus for RIM.
    But it would be nice if the Storm3 had the option of turning Surepress off for those who just want a "normal capacitave screen". That would make everybody happy. (wait this is crackberry, everybody will never be happy )
    As much as I love surepress, I don't understand why it can't just be turned off from an option (for those that don't want it.) Can this be accomplished in software, or is there a hardware limitation?
    04-27-10 09:21 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD