BlackBerry Storm 3: First Inside Look - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

Finally some news ANY news on Widgets and a new UI! Even if its just Rumor stuff like this has a chance of coming to pass. It doesnt say anything about S2 compatibility, so I am now waiting for this to LEAK. Plus a web browser plug!
    12-23-09 08:58 PM
    Interesting. Thanks for posting!
    12-23-09 09:06 PM
    Interesting stuff there. Surprised to read that they are not planning on combining the two into a Storm that has a slide out keyboard and the standard on-screen keyboard features. I personally would not like a slide out keyboard. I'll just take the next generation of the Storm.
    12-23-09 09:07 PM
    I don't think I'll ever go back to a phone with a physical keyboard. I love the size of the touch screen and how responsive it is. Not to mention that I'm lights out fast with the SureType keyboard.
    12-23-09 09:12 PM
    Yeah me too I definitely love this phone and if the new screen is even better, its safe to say I will be getting the S3. I just hope it comes with the new browser
    12-23-09 09:20 PM
    The tabbed browser would be nice, 19 second boot time?! I don't know about that!

I'm on the Storm progression, Storm on release date - Storm2 a couple days after release date due to failed attempts at getting an early upgrade - Storm3 yes please.
    12-23-09 09:25 PM
    19 minute boot time?! I don't know about that!
    Fixed- this is more like it-
    12-23-09 09:29 PM
    Fixed- this is more like it-
    Haha, no doubt! I had to read it a couple times to catch the change.
    12-23-09 09:32 PM
    A 19 second boot time would be about time. WinMo, Android, WebOS, etc. all load faster than Berries by a ton.

Can't believe when I first got my HTC Mogul I thought that boot time was long. Berries destroy that.
    12-23-09 09:38 PM
    This is awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 09:40 PM
    S3 Powered by SnapDragon?
    12-23-09 09:41 PM
    it says it will have way better battery life and it will have a slide out keyboard and be the thickness of the iphone, thats like impossible for one you need room for a battery and than ya need room for the slide out keyboard if it has a better battery and slide out keyboard i cant see it being the same thickness as the iphone, and for one i reall dont believe a word it says anyways the storm 2 just came out so if they are working on a new storm i dont think there will be any major leaks this soon so dont get all wet in your pants lol

i saw a rumor also on the net that the storm 3 will not be slide keyboard there RIM is working on a new touch screen with a slide out board so the storm can stay touch screen only
    12-23-09 09:59 PM
    it says it will have way better battery life and it will have a slide out keyboard and be the thickness of the iphone, thats like impossible for one you need room for a battery and than ya need room for the slide out keyboard if it has a better battery and slide out keyboard i cant see it being the same thickness as the iphone, and for one i reall dont believe a word it says anyways the storm 2 just came out so if they are working on a new storm i dont think there will be any major leaks this soon so dont get all wet in your pants lol

i saw a rumor also on the net that the storm 3 will not be slide keyboard there RIM is working on a new touch screen with a slide out board so the storm can stay touch screen only
    It says they are working on a model with the keyboard, and one without. I am assuming the model without the keyboard is the one that has the thickness of an iphone.
    12-23-09 10:02 PM
    It says they are working on a model with the keyboard, and one without. I am assuming the model without the keyboard is the one that has the thickness of an iphone.
    Dead on, two seperate models.
    12-23-09 10:04 PM
    idk but the Droid is almost there with the iphone for thickness -

and hais a slider keyboard-
    12-23-09 10:05 PM
    well it was a year after 9530 befor the 9550 was released so id say storm 3 is another year away yet with all the testing and **** so i would not get to hyped up about it. if it has a slide out keyboard i wont buy it. they should make a hole new device based on touch/slide out keyboard
    12-23-09 10:08 PM
    well it was a year after 9530 befor the 9550 was released so id say storm 3 is another year away yet with all the testing and **** so i would not get to hyped up about it. if it has a slide out keyboard i wont buy it. they should make a hole new device based on touch/slide out keyboard
    The Storm2 has already been out for over 2 months and they didn't even wait a full year to release it after the original Storm. There is no reason not to think that the next generation Storm will not be released next fall.
    12-23-09 10:12 PM
    I'm a fan of the slide feature.....whatever comes im getting believe that!!
    12-23-09 10:14 PM
    The Storm2 has already been out for over 2 months and they didn't even wait a full year to release it after the original Storm. There is no reason not to think that the next generation Storm will not be released next fall.
    ya i can see next fall in time for christmas but some people talk as if its coming soon lol next fall is a long time when your waiting for something lol. im very happy with my storm 2 for now maby in 5 or 6 months ill start wanting the storm 3 lol, i like to get a new phone every year
    12-23-09 10:16 PM
    Yes agreed next fall is fine. And I also don't want the slideout keyboard. Well if they want to make a slideout also, then that's fine, but just call it something else.
    12-23-09 10:48 PM
    This is it. This will be the phone to get!
    One thing though, I will absolutely HATE it if this phone comes out with a slider. That should be some other line. I love where the Storm series is going.
    Better screen, better color, thinner, 19 second boot time? I'll take it!
    12-23-09 11:05 PM
    "We're told that the keyboard-less Storm 3 has a 90% chance of making the final release over the Storm 3 slider."

So looks like no keyboard atm.

I can't believe that this OS can't be made for the S2. It has the power and now has OpenGL to handle the graphics.

Looks like they scraped the current UI format and released the Theme Builder buggy as it was because they began work on this new UI that will incorporate widgets.

This is the part that Bothers me "•Current early beta OS is 5.1.100.13. We are told there will be widgets (similar to the SenseUI). We do not know if widgets will be a Storm 3 exclusive feature or if they will become available on all 5.1.xxx.xx OS' for other devices."

Will the S2 ever see a 5.1 OS? Or an OS that incorporates Widgets?

Kinda like the S1 got left in the Dust with OpenGL. I really don't want to get an S3 as my S2 is very very nice, would just like some UI changes that Look very promising with this 5.1 OS.
    Last edited by Kundigt; 12-23-09 at 11:16 PM.
    12-23-09 11:14 PM
    I will be getting this for sure if its not a slider.

And if it is, well, I would have a lot of thinking to do on whether or not to get it.
    12-23-09 11:15 PM
    I will be getting this for sure if its not a slider.

And if it is, well, I would have a lot of thinking to do on whether or not to get it.
    I wouldn't have to do ANY thinking. A slider would be an epic fail imo. It would defeat the point of SurePress.
    12-23-09 11:24 PM
    I like the improvements they are making, but no slider Please!
    BTW...Nice Post
    12-23-09 11:25 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD