Sorry, I know this info is in the forums, scattered here and there but thought, maybe we can try to have nothing but tips, tricks, and fixes only for 5.0 OS's. Not sure if all fixes will work for 5.0.0.154, I will update any info for both as I find it.

If you know any, please post here.

Original leak and discussion forum for 5.0.0.140
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/le...-140-a-274250/

Downloads and discussion forum for 5.0.0.154
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...-fixes-301970/

Camera Fix
    Camera, BB button, change picture size to medium. You can also use large without Zoom.

Alarm Clock Fix
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/5-...le-fix-287576/

Themes
    No theme works properly for 5.0 OS's. If your having problems, try deleting any themes.

Alert Sounds
    Most problems with alert sounds seem to be theme related. Delete your theme, reboot, and your sounds and alerts should function properly.

New Email Options
    Email>Options>General Options>scroll down to "Actions" section
    1. BIS email allows for flagging of emails with an alarm
    2. You can set an option to not have the Storm automatically open email just received when you pull it out of the holster

Quick Launch Fix
    Options icon>applications>highlight email setup app>bbmenu button>edit default permissions>set all to allow

To Get Google Maps Working
    Restore the app using BBSAK (OTA will not work)
    Download Google Maps COD files RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Download Google Sync COD files GSync515-47.zip - FileFactory
    Link to step by step instructions
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/th...ew-fix-276737/

QuickPull Fix
    So far, version 1.2 is the only one working
    Download from desktop QuickPull - Download BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Download OTA http://www.mobireach.com/upload/989/22989/QuickPull.jad
    Although this works for a manual reset, scheduled resets seem to just freeze up QuickPull and do nothing.

Random Reboots
    Seems to be more common if changing the phone from landscape to portrait view while keyboard is showing.

Workaround for Social Apps (myspace, facebook, etc.)
    SocialScope - A Mobile Inbox for your Social Networks

Instant Messengers Workaround
    http://get.instango.com/]instango - Download

Blackberry Messenger (must run 5.0, not the one for Storm)
    BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs
    BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 Desktop & OTA Download Links | PocketBerry
    At this point, BBM doesn't work for 5.0.0.154 at all

Browser Fix for Telus
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/fi...ml#post3276494

Email Tip
    When changing anything with your email set up, or adding new emails, whatever, it'll give you an error. Just close it out and when you reopen it, it will have done what you wanted anyway.

Today Screen
    From home screen, hit BB button, Options, Home Screen Layout, select Today

Tabbed Browser
    While using the browser, click BB button, select tabs, this will show your open tabs and allow you to switch between them.
    For a new tab, hit BB button, select new tab.
    To close only one tab, hit BB button, select tabs, highlight tab you wish to close, BB button, close tab.
    No tabbed browser in 5.0.0.154

New Home Screen Options
    1. Clock - hit clock on home screen, this will show you the clock, hit BB button to access normal clock options.
    2. Manage Connections - hit signal meter bar to access manage connections.

Media
    All media now has their own folders inside the media folder.

Key Ghosting
    This makes a "ghost" image of the key you are hitting show up in a different spot on the screen depending on the setting you choose.
    Options, Screen/Keyboard, scroll all the way down.
    There are a few different setting for this.

Stuck Message Icon From Missed Call
    Go to options, phone options, call logging, and select none.
    You will have the little phone icon show up when you miss a call only. The phone icon goes away as soon as the missed call is checked and you will no longer receive a message in your message box about a missed call that gets the icon stuck forever.
    Last edited by WICKEDNATE; 08-30-09 at 10:33 AM.
    08-21-09 02:14 AM
    08-21-09 02:58 AM
    • themes dont work
    • Facebook, Yahoo, MSN, myspace, etc dont work
    • reset apps dont work normally (quicklaunch does for some)
    Last edited by howarmat; 08-21-09 at 03:53 PM.
    08-21-09 07:28 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Options icon>applications>highlight email setup app>bbmenu button>edit default permissions>set all to allow.

Bingo...QL reset works!!!!

EDIT: works for Quickpull, Softreset, BBMem also. Did not fix MeterBerry, though.
    08-21-09 10:33 AM
    I know google maps works but if you try to download it on 5.0 google directs you to the trackball version....does anyone have a direct link to it and other useful apps that maybe do the same thing( work but have difficulty downloading ota)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 11:28 AM
    In 5.0.0.140, there are two new options.

1. BIS email allows for flagging of emails with an alarm.

2. You can set an option to not have the Storm automatically open email just received when you pull it out of the holster.

Email>Options>General Options>scroll down to "Actions" section.
    08-21-09 11:42 AM
    Quickpull v1.2 works. I wasn't able to get v2.x working but it appears that some may have.

I cannot get MeterBerry to reset either.

As for the Google Maps, I restored the app using BBSAK this time and I have the correct version with the zoom on screen. Installing it via OTA does not work right as noted above.

Crackberry App Store not working... I swear it did the first time
    08-21-09 01:30 PM
    I know google maps works but if you try to download it on 5.0 google directs you to the trackball version....does anyone have a direct link to it and other useful apps that maybe do the same thing( work but have difficulty downloading ota)

Go to m.google.com, if you haven't already. When I did the 5.0 install, I simply backed everything up and reloaded the old fashioned way. It works fine for me with 5.0.
    08-21-09 01:35 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Options icon>applications>highlight email setup app>bbmenu button>edit default permissions>set all to allow.

EDIT: works for Quickpull, Softreset, BBMem also. Did not fix MeterBerry, though.
    it works for me and my options are not all set to allow....so i dont think that is it.
    08-21-09 02:15 PM
    Anyone know how to fix the camera/picture bug?
    08-21-09 02:41 PM
    I will keep my eye on this thread and IF it gets real useful I will promote it to How To & FAQs sub forum. A GREAT help would be in the OP puts the best tips and links in the first post.
    08-21-09 02:44 PM
    Honestly if you dont use any of the default RIM social apps i would at least give it a try. There are a couple bugs but most have easy fixes. Its has some nice new features and some quirks too but i think many never gave it a real shot an they just choose to badmouth it instead. I know some did have very bad experiences but that happens with every OS

If anyone had specific problems tell me and i will find you the solution if there is one.
    Last edited by howarmat; 08-21-09 at 02:51 PM.
    08-21-09 02:49 PM
    Anyone know how to fix the camera/picture bug?
    Dont use 'large' as the picture size and the camera works perfectly. faster than ever IMO.
    08-21-09 02:50 PM
    Dont use 'large' as the picture size and the camera works perfectly. faster than ever IMO.
    LOL. I just found the answer in the other thread and you were the one who gave it there too.
    08-21-09 02:52 PM
    • themes do work
    • Facebook, Yahoo, MSN, myspace, etc dont work
    I was under the impression themes werent working with this one..something about email/message notifications. If thats wrong, do you know which themes work with this OS?
    08-21-09 03:44 PM
    I was under the impression themes werent working with this one..something about email/message notifications. If thats wrong, do you know which themes work with this OS?
    FML...i was in a hurry this morning before golf and screw the pooch on that....its fixed now in the post
    08-21-09 03:54 PM
    Worst.

OS.

Evar.
    08-21-09 06:32 PM
    Worst.

OS.

Evar.
    How about "Worst Speller Ever", suppose you know everything too..

Anyway, back on subject, what I found with Quickpull is when the "reboot now or later" screen pops up, was to quickly select now and it would reboot fine, if I waited then it would freeze and then batt pull. Wasn't sure if anything has changed since then, this was when it first was posted and I tried then. Currently running .151, but thinking of changing back to 5.0, loved the speed and with all the posted fixes it would probably be fine now.
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 08-21-09 at 07:20 PM.
    08-21-09 07:17 PM
    Quickpull v1.2 works. I wasn't able to get v2.x working but it appears that some may have.

I cannot get MeterBerry to reset either.

As for the Google Maps, I restored the app using BBSAK this time and I have the correct version with the zoom on screen. Installing it via OTA does not work right as noted above.

Crackberry App Store not working... I swear it did the first time
    Agree, used BBSAK [Install COD] to install Google Maps cods!
    08-22-09 12:07 AM
    FML...i was in a hurry this morning before golf and screw the pooch on that....its fixed now in the post
    Mat, are you sure? I ran BB Droid theme for a couple of hours yesterday on a 5.0 based on your post and it was giving me a perfect notification with no ghost messages. Just for kicks rebooted the OS 3-4 times.

Removed it as there was a slight lag and could not explore SD card as the option to get into media and explore was missing.
    08-22-09 12:12 AM
    Mat, are you sure? I ran BB Droid theme for a couple of hours yesterday on a 5.0 based on your post and it was giving me a perfect notification with no ghost messages. Just for kicks rebooted the OS 3-4 times.

Removed it as there was a slight lag and could not explore SD card as the option to get into media and explore was missing.
    i assure you its broken
    08-22-09 12:56 AM
    Honestly if you dont use any of the default RIM social apps i would at least give it a try. There are a couple bugs but most have easy fixes. Its has some nice new features and some quirks too but i think many never gave it a real shot an they just choose to badmouth it instead. I know some did have very bad experiences but that happens with every OS

If anyone had specific problems tell me and i will find you the solution if there is one.
    Gotta agree with everything he said. Both him and me have been using this since the first couple days it came out, and I still love the thing to death. Ok yes I'm a little biased because I found the thing in the first place but still it's leaps and bounds ahead of where our OS was just months ago. I think a lot of people read too much into the negative posts. These operating systems act differently for each different phone. At least give it a shot for more than 4 hours before you start bashing it. I agree it's not perfect, but have any of the others been even close to this one as far as speed/transitions/lag so far? No. Do you think we will ever see a java OS with 0 bugs? No it's just not gonna happen. Give it a try for a week and I promise you'll be hooked. Don't believe me? After 3 days on 5.0, go back to .148 or even .151 and see if you don't miss the speed. Like howarmat said if you have a problem tell us and we'll try to find you a solution.
    08-22-09 06:37 AM
    Gotta agree with everything he said. Both him and me have been using this since the first couple days it came out, and I still love the thing to death. Ok yes I'm a little biased because I found the thing in the first place but still it's leaps and bounds ahead of where our OS was just months ago. I think a lot of people read too much into the negative posts. These operating systems act differently for each different phone. At least give it a shot for more than 4 hours before you start bashing it. I agree it's not perfect, but have any of the others been even close to this one as far as speed/transitions/lag so far? No. Do you think we will ever see a java OS with 0 bugs? No it's just not gonna happen. Give it a try for a week and I promise you'll be hooked. Don't believe me? After 3 days on 5.0, go back to .148 or even .151 and see if you don't miss the speed. Like howarmat said if you have a problem tell us and we'll try to find you a solution.
    Agree, went back to 5.0 from 4.7.0.167 [official] cause of the speed and feel.
    08-22-09 07:47 AM

Just tried this and it worked great, thanks. Hadn't seen this solution anywhere before.
    BTW: it's stuff like this that makes this site so bada$$!
    08-22-09 08:18 AM
    Been rocking 5 since day 1. Went back to .151 for an hour to download non working apps, have few bugs biggest one being sometimes when I close the media player it reboots! But other than that no problems and all my apps work.

Anyway a "when it happens" camera fix is (assuming your bug is the wavy lines after you take a picture) to close your camera and power down by holding down the end button.

08-22-09 09:09 AM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD