as for me and my "house", we are staying with 320. works well enough until an official, stable released is reported upon by early adopters to be worth switching to. I'm not a phone "hobbyist" which I understand is a heretical statement to make on CB, but that's the way it is. Despite the time I spend here, I've no desire to load up the OS du jour. I smile to myself as I read all of the various complaints about leaked OS's. Despite all the urging from members here for me to "get with the program", and install leaks, I'm abstaining. If you all want to hate me for that, not to worry--I'll still sleep at night.
    I've actually tried a few of the leaks/hybrids, and have gone back to .320. For me, the cons don't outweigh the pros with this version, as it has provided me with the most stable (read: VERY rare battery pulls) and the longest battery life out of any other OS I've tried. Different folks have different needs/wants, run different apps, and so on, so I do understand that not everyone's experience on one OS will be the same, but I agree that I'm not going upgrade "just for the sake of upgrading". If Verizon does move to a new *official* OS, I may give it a go, but not until I've checked out the findings posted on here. I've been happy with .320, and I'm simply not in a rush to move on.

I will say this, as a Blackberry owner for quite some time, this may be the first time I remember NOT being excited about an OS upgrade, since I just don't really see any landmark changes in any of the leaks so far.
    04-05-10 08:46 AM
    I spoke with VZW Tech support on Saturday and he confirmed the new OS is coming today. However, he also told me that VZW only sends the update out to 10K people at a time. So it might take several weeks for everyone to get it.
    04-05-10 08:50 AM
    as for me and my "house", we are staying with 320. works well enough until an official, stable released is reported upon by early adopters to be worth switching to. I'm not a phone "hobbyist" which I understand is a heretical statement to make on CB, but that's the way it is. Despite the time I spend here, I've no desire to load up the OS du jour. I smile to myself as I read all of the various complaints about leaked OS's. Despite all the urging from members here for me to "get with the program", and install leaks, I'm abstaining. If you all want to hate me for that, not to worry--I'll still sleep at night.
    Not THE most stupid thing I've heard on these boards, but it jumps right up there. OFFICIAL DOES NOT EQUAL STABLE. LEAK DOES NOT EQUAL WORSE. If you had been a long time BB user you might know this. For that matter if you had been reading these boards for any real length of time you would know this. The Official Verizon OS for the S1 is still a disaster, but the latest S2 leak however is golden. The official Verizon OS for the S2 is ok, if this leak becomes official it will also be a disaster but the .428 is far and away a better OS for stability, battery life, memory management and features (adds the pop-up keys). If Lucasell makes an OS official but Verizon doesn't - what then? Same device. IS it only more stable in Mexico, but as soon as you cross the border battery life gets worse? Come on.

Originally Posted by corymcnutt
    Isn't it up to the 3rd Party App developers to update their app to fit BB's O/S? If RIM had to worry about compatibility issues with every 3rd Party App, they would never be able to put out a new release. We all want a new and improved O/S and that may just mean the current versions of the apps will not work with it until the developers make changes to adapt.

This is true to some extent. But despite what some other uninformed person said on these Boards, the average BB user is a BES user, even if this is not true for the Storm 2. That is where the money for RIM comes from. The large firms that order 100s of devices a year to supply to associates and partners, and government offices that purchase thousands of BBs each year for staff, field agents, etc... Breaking an application that provides THE ONLY secure access protocal that is necessary for these people is not the same as breaking Vlingo, Garmin Mobile or Need for Speed. It is ignorant to think so. Lots of individuals may get pissed if there favorite game or navigation application doesn't work; but having thousands of IT departments and BES administrators pissed is a whole different ballgame.
    04-05-10 09:17 AM
    I know that the leak is the same as the offical but is it possible Verizon will put in ptt feature in the update for us. Any Verizon people know anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 09:39 AM
    I spoke with VZW Tech support on Saturday and he confirmed the new OS is coming today. However, he also told me that VZW only sends the update out to 10K people at a time. So it might take several weeks for everyone to get it.
    um no this is completely false.
    04-05-10 10:21 AM
    Don't give up so easily.... everything said 6pm EST
    out of curiocity, when was the last time that an official update was rolled out at 6pm? it just all seems far too suspicious to me.
    04-05-10 10:23 AM
    It could be 8pm like the tour os last week.
    04-05-10 10:26 AM
    It could be 8pm like the tour os last week.
    wasn't that rolled out at midnight?
    04-05-10 10:46 AM
    People who don't know anything need to stop questioning and doubting the people who actually know what's going on.

It's coming at 6pm EST, end of story. My only hope is that it's packaged wth BBM .65 because .66 in the leaked .607 has a major bug with the keyboard not showing in group chats.
    04-05-10 11:01 AM
    People who don't know anything need to stop questioning and doubting the people who actually know what's going on.

It's coming at 6pm EST, end of story. My only hope is that it's packaged wth BBM .65 because .66 in the leaked .607 has a major bug with the keyboard not showing in group chats.
    The problem is you don't always know "the people who actually know what's going on." There are several people who always have reliable information, but the majority of them don't. Allow me to "bow down to you oh Great One" with your infinite wisdom!
    04-05-10 11:15 AM
    wasn't that rolled out at midnight?
    wonder why i was think 8pm I stayed up for that one.
    04-05-10 11:17 AM
    normally its 9 pm est....reports are 6pm this time. i guess we will see lol
    04-05-10 12:11 PM
    snickers...

this was posted on a tweet by some guy that while often time is pretty accurate, isn't an actual employee of RIM or Verizon and therefore has no actual way outside of hearsay to "know" this information. and this tweet was posted on april 1st (april fools day/atheist's holiday) of all days so yeah i have every right to be very skeptical of the information being passed around as fact.

if it comes at 6 or 9 or even today then fine i will simply maintain my stance on the issue, and that stance is "i'll believe it once i see it and not a second before".
    04-05-10 12:22 PM
    I sure hope this wasn't a cruel April Fool's Joke... although it'd be a good one.
    04-05-10 12:27 PM
    I don't know why some of you are wasting time arguing about this release and what time it's supposed to happen. It will either come out later today or not, and no ones life will be effected either way.
    04-05-10 12:36 PM
    I don't know why some of you are wasting time arguing about this release and what time it's supposed to happen. It will either come out later today or not, and no ones life will be effected either way.
    it will for those that refuse to upgrade to a leak or cant because of a mac or BES
    04-05-10 12:38 PM
    Really? an April Fool's joke...does that make any sense anymore. It's 4/5/2010, there are confirmed postings out of VZW's intranet about the release and do you think VZW would **** that many customers off on purpose?
    04-05-10 12:40 PM
    it will for those that refuse to upgrade to a leak or cant because of a mac or BES
    Anyone that owns a Mac (and refuses to buy a pc as well) and then bought a bb made a mistake with their phone choice. I'm not anti Mac, but owning a bb without a pc is like buying car and then refusing to put gas in it. How could you live a happy life without the ability to install a leak?
    04-05-10 12:53 PM
93 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD