Just posted to another related thread...Finally downgraded to 517 (OOAK 604 hybrid). 607 never was close to being a step up from previous leaks; opera mini problems (1/2 screen in landscape, white screen requiring a battery pull); meterberry never did run right...always added modules (?) at a reset; during random phone calls, out of the blue, speaker phone would go on, screen would lock up and I'd have to hang up and recall to get back to normal.

I can only hope this IS NOT what VZW is planning on releasing!!!
    04-02-10 12:36 PM
    Just posted to another related thread...Finally downgraded to 517 (OOAK 604 hybrid). 607 never was close to being a step up from previous leaks; opera mini problems (1/2 screen in landscape, white screen requiring a battery pull); meterberry never did run right...always added modules (?) at a reset; during random phone calls, out of the blue, speaker phone would go on, screen would lock up and I'd have to hang up and recall to get back to normal.

To be 100% honest, my opinion is that while 3rd party software is important and very useful, RIM's primary priority is to make sure their software is useful, usable, and stable. So if Opera Mini has problems, then it is not RIM's perogative to fix them, and the same with Meterberry.(Although I love Meterberry.) The phone/speaker issue, however, does sound like something they would want to fix, but after reading all the bug threads, I honestly don't remember reading that one.

I do remember the BBM Groups issue, and that would be irritating, but still something fixable with what is likely just a programming/software tweak.

Anyhow, what really needs consideration is not whether or not the release OS of .607 is superior to a hybrid built on .428 or .451, etc. The general populace is on ... well to be honest, i'm not 100% sure, as i'm using a .497 Hybrid still, built on .451. I thought Verizon's official was .320 still.

.320 compared to .607 is not even a contest.

Something that needs to be acknowledged:
    There will always be bugs to work out. Every single phone out there has some problems, bugs, difficulties, or improvements to be made. Saying that the OS is terrible/awful/crap is not going to offer any useful critiques to those actually reading. Saying '.607 needs to address [Issue 1], [Issue 2], [Issue 3] before it is perfect/ready for release', is 239487234% more effective and useful.

That's my thoughts. Bring on the new. Sooner it's out, sooner we get .6xx Hybrids.
    04-02-10 01:47 PM

just reinstall MB and it works fine

i havent had the 1/2 screen in landscape or white screen issue yet either.
    04-02-10 01:54 PM
    I've been running 607 since it was leaked and I haven't had any issues
    04-02-10 01:56 PM
    +1 verze - I totally agree...if they tested the OS with every 3rd party app, theme etc... an OS would never get released....Monday is a big day for the S2 faithful.
    04-02-10 02:18 PM
    I do agree...and as I was writing the post, it occurred to me that the majority of complaints were related to third party apps. But, I guess I was a bit spoiled by all the recent leaked OS's and corresponding hybrids...all worked great (for me) with my apps (not even comparable to 320)...so its a little difficult to jump on the 607 bandwagon only because its the official successor to VZW 320. Thanks though, I'm ready for it...and as you stated all the 6xx hybrids.
    04-02-10 03:20 PM
    I've had no problems at all with .607, But their is always room for improvement. and I still will go to a hybrid when one comes out.
    04-02-10 03:47 PM
    I've seen no issues with .607 either.....camera, BBm.....all works well for me.
    04-02-10 04:04 PM
    My only complaint so far... how the screen click is now... takes less pressure to "click" and I'm getting "false clicks" where I'm just moving the position of my thumb on the screen, but it clicks.

3rd party app, QuickPull Lite, doesn't work to reboot the device. Oh, the same thing happens on my 9700 with 5.0.0.586.
    04-02-10 04:16 PM
    I just got my S2 on Wednesday ... this is probably the shortest amount of time I have had to wait for a new OS. I was going to install the leaked version but will wait now for this official release.
    04-02-10 04:17 PM
    I doubt the average or majority of BB users are BES, and while I like 607, I don't think RIM's only mission is to make their software stable. People use smartphones for way more than the standard apps. Smartphone success today is built partially on the ability to run useful or desired apps well while advancing features. Sometimes I think people just like to make counterpoints to take the other stance. I think it shows the fragmentation and age of the BB platform in that updates break apps regularly. I am totally pissed if a Windows update or MAC updates breaks my applications or major features. I get the same way with my BB and official updates. The platforms gaining ground don't seem to have this many breaks. That being said, I still love my BB for many reasons.

I hope 607 is not the next official release, mainly due to 3rd party issues.
    04-02-10 06:15 PM
    Verizon is releasing the .607- below is part of the pdf from verizon

Enjoy improved performance with these OS enhancements.
    Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce new software enhancements for your BlackBerry� Storm2�smartphone. The Research In Motion� 5.0.0 Release 1020 (Platform 4.2.0.275/Applications 5.0.0.607) update will make using your BlackBerry Storm2 even more enjoyable. Get the Most Out of Your Storm2
    04-02-10 06:36 PM
    I know I sound like a broken record, and I apologize for this, but no one seems to confirm or deny the auto complete keeps re enabling itself while using the full keyboard.

If someone has an in with VZW or RIM, please let them know!!!!

As far as I can tell, the first OS it started with was .451 and it has been present since.

.428 has been pretty great though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 07:54 PM
    never did it on 451 and still hasnt on 607.
    04-02-10 08:13 PM
    Hopefully when they make it official a better leak comes out that helps with the 3rd party apps....

04-02-10 09:32 PM
    The majority of blackberry users are not business anymore. Rim is finally acknowledging that with app world, webkit browser, app support, etc.... How could you think its really still tipped towards the businesses. They may loose money if their secure system doesn't work but rim will loose much more if the nonbusiness population switches because they are unhappy. As for this Os... I have it and have had no problems at all. Hopefully though the official os will fix the app issues.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-02-10 11:03 PM
    ===== QUOTE mrspock2002 ====

I love .428. Excellent OS and I've had zero issues with it.

===== /QUOTE ====

Agreed .428 was the best leak for S2 to date in terms of battery life, signal strength, quickness and memory. That said this leak is not bad at all, with the exception of the keyboard issues wich in BBM is an annoyance but in RSA completely breaks the application as a PIN must be entered in order to obtain a valid pass code. And this leak does seem to have restored the color palette which I love.
    +1. I've tried every leak and besides ooakpc's .604 hybrid .428 was the best by far!!! The keyboard not coming up half the time in bbm on .607 is a major flaw for me and all the people I talk to on it! That's something that RIM promotes everywhere and should work without issues!!!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-02-10 11:52 PM
    Hopefully when they make it official a better leak comes out that helps with the 3rd party apps....

Isn't it up to the 3rd Party App developers to update their app to fit BB's O/S? If RIM had to worry about compatibility issues with every 3rd Party App, they would never be able to put out a new release. We all want a new and improved O/S and that may just mean the current versions of the apps will not work with it until the developers make changes to adapt.
    04-03-10 08:32 AM
    Isn't it up to the 3rd Party App developers to update their app to fit BB's O/S? If RIM had to worry about compatibility issues with every 3rd Party App, they would never be able to put out a new release. We all want a new and improved O/S and that may just mean the current versions of the apps will not work with it until the developers make changes to adapt.
    Agree 100% !! Makes the most sense out of this entire thread.
    04-03-10 08:37 AM
    As for me and my house...........we are going back to .428
    04-03-10 10:59 AM
    Has everyone forgotten what happened to 3rd party apps when the first 5.0 Os versions came out? I'm sure that RIM is continuing to make changes along the way in the builds even within the 5.0 series.
    04-03-10 11:05 AM
    As for me and my house...........we are going back to .428
    as for me and my "house", we are staying with 320. works well enough until an official, stable released is reported upon by early adopters to be worth switching to. I'm not a phone "hobbyist" which I understand is a heretical statement to make on CB, but that's the way it is. Despite the time I spend here, I've no desire to load up the OS du jour. I smile to myself as I read all of the various complaints about leaked OS's. Despite all the urging from members here for me to "get with the program", and install leaks, I'm abstaining. If you all want to hate me for that, not to worry--I'll still sleep at night.
    04-03-10 12:08 PM
    as for me and my "house", we are staying with 320. works well enough until an official, stable released is reported upon by early adopters to be worth switching to. I'm not a phone "hobbyist" which I understand is a heretical statement to make on CB, but that's the way it is. Despite the time I spend here, I've no desire to load up the OS du jour. I smile to myself as I read all of the various complaints about leaked OS's. Despite all the urging from members here for me to "get with the program", and install leaks, I'm abstaining. If you all want to hate me for that, not to worry--I'll still sleep at night.
    pwned.....
    04-03-10 03:13 PM
    well it's the 5th and the OS isn't out. looks like several people bought into the april fools joke.
    04-05-10 08:19 AM
    Don't give up so easily.... everything said 6pm EST
    04-05-10 08:31 AM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD