I have had spd dial issues ever since I upgraded my 9530. Is there an easy fix?
    01-13-10 12:24 PM
    change to a reduced keyboard.

speed dials will work again.
    01-13-10 12:41 PM
    +1 to blaisedinsd.
    01-13-10 12:47 PM
    change to a reduced keyboard.

speed dials will work again.
    How do you change to a reduced keyboard? Is this under Options, Screen/Keyboard, Portrait View Keyboard? I have switched back to 328 because of the speed dial thing and don't see reduced keyboard as an option. Is reduced Keyboard only an option in 419?
    Last edited by buckifvr; 01-13-10 at 01:36 PM.
    01-13-10 01:28 PM
    To answer your question, yes...it's the portrait view keyboard. You can change it in two ways:

when ever your portrait keyboard is up hit the menu button and you have options to change your keyboard.

If you are in full QWERTY portrait you will have an "enable reduced keyboard" option

In options you can change your portrait View Keyboard to Suretype or Multitap....if it is set to Full Keyboard you will have the speed dial bug
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 01-13-10 at 02:19 PM.
    01-13-10 02:14 PM
    Thanks Blaisedinsd, I didn't realize there was a simple fix for this until today.
    01-13-10 05:17 PM
    well if you use and prefer the full portrait keyboard and you need your speed dials you are still screwed
    01-13-10 05:22 PM
    well if you use and prefer the full portrait keyboard and you need your speed dials you are still screwed
    Blaisedinsd,

Thanks for this solution. You're right - I get my speed dial back but have to live with the multitap keyboard. Not the best solution when everything once worked as designed. At this point, speed dial is more important than having to double tap the kb to type. These issues support competition among phones and platforms, eh?

JR
    05-11-10 11:14 AM
    JR, you can also use the reduced/suretype keyboard. The suretype keyboard may be a better option.
    05-11-10 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD