I just loaded the new 5.0.0.230 OS and for some reason the headphone jack mutes every time a song is over as it progresses to the next song. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem and if there are any fixes... otherwise the OS is great!
    09-20-09 03:00 PM
    I just loaded the new 5.0.0.230 OS and for some reason the headphone jack mutes every time a song is over as it progresses to the next song. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem and if there are any fixes... otherwise the OS is great!
    That happens to me too. The glitches make this phone fun, and watching them get ironed out from OS to OS. I wonder what OS the big V will approve for the S1.

Not to mention accelerometer has been extremely exceptional since 191.
    09-20-09 03:06 PM
    That happens to me too. The glitches make this phone fun, and watching them get ironed out from OS to OS. I wonder what OS the big V will approve for the S1.

Not to mention accelerometer has been extremely exceptional since 191.
    Oh the accelerometer is amazing! Well, guess I'll live with the music player glitch for now... maybe someone'll find a fix.
    09-20-09 03:14 PM
    I have the same problem both with wired headphones, and bluetooth headphones. It's a pain in the a.. uhhh ****.

That being said, it's a small price to pay for such an awesome OS. This is coming from someone who listens to music 4-6 hours a day.
    09-20-09 04:35 PM
    I had this issue yesterday, but did a battery pull to start the morning today and listened to my 808's album, and didn't have any issue on the songs playing after another, but I did have the issue before.
    09-20-09 04:40 PM
    I am having the same problem. Didn't have this problem on the VZ Official. I can't believe all these stupid new glitches come back out as OS builds get bigger.
    09-20-09 05:07 PM
    I have the same problem both with wired headphones, and bluetooth headphones. It's a pain in the a.. uhhh ****.

That being said, it's a small price to pay for such an awesome OS. This is coming from someone who listens to music 4-6 hours a day.
    Since you are using BT headphones, how is your video playback? Since .191 my video frame rate has been slowing down and falling behind the Audio, mostly on full screen videos. Those formatted for widescreen seem to have less trouble. Have not seen anyone else post this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 05:23 PM
    thats weird i have the same problem with 4.7.0.148 (official)
    09-20-09 05:29 PM
    yeah that happens to me on .230 but sometimes only not every time
    09-20-09 05:32 PM
    Yep I noticed that today too. We'd big.

09-20-09 06:27 PM
    it seems to play song to song most of the time, but if you skip songs yourself it plays but no sounds come out. if you stop the current song and then hit play it works fine without needing to restart the media player.

ive also noticed that BT song controls other than volume do not work.
    09-20-09 08:05 PM
    Let the first song play. When the next songs starts (and is muted), press Pause and then Play. The rest of your songs will play normally.

Don't try to short-cut it. Let the error happen. Otherwise all songs will be muted.

It's dumb. I know.
    09-20-09 08:12 PM
    One of my friends over on twitter says his Tour has this same bug. He's running a 5.0 OS but I don't know what exactly it is.

09-20-09 08:18 PM
    I did find a temporary fix. While it's playing, just lock your phone. I don't know why locking it works for me, but maybe it'll work for you guys?

Jeff
    09-20-09 08:22 PM
    One of 3 annoying things that made me go back to .167

No Facebook and Pandora autopause the other two.

09-20-09 10:32 PM
    When i realized i couldnt use BT song controls i went back to .167
    09-20-09 10:43 PM
    So I can't even play my music.... I use VZW/Rhapsody Subscription and since I upgraded to .230 it doesn't even recognize my BB anymore....so I cant update my music or add any to it anymore.Also sometimes my phone resets itself when watching videos.Kind of annoying but I'll live with it I guess, because I like everything else about this OS!
    09-20-09 10:46 PM
    This bug is weird. When i first started using .191 and now .230 the bug happens on my first few uses with the media player(headphones on). I get a lot of stop and go stuff(nothing major really but its there). Now though after havin .230 on my phone for a couple of days (same with .191 during its use) the issue appeared to go away. Now today i was using it and issue is back. Same happened with .191. Overall the issue is very minor to me. Ok i have to hit stop and play real quick but , ya know, so what. I mean im generally flippin through songs and vids so its not like im not using the phone anyway. Is it kind of annoying at times? yea sometimes but again nothing thats gonna drive me up a wall. To have the phone run the way it does now (little hangups and all) makes it all worth while. Also after being part of crackberry and reading up on so much stuff i kinna feel like there isnt a problem i cant handle now.(Ok theres a ton of stuff i dont know.lol. but as far as the average user i think im good)
    09-20-09 10:58 PM
    I don't understand why it is so hard for RIM to make a bug free media player.....basically on Storm it worked on .151 and .167 and has been bugged on every other build (if you consider the audio boost bug that existed in every build prior to .148 a bug, I do)
    09-21-09 01:06 AM
    When i realized i couldnt use BT song controls i went back to .167
    You can use controls, but you have to set up your BT profiles within .230. That means you CAN'T have any BT profiles brought to .230 from your previous OS...you must install .230 "free" of any BT profiles and then add them later. It took me almost a day of messing around with this, downgrading, upgrading, wiping, etc., but I have BT controls now! Check the Tips and Tricks forum for how I did it. It's painful, but AFAIK it worked for others who have followed the instructions.
    09-21-09 02:02 AM
    I don't understand why it is so hard for RIM to make a bug free media player.....basically on Storm it worked on .151 and .167 and has been bugged on every other build (if you consider the audio boost bug that existed in every build prior to .148 a bug, I do)
    .122 had the best video player and BT support for me, .151 was the best music player. I did not try .167 because it came out after .191 and it takes a pretty bad OS to make me go backwards (examples: 5.0.140, 4.7.132, 4.7.141).
    09-21-09 02:05 AM
    I haven't noticed that problem yet. I am playing music videos and it's keeping up just fine.

Since you are using BT headphones, how is your video playback? Since .191 my video frame rate has been slowing down and falling behind the Audio, mostly on full screen videos. Those formatted for widescreen seem to have less trouble. Have not seen anyone else post this.

09-21-09 07:24 AM

I really cannot believe you guys are so complacent with .230.
    09-21-09 08:08 AM
    One of 3 annoying things that made me go back to .167

No Facebook and Pandora autopause the other two.

Pandora works for me and Im on t-mobile. I know its the obvious question but did you remove and re install and try again?
    09-21-09 08:32 AM
    ive had a headphone problem with every single 5.0 OS ive upgraded to and ive done all possible solutions, multiple batt pulls, reload OS over another one that works, complete wipe and reload. but the problem with mine is that the headphone jack doesn't work AT ALL. i love my music and watching movies but i know people around me dont want to hear what im listening to besides, my music helps me focus in class. i need a fix =(
    09-21-09 08:40 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD