I am a normal BB user and abuser, but currently .99 is not being detected by Desktop Manager . I've installed updates plenty times before. I've installed leaked updates too. Once I installed .85 and downgraded back to .75 because it was not stable.
    My Desktop Manager is not recognizing .99 when I plug in my Storm. Yes, I ran the installation file, and it installed with no errors and everything seemed fine, but when I plugged in back my BB Storm for Desktop Manager to recognize the new OS 99, it didn't do anything. I tried re-installation about 7 times, and it still did not work. Is there something I am doing wrong or is there something I have to set first. i tried it with internet off as well, but still no success. So currently i am still running .75 which to me is slow compared to the videos ive seen of .90 and .99.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!
    02-05-09 04:39 PM
    delete vendor.xml
    C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    02-05-09 04:40 PM
    delete vendor.xml
    C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    And disconnect internet.
    02-05-09 04:41 PM
    Mostly just the internet disconnect, unless you're not on Verizon, then definitely delete vendor.xml

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 04:45 PM
    try plugging in your storm and then opening DM, worked for me when DM would not recognize
    02-05-09 04:50 PM
    I had a similar problem today when trying to go back from .99 to .85. I did everything right, followed every conceivable tip that is on point, tried through DM and AppLoader, and ultimately reloaded .99. The funny thing is that I previously had installed .85 without any problems, and .99 went back on without any problems. But no luck with .85.
    02-05-09 04:53 PM
    I am a normal BB user and abuser, but currently .99 is not being detected by Desktop Manager . I've installed updates plenty times before. I've installed leaked updates too. Once I installed .85 and downgraded back to .75 because it was not stable.
    My Desktop Manager is not recognizing .99 when I plug in my Storm. Yes, I ran the installation file, and it installed with no errors and everything seemed fine, but when I plugged in back my BB Storm for Desktop Manager to recognize the new OS 99, it didn't do anything. I tried re-installation about 7 times, and it still did not work. Is there something I am doing wrong or is there something I have to set first. i tried it with internet off as well, but still no success. So currently i am still running .75 which to me is slow compared to the videos ive seen of .90 and .99.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!
    Here's the solution from CRUCIAL and it just worked for me: Also delete the current OS from Add Remove Programs:

I would suggest you two, remove the DM completely from your computers. Then re-boot and re-install. When you install the DM again, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT check mark the "Check for Updates Automatically" box. After it's installed, re-boot again. The download and install the OS to the computer. Re-boot again. After that, try the upgrade again.
    02-05-09 04:56 PM
    I would also Uninstall all of the OS's you have installed in Add/Remove Programs. You know if it's an upgrade when installing if that's the only one you have...It may not sprecific as to the OS you're installing.
    02-05-09 05:28 PM
    I don't recommend using Desktop Manager, it blows hard and fails for many people.

I've posted this so many times I can't believe it, but here is a surefire way to get the update on your phone.

----------------------------------

Download the leak, install the leak on your computer.

Instead of using Desktop Manager, which never works for me either by the way, use the AppLoader.exe.
    Windows Explorer -> Program Files -> Common Files -> Research in Motion -> AppLoader -> Loader.exe

Make sure your device is plugged in, and make sure you've erased the Vendor.xml file in this very same directory.

Launch Loader.exe, follow the instructions. To make sure you're loading the updated firmware, if you click on one of the applications it's going to install there should be a way to see the properties of it. Somewhere in that menu it will verify that it is .99. (should be under modules)

The default selected programs are usually good to go, so just proceed with the update. It can take up to 25-30 minutes and at some points it will seem like it is totally frozen...this never happens and it won't happen to you so DO NOT UNPLUG IT. Go watch TV and come back and it should be done.
    02-05-09 05:31 PM
    None of those things worked for .85 on my computer today. I have 4.6 installed and it does not automatically check for updates. I also tried Apploader, and it didn't work. I always have only one OS installed on my computer, and uninstall other versions prior to trying to update. I tried a downgrade and wiping and downgrading. Reloading .99 worked fine, as has each prior install, including .85 on two different storms.
    02-05-09 08:08 PM
    I tired all these things too. It doesn't appear at all in the update box just previous updates.

Would I have to delete the vendor file even if i'm using Verizon? And if so what does that do? Will there be a difference in the OS from not deleting the vendor file?
    02-06-09 12:12 AM
    Always erase the Vendor.xml file. ALWAYS.

I find it hard to believe that the AppLoader method doesn't work. Try and install DM 4.7 and use the AppLoader again as it may have been updated from 4.6.
    02-06-09 08:47 AM
    As posted earlier by four threads it worked yesterday after numerous attempts with Application Loader: CRUCIAL EXTREME posted this from a previous thread:

CRUCIAL EXTREME

Lowefx, those are the same issues I have had. I have searched and searched to find answers. Yet, received nothing. I have posted this issue in a few different threads and nobody will respond or help with the issue. We are "SOL" it appears.

"I would suggest you two, remove the DM completely from your computers. Then re-boot and re-install. When you install the DM again, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT check mark the "Check for Updates Automatically" box. After it's installed, re-boot again. The download and install the OS to the computer. Re-boot again. After that, try the upgrade again."

Try it - it worked for me.
    02-06-09 08:56 AM
    I had the 99 app installed on my PC.
    I had crackmem 3.3 installed and it say 99 when I played with it a week ago.

Last night I forgot I had these items, I plugged my phone into the PC, and APPLoader started and started loading.

20 minutes later I was done.
    02-06-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD