05-02-10 02:31 PM
1,452 ... 56575859
tools
    I would just like to say that .75 rocked me like a hurricane.

In the words of B2K "Bump Bump Bump"
    08-12-09 03:56 PM
    Wow you got me on the first try. I love seeing my name all over the place. I am that arrogant and egotistical.

I know Dave an know that he is a good poster, I just felt that his rant was a little out of place. One individual made a snide comment and for the most part everyone else was just having a good laugh.

An yes I tell people to use the search after I have tried helping them. So with a look over my shoulder I will tell you very politely to...

bite me.
    and on that note I would like to say SICK BURN!
    08-12-09 04:34 PM
    I know dave but other than that shmuck everybody else was just getting a good laugh out of it
    After you read posts you need to learn to stop, take a breath, and mentally process what you just read before you decide reply with a flame, because reading the last two pages of your posts, you're 0 for 2.

If you take the time to go back and read what I wrote, I was just commenting that ANOTHER SITE I post on takes a hard line against this behavior. I wasn't outraged. I wasn't angry. I was making conversation. I couldn't care less that it happened here.

It seems the only schmuck not getting a laugh out of things is you, not me.
    08-12-09 08:01 PM
    I know Dave an know that he is a good poster, I just felt that his rant was a little out of place. One individual made a snide comment and for the most part everyone else was just having a good laugh.
    Valace, my post shouldn't be considered so much a rant; it was more of an honest question (although possibly misplaced in the OS forum, but hey, the subject came up and I didn't want to start a new thread elsewhere)

I wasn't referring to this forum and this forum only (or this thread, for that matter) - It was more of a general forum question/observation. There seems to be a trend.

- poster asks a question
    - poster is told to search for existing threads on the question
    - poster does so, and finds a thread on page 34
    - poster posts question in said thread
    - poster is repeatedly questioned as to why he/she brought an old thread back to page 1
    - rinse and repeat
    08-13-09 10:30 AM
    Maybe I just am not observant enough to notice, but I am going to be on the lookout for more instances like that.

Fact is someone should haven't to scour a 70 pages thread looking for an answer to a question, most threads are just filled with useless junk. I am not talking off topic comments or general BS, more the "downloading now", or repeating what someone else reported or quoting long asss posts.

I am not perfect either (or think that I am perfect an admire myself as much as the fool who attacked me earlier said ) I have posted some useless comments, I think we are all a little at fault there. It should be easier for people to search for answers.

But back to your topic, if I see someone for blasting someone for resurrecting a thread while looking for answers an then asks one himself, I will flame them hardcore. You don't tell people to search after denying them help an then flame them when they comment in a thread old or new. That is pathetic. Like I said to the nimrod who attacked me, I try an help people first before telling them to search for themselves.
    Dude, I agree with you 100%..... As a matter of fact, I firmly believe that if an answer to a question cannot be found in a reasonable number of pages of threads, it should be perfectly alright to post a new topic about it. I myself have in fact offered help to folks who started a new thread about an old topic. In short, I don't always agree with "posting etiquette", but it is what it is. In my opinion, if you can help someone, a helpful post takes no more time to type out than a post to flame.

Edit: I HATE "downloading now" posts *LOL* Who the freak cares? Download it, install it, and THEN post. We wanna know if it's gonna work well or not, not that your download is "at 38%"
    Last edited by Dave12308; 08-14-09 at 12:04 AM.
    08-14-09 12:00 AM
    Stop bumping this topic please. Can a mod lock this? It is a waste of front page space.
    08-14-09 02:16 AM
    Lol this thread will never die.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 04:05 AM
    Where can I find the 4.7.0.75 clean download? Trying to fix a Storm that has edge vs. EDGE issues
    08-14-09 04:30 PM
    OMG this OS is amazing!!! the future of blackberries is HERE!!!!!!!!
    08-30-09 10:57 PM
    damnit...old thread is old, like dinosaur old! leave it be...dead and extinct!
    08-30-09 11:01 PM
    I agree with howarmat let this thread rest in peace.

08-30-09 11:41 PM
    I agree with howarmat let this thread rest in peace.

well than stop responding to it. Ooops, I guess I just did it too.
    08-31-09 02:18 AM
    Is there an updated link for this?
    04-19-10 12:35 AM
    You can't be serious

04-19-10 01:00 AM
    04-19-10 01:25 AM
    It's baaaaack...

04-19-10 01:23 PM

Like this guy... he did say he would be back.

Sigh I miss the good ole days.
    04-21-10 03:33 PM
    I sure hope this is better than .65. Can't wait to try it!
    04-26-10 10:39 PM
    I sure hope this is better than .65. Can't wait to try it!
    I am sticking with .65 myself.... Gonna let .75 stay out there for a while so they can get the bugs worked out of it first.

04-26-10 10:55 PM
    We're rocking now!

04-26-10 11:52 PM
    oh great, thanks for sharing blue for good and red for bad, go .....
    04-27-10 01:53 AM
    .75 is the best OS so far. Min memory leak. battery last a few days with hours of wev surffing. I love it!!!! Can someone make a hybrid of this and .65 please

04-27-10 07:19 PM
    ............I hope that was sarcastic

04-28-10 02:03 PM
    Yes it was

04-28-10 05:44 PM
    damnit...old thread is old, like dinosaur old! leave it be...dead and extinct!
    Hey howarmat,

If this thread was "dinosaur old" last year, what does that make it now???

IBTL...
    04-28-10 06:17 PM
1,452 ... 56575859
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD