Ok I just finished with the update and I just have one word to say...AWWWWWWEEESOOMMMMEEEEEEEEE!!
    12-04-08 02:11 AM
    also confirmed that if you close your apps instead of hitting the back button. it makes a noticeable difference as well.
    12-04-08 02:13 AM
    - To keep it short, I updated the other day,
    Generally no problems and all works as before EXCEPT:

My Visual Voicemail (for better or worse) now posts a
    "Incomplete xml Would you like to call your mailbox now"

I've uninstalled and re-installed VVMail but still see this issue,
    I'd not seen any problem prior to this upgrade.

NOTE: I did not remove the vendor.xml when intalling OS

Thanks
    12-04-08 04:08 AM
    I was very hesitant to upgrade because I was having almost no problems with my storm. This morning I decided to go ahead and do it and it is more responsive. The lag is mostly gone. It put all my downloaded apps back on automatically and automatically redid the registration for my emails to be delivered even though the instructions said I would have to do that myself. This is one great device and the update seems to have made a significant speed difference.

I still admit that I may be able to type faster with a keyboard, but really with a keyboard with a boat anchor like the 7250 had. The keyboard on the 8830 was never too great. The curve I did like. I don't think this thing really slows me down and it is so capable in so many other areas, I can't imagine giving it up. The responsiveness that was gained with the update only shows that this device will get better yet. Just like any other early revision device like the early iPhones.
    12-04-08 08:15 AM
    12-04-08 08:19 AM
    i downloaded and installed the OS, but when i run DM it doesn't prompt the update and when i go to application loader it says no software update is required, any ideas?
    12-04-08 08:33 AM
    i downloaded and installed the OS, but when i run DM it doesn't prompt the update and when i go to application loader it says no software update is required, any ideas?
    You may have to restart your PC before the update kicks in... I had the same issue, but after restarting my PC and then running DM again, it prompted me with the update (still waiting on the update to finish as we speak...)

Hope that helps...
    12-04-08 08:41 AM
    tried restarting but it still didn't work, any other ideas?
    12-04-08 09:05 AM
    remove all BB software from your computer, restart your computer, reinstall DM, reinstall the leak and go from there
    Hey Don, just to let you know, that finally did the trick. I had several DM's installed. I never bother to check there. Once I removed them the install ran fine.

I'm going to give 75 a run and I'll let you know how it works for me.

Thanks for all your help!
    12-04-08 09:24 AM
    pull after pull... mine still lags bad. I even had to shake my phone a few times to get the acelerometer to work :-(

MAN!
    12-04-08 09:26 AM
    Hey Don, just to let you know, that finally did the trick. I had several DM's installed. I never bother to check there. Once I removed them the install ran fine.

I'm going to give 75 a run and I'll let you know how it works for me.

Thanks for all your help!
    yeah, for whatever reason, it doesn't like other versions of DM
    12-04-08 10:04 AM
    Ok, got everything working.
    BUT...Now it wont vibrate for phone calls. Tried everything I can think of. Changed settings, battery pull, Profile settings. Nothing is working.
    12-04-08 10:29 AM
    interesting...thats definitely a new one
    12-04-08 10:51 AM
    Not noticing any differences......so far

I did notice with DM 4.7 there is no need to back up 3rd party apps

After "breaking in" the new software over the next day or so I may notice some change, just as before but it seems just the same a .65

Didn't read over any of the pages, but the apps and other folder icons are the same size as the home screen icons...is this a setting or something different?
    12-04-08 12:25 PM
    ok got everything working, thanks for all the help
    12-04-08 12:30 PM
    can you clarify your question? I dont think i'm understanding correctly
    12-04-08 12:34 PM
    BlackBerry - Update your Device Software I have followed the link several times to upgrade to 4.7.0.75 First of all 4 out of 5 times the update screen says I have the newest version which I have .65. I'll unplug try again then I get the 4.7 release. However, if you press the details tab (modules) on the release, it says 4.7.0.65. How is everyone getting this to work so smoothly. Any suggestions because I'm going crazy!! Don't call me a wussy, I just don't want to do the leaked version. My friend went on blackberry.com and it downloaded just fine for him. Am I doing something wrong through the DM??? Thanks!!!
    12-04-08 12:56 PM
    can you clarify your question? I dont think i'm understanding correctly
    I am going to assume you are asking me this.......

But in .65, when you selected...such as... the applications folder, all of the icons in there were "half size"

Now in .75 they are full size, just as in the home screen

is this normal, or a setting?

Thanks!
    12-04-08 12:57 PM
    I am going to assume you are asking me this.......

But in .65, when you selected...such as... the applications folder, all of the icons in there were "half size"

Now in .75 they are full size, just as in the home screen

is this normal, or a setting?

Thanks!
    are you talking about in the video or on your actual phone?
    12-04-08 12:59 PM
    BlackBerry - Update your Device Software I have followed the link several times to upgrade to 4.7.0.75 First of all 4 out of 5 times the update screen says I have the newest version which I have .65. I'll unplug try again then I get the 4.7 release. However, if you press the details tab (modules) on the release, it says 4.7.0.65. How is everyone getting this to work so smoothly. Any suggestions because I'm going crazy!! Don't call me a wussy, I just don't want to do the leaked version. My friend went on blackberry.com and it downloaded just fine for him. Am I doing something wrong through the DM??? Thanks!!!
    remove all older blackberry software...this has worked for other people
    12-04-08 01:00 PM
    remove all older blackberry software...this has worked for other people

Don - I think he wants to get .75 from BB site and not page one of this thread.
    12-04-08 01:07 PM
    oh...haha...that would explain why he's not getting the update
    12-04-08 01:08 PM
    .76 is out on the RIM site, bell mobility...
    So all you bandwidth destroyers, go pick on RIM for awhile...
    12-04-08 03:45 PM
    thats for Bell though...we're gonna get a slew of people having problems since they're on verizon
    12-04-08 03:51 PM
    thats for Bell though...we're gonna get a slew of people having problems since they're on verizon
    No doubt, I gotta give you crazy props for babysitting this one all week..
    12-04-08 04:03 PM
1,452 ... 5152535455 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD