the other questions have been answered SEVERAL dozen times...please search
    12-03-08 04:08 PM
    download the exe
    run the exe
    start DM
    and then follow the screen shots

select application loader

then click next
    Yikes dude, you didn't blur your PIN in the last two screenshots.
    I really don't know if that does anything, lol, but just thought i'd let you know.
    12-03-08 04:16 PM
    thanks, i forgot to do that last time
    12-03-08 04:22 PM
    Much like others in this forum I cannot get .75 installed as DM does not recognize an upadate even though I installed the leaked .exe following instructions above. Question: Does the fact that I am BES activated influence DM's available updates?
    12-03-08 04:47 PM
    This update worked wonders for my phone. I also put the paper under the battery to increase screen click. works great! u guys saved me from returning phone.
    12-03-08 04:47 PM
    My phone worked pretty well before I downloaded and installed this excellent update. Now it's even better! I was a little apprehensive about messing with this in fear of screwing up my phone, but the install went perfect, even with a technology challenged moron like me did this without a hitch. If you're a bit scared like I was, have no fear and install it! Thanks guys!
    12-03-08 04:51 PM
    Hey guys. I'm new to the blackberry family. My friend linked me to the patch for the Storm, I downloaded it, the Desktop Manager automatically opened after I installed the patch, and while it was running, it said there was an error and could not reconnect to the device. My phone was blinking red and was not responding to screen touches or pressing the power button. I let it stay like that for 2 hours before deciding enough was enough. The Desktop Manager said "Disconnected" the entire time, but being that Im new to this, I didnt want to mess up my phone.

Well long story short, my storm is shot. It only blinks red and nothing happens. I took the battery out, charged it, plugged it into my computer via USB, nothing.

Any ideas or am I basically screwed?

Thanks to whoever responds.
    12-03-08 05:02 PM
    please check the first post about what to do if you brick your phone
    12-03-08 05:04 PM
    I downloaded the leaked exe and installed it.

when i run the new desktop manager and ask for updates to shows none available.

Not sure what did wrong.
    12-03-08 05:05 PM
    I just got my Verizon Storm which is unlocked, and I am using it with T Mobile. If I run this update, will my phone become relocked? Also, did I need to delete the vender.xml file? Thanks
    Can you tell me if you have activated your storm on Verizon before using it on T Mobile? i am using unlocked storm 9530 in Europe on Eurotel network, but i have a message at the top of home screen saying activation is required.

Thanks.
    12-03-08 05:08 PM
    I downloaded the leaked exe and installed it.

when i run the new desktop manager and ask for updates to shows none available.

Not sure what did wrong.
    download the exe
    run the exe
    start DM

then click next
    12-03-08 05:09 PM
    please check the first post about what to do if you brick your phone
    I followed the steps through the USB-PIN:UNKNOWN option. However, when I get to the next screen, its saying that "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator".

any ideas?
    12-03-08 05:27 PM
    I did all that. when i get to the final screen shot it says there are no updates available.
    12-03-08 05:28 PM
    i downloaded and installed the new software and it didnt help at all...
    12-03-08 05:32 PM
    I followed the steps through the USB-PIN:UNKNOWN option. However, when I get to the next screen, its saying that "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator".

any ideas?
    How-To Wipe with JL_Cmder - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    12-03-08 05:33 PM
    Uggh

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the desktop software

it still doesn't offer me an update when i get to that last screen shot
    12-03-08 05:42 PM
    [forums.crackberry.com/f3/hot-wipe-jl_cmder-53502]How-To Wipe with JL_Cmder - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    That didnt work either.

Still blinks red and the Desktop Manager doesnt recognize it.
    12-03-08 05:44 PM
    Uggh

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the desktop software

it still doesn't offer me an update when i get to that last screen shot
    and you're going through ALL of the steps?
    12-03-08 05:46 PM
    download the exe
    run the exe
    start DM

then click next
    Don, I swear i am not an *****. I know how to run an update, but im telling you, after 13 attempts, i do not get the choice to choose between the current and suggested OS's. I have run the exe file wizard and on the final step opted to open the DM and when i hook my BB to the USB it searches automatically and then nothing. I then opt to run the App loader and select the update device, but i do not get the .75 option. it only searches my device and says i am current.
    That didnt work either.

Still blinks red and the Desktop Manager doesnt recognize it.
    you bricked your phone good. create a new topic and someone with better knowledge about this will be able to help
    I have run the exe file wizard and on the final step opted to open the DM and when i hook my BB to the USB it searches automatically and then nothing. I then opt to run the App loader and select the update device, but i do not get the .75 option. it only searches my device and says i am current.

This exactly what happens to me
    12-03-08 05:53 PM
    update is brilliant...this is how the storm should have shipped!
    12-03-08 05:55 PM
    This exactly what happens to me
    The only thing that makes logical sense is the default program our PC opt's to "run" the downloaded file. I cannot find any other reason to explain what is going on.
    12-03-08 05:58 PM
    somewhere you guys are missing a step. there is absolutely no reason it shouldnt show .75
    12-03-08 06:03 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks! I had the old OS on my Storm and wow was it full of problems. I just updated with the leaked new OS and wow what a change MUCH faster and way less problems. THANKS AGAIN!
    12-03-08 06:05 PM
1,452 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD