o so it might improve on some things that .75 didnt??
    12-03-08 10:41 AM
    I just want the dang thing to stop flipping to landscape every time I tilt it in the slightest or set it down. That is really getting annoying.
    12-03-08 10:46 AM
    i just did the update as soon as I unboxed my Storm and everything went smoothly.
    12-03-08 10:47 AM
    kinda confused now.....is the official .75 from verizon released via DM yet? Last I checked (about 10 pm last night) it wasn't.
    12-03-08 10:52 AM
    I just got my Verizon Storm which is unlocked, and I am using it with T Mobile. If I run this update, will my phone become relocked? Also, did I need to delete the vender.xml file? Thanks
    you need to delete the vendor.xml if you're unlocked. not sure if it will relock it, but you do still have you unlock code correct?
    12-03-08 11:02 AM
    kinda confused now.....is the official .75 from verizon released via DM yet? Last I checked (about 10 pm last night) it wasn't.
    no, it is not yet available
    12-03-08 11:03 AM
    After having the Storm for two days, I just updated it. Honestly, I can't tell much of a difference, but I didn't think it was laggy to begin with. In fact, I think it may have more lag now when flipping between portrait and landscape on the menu screen and in picture viewer. Maps seems to work a little faster. The camera used to turn on inadvertently by keeping a letter highlighted for a few seconds while in qwerty mode. It was a pain in the **** to turn off. That appears to be corrected. That's all I've noticed. IMO, don't bother updating it if you think the phone works fine. Wait until the official DM release. If it is annoyingly laggy to you, then update it.
    12-03-08 11:06 AM
    I installed the new version yesterday. Actually went faster then I thought it would...Real smooth & easy. Thanks Don for sharing!
    12-03-08 11:08 AM
    Ok, I ran the exe, but when I plugged in my storm I got no update warning and even through the application loader. Anyone have any ideas??
    12-03-08 11:13 AM
    did you launch DM from the exe or did you already have it open?
    12-03-08 11:19 AM
    Once it installed it didn't autoload the DM, so I clicked on my destop icon. I also removed and resinstalled the update too.
    12-03-08 11:25 AM
    in DM, click app loader, select update, select the OS you want to load.
    12-03-08 11:30 AM
    Don, thanks for your work in this area, not to mention your patience. PayPal donation on it's way to help defray your bandwidth issue.
    12-03-08 11:41 AM
    It says no software update is required for your device
    12-03-08 11:42 AM
    its not required, but you still have the option of selecting which OS to load
    12-03-08 11:51 AM
    Don, you the man! Everything is working much smoother now. I was nervous to go through with the upgrade but I am really glad I did.

THANK YOU!
    12-03-08 12:01 PM
    Ive tried even through the option tab still comes up with the 65 version. You can see in the printscreen, there is no os selection at all
    Last edited by azrifraf; 12-03-08 at 05:13 PM.
    12-03-08 12:23 PM
    Ive tried even through the option tab still comes up with the 65 version. You can see in the printscreen, there is no os selection at all
    I too have tried this 12 times. I do not get the option to choose an update. This is my forth BB, and i am very familiar with DM and updates.

I have even tried to browse folders looking for the file, but it needs to read an .alx, or .ali file as opposed to the .exe InstallWizard file.

Thoughts??
    12-03-08 12:31 PM
    Ive looked for the files too with no luck. Not sure what else to do.
    12-03-08 01:13 PM
    Will this update fix the slow reacting keyboard when browsing the net?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 01:50 PM
    So is it true that the update is only for BES or can it be used for BIS too?
    12-03-08 01:58 PM
    Anyone know when I will be able to download an OTA update? I have a Mac and do not feel like finding a PC and installing everything.
    12-03-08 02:09 PM
    So as I have yet to see anyone positively or negatively post any information about this patch, I will do so. First off let me tell you I was more disappointed than anyone when I got my STORM.

I waited in line from 5:30 am untill 11:30. When it looked like all hope was lost some one got tired of waiting and left, so I luckily received the last STORM from my Verizon dealer only to be let down by horrible lagg between apps and starting and stopping calls. The phone was honestly the biggest waste of money to me. I've been patiently waiting for a patch like this since the device was issued. So I found this link, downloaded it and this is what I've expierenced thus far:

First off, the lagg time between apps and menus is gone. At least on my device. This makes using the interface much more enjoyable.

The accelorometer is working the way it was intended. It works flawless just like it had on my I-Phone, my LG Dare and The voyager. no longer does it get stuck in landscape mode like all of us hate.

I have not had the device crash when using the media player or the camera or any third party applications. Befor the update I was having a crash per day.

The battery life seems to be unchanged but us blackberry users are used to that. I will update if that changes.

The screen seems to be more responsive and I tend to make less errors typing because I'm not waiting for the device to catch up. When depressing an application it really does seem to load faster.

I hope this helps and i give this update a 5 out of 5 with nothing bad to say. It's like having a new phone. I am very happy with the results and greatful to Don for letting us CRACKBERRY heads use this patch.
    Feel free to message me about any questions.
    12-03-08 02:16 PM
    I did the update and it worked fine. Like it thus far. seems to improve some of the issues. Have to hook my work email up again but that was expected. When the official release comes out do I need to update again?
    12-03-08 02:46 PM
    download the exe
    run the exe
    start DM
    and then follow the screen shots

select application loader

then click next
    12-03-08 03:02 PM
1,452 ... 4647484950 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD