05-02-10 02:31 PM
1,452 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    a lot of people have noted that they did not notice any improvement til after a battery pull.
    2 pulls got more free mem, but still ssssoooooo slow. sucks i was really happy before mine was very very fast, guess it was me being greedy wanting more speed lol.
    12-01-08 08:02 PM
    I am having issues answering the phone when I take it out my pocket. It is in landscape mode and when I press the screen for answer OR hit the actual green phone button it only mutes the ringer and not answers it. It only seems to do this when it comes out of my pocket in landscape. Do you know if this OS update if fixing this issue as well?
    I am also having this issue!
    12-01-08 08:07 PM
    oh battery life WAS increased.
    12-01-08 08:08 PM
    oh battery life WAS increased.
    If true, that is huge.
    12-01-08 08:14 PM
    I didnt have to restore my apps or texts or contacts or anything myself. The OS update backed everything up for me and restored it all too.

Am I missing something?
    12-01-08 08:22 PM
    I am getting mine thursday. I have a macbook. How would this work? Would it work on a macbook? Do i need pocketmac? if so, is that a good enough program to get .75 on the storm??
    I dont want it to be harder to do on a macbook then on windows. Im in college and my dad is sending it to me. he was going to set it up and load the new OS, but i rather do it..

Thanks
    12-01-08 08:43 PM
    you need to run VMware Fusion or the like in order to run the update.
    12-01-08 08:45 PM
    Wow, maybe I should join Forums for Idiots instead of crackberry.com. Thought I would give the forum thing a shot being that the Storm was new and everyone seemed to work together to come up with solutions and give advice.

Don't have much experience searching through forums and definitely don't have time to browse through all the posts and forums on this site. I have however used a computer before.

Can someone give me a tip on where to find the OTA release date for OS 4.7.0.75? I have a MAC computer and will be unable to use the "leak". I seem to be typing the incorrect word (or combination of words) in my search, or maybe I overlooked the thread.

Thought the date (answer) would take less time to type rather than OMG search search search search or check the forums for such an easy question next time. Seems like being a wise guy takes a lot more effort, but whatever makes someone feel special is ok with me.

Sorry for being so stupid. I will try to only browse forums and not ask ridiculous questions.

Thanks.
    12-01-08 08:48 PM
    the questions been asked a couple dozen times.

Search would have helped you with the OTA question, so i'll leave you to search for that
    12-01-08 09:05 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for the reply!
    12-01-08 09:08 PM
    Thanks Don, got mine installed seems to be working pretty good
    12-01-08 09:19 PM
    Got my Storm on Saturday night at a Best Buy in Chicago and liked it loads, but now after I just did the firmware update, I love it! What a difference 20 minutes makes. Thanks for putting this up for the rest of us to use.
    12-01-08 09:21 PM
    Don,

I downloaded the exe. file and then connect to dm, but it says that there is no updates available. any ideas? anyone?
    12-01-08 09:35 PM
    run the exe with dm closed
    12-01-08 09:36 PM
    i have done that. even removed the exe and re-ran it. i don't know what i'm doing wrong
    12-01-08 09:40 PM
    if you guys would take a minute to search and look in the forums on the procedures to load an OS it would save everybody time! and headaches, all the loading procedures for blackberries are the same. these questions have been asked in this thread over and over again, if you dont feel like reading through 67 pages, then quit posting the same question and search before posting and cluttering crap up. geeezz!
    12-01-08 09:43 PM
    Bert,

I did do a search and followed the instructions. If you're not willing to help, then please do not respond to my questions. Thanks.
    12-01-08 09:46 PM
    Thx so much for the post Don! I had a curve before my storm and o done the 4.5 upgrade with no problems thx to the help of my crackberry fam now I upgraded my bad a ** storm with ur help again! I had no problems doing this upgrade and the improvements was immediate!! Thx again guys!!! Y'all rock. Can't wait for more upgrades to kick off to make this phone more reason to disown that iphone some people walk around with. Blackberry till ' I die!!!!!!_

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 09:47 PM
    I do help on what i can and what i know and people here are very helpful aswell, the issue you are having has nothing to do with the file Don posted, i just got done installing/loading mine with out any issues. either you need to update you Desktop Manager to the latest version or something else in your Computer is causing the problem.
    12-01-08 09:53 PM
    Update worked flawlessly. This being my first BB, I especially like not having to reinstall everything after an update. I didn't even back up my data through the DM, it did it as a component of the update. Brilliant! Thanks for posting Don!
    12-01-08 09:57 PM
    directions are on the first page for those having problems.
    12-01-08 10:10 PM
    Am tempted to get this os because mostly eveyone has had heat results but there is also talk about .76. Should I just get this update or when will Vzw release
    It officially? Would it be the same OS?? If not I can just get this update n update it again if vzw releases a differnt OS without problems? Any help will be appreciated
    12-01-08 10:14 PM
    I did the update Saturday night (late) and it made my phone worse (I posted earlier on the details). It does seem better today except that the memory leaks are terrible. I've had to do three soft resets today as my memory drops to 38+ and I can get it back to 46+ after a reset. I've had very little use today so I'm not sure why I'm losing so much memory. NO APPLICATIONS are running except for the ones that cannot be closed.

Any ideas what might be happening?
    12-01-08 10:18 PM
    you're one of few that have had issues with the OS...
    12-01-08 10:42 PM
    WOO HOO! I DID IT ALL BY MYSELF, I'M A BIG GIRL!! AND BTW-I didn't have to back up my games, thank God!
    12-01-08 10:43 PM
1,452 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD