I have downloaded the update 2 seperate times and then tried installing the OS onto my computer. Both times I get a message saying "Error 1406 Could not write value to key \SOFTWARE\Research In Motion\Apploader". Anyone have any idea what's wrong?
    12-01-08 04:48 PM
    I'm gonna assume this isn't for the UK 9500 as when I downloaded and ran it, it say's for 9530... Can anyone advise?..

Thanks.
    no, this will not will not work on Vodafone 9500 devices
    12-01-08 04:51 PM
    no, this will not will not work on Vodafone 9500 devices
    Bummer.

Thanks for the reply!
    12-01-08 04:56 PM
    I am having issues answering the phone when I take it out my pocket. It is in landscape mode and when I press the screen for answer OR hit the actual green phone button it only mutes the ringer and not answers it. It only seems to do this when it comes out of my pocket in landscape. Do you know if this OS update if fixing this issue as well?
    Wow, I thought it was just me. I have had similar issues sporadically.
    12-01-08 04:56 PM
    Will this work for BIS users?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 05:04 PM
    Ok, I bit the bullet and updated the phone. Honestly, I was not that unhappy with the original software and had few of the issues others have been noting. My experience with the upgrade was smooth as silk and just like the poster said. I am running Vista Home Premium on my desktop PC. It took less than 20 minutes from download to install. I just looked at the "About" page on the 9530 and it showsv4.7.0.75 (platform 4.0.0.94) seems right to me.

Thanks, this device has been awesome so far.....I tried the iphone first gen for two weeks, went to Samsung i760 for less than two weeks and this is finally what I have been waiting for. iphonesque, but on a good network VZW!
    12-01-08 05:07 PM
    Will this work for BIS users?

Yes, this will work for BIS users. Next time, please search before asking such a simple question
    12-01-08 05:10 PM
    Omg...search Search Search Search Search
    lol Don, you can't expect everyone to have patience, especially people who are not computer savy....

Anyhow I might as well thank you well i'm at it.
    12-01-08 05:32 PM
    Finally got it!!

After trying a good 4 or 5x yesterday to no avail... I UNinstalled my DM [UTD version too..] and THEN 'ran' the OS update, it then prompted me to open the App. Loader and connect my BB. So I did - it installed and yes - I finally have .75! AND it only took maybe 15min. total

So I'll finally say thankyou for posting the leak, lol. Its appreciated And it doesn't lag as much.. that's really the only 'issue' I had w/ the old OS. So thankyou very much for posting it
    12-01-08 05:34 PM
    very odd..
    Don, Just wanted tolet you know that the DL worked on my work computer, must of been something with my home system. Thanks, sweet new os.
    12-01-08 05:58 PM
    Finally got it!!

After trying a good 4 or 5x yesterday to no avail... I UNinstalled my DM [UTD version too..] and THEN 'ran' the OS update, it then prompted me to open the App. Loader and connect my BB. So I did - it installed and yes - I finally have .75! AND it only took maybe 15min. total

So I'll finally say thankyou for posting the leak, lol. Its appreciated And it doesn't lag as much.. that's really the only 'issue' I had w/ the old OS. So thankyou very much for posting it
    You don't have to uninstall previous version.. you just have to shut it down its not running the background.
    12-01-08 05:59 PM
    My apologies Don. Thanks for the information.

12-01-08 06:02 PM
    I had - but it still wasn't updating it, so I uninstalled it and yeah...

oh well, whatever works.
    12-01-08 06:14 PM
    cheers mate!

works great, definite marked improvement across the board.
    12-01-08 06:16 PM
    Worked for me. Vista Business. In and out in under 30 minutes.

Much appreciated.
    12-01-08 06:22 PM
    Thanks to Don....After reading your explanation the upgrade was a no brainer. I did the upgrade to be on the edge although with a lot of help from CB it was faster than in the beginning. When I went to Verizon today I told them if it wasn't for CB they would have gotten the storm back in pieces. Thanks to all on this FORUM that helped make me into a BB Lover.

George
    12-01-08 06:25 PM
    Thanks.

Can some of you tell me why you feel this is a marked improvement over .65 This is my first bb by the way. Please tell me what you guys think are the biggest improvements. The only thing I can see is the Lag time between portrait and landscape "may" be a little better.

What am I missing that you guys are seeing.

By the way, great site.
    12-01-08 06:39 PM
    please see the first post. there is a link to a thread regarding what you're asking
    12-01-08 06:43 PM
    Ok it appears that there is an update (most likely .75) available on my BES server now.

I logged on today and it has an update tab, saying that the storm can be updated from carrier "105"

I assume this is .75 being delivered to BES as promised previously, but will report back asap if its anything newer than .75.
    12-01-08 06:46 PM
    carrier 105 is Verizon and it is most likely .75 being delivered
    12-01-08 06:55 PM
    well i got it... and i may have been one of the lucky few that .65 was great. but after the update my storm is slower than ****. way more lag on everything. it has been 24 hours and I can now relate to all those with lag issues on .65, going to downgrade now just hope it goes back to the same speed as before.
    12-01-08 06:55 PM
    Good deal. Thanks.
    12-01-08 06:56 PM
    well i got it... and i may have been one of the lucky few that .65 was great. but after the update my storm is slower than ****. way more lag on everything. it has been 24 hours and I can now relate to all those with lag issues on .65, going to downgrade now just hope it goes back to the same speed as before.
    a lot of people have noted that they did not notice any improvement til after a battery pull.
    12-01-08 06:58 PM
    carrier 105 is Verizon and it is most likely .75 being delivered
    thank you sir Don.

I assume if i am receiving this, that .75 is the final. There goes the hope that .75 was a work in progress and and even better one was coming out on the 8th, right?

Either way, you are a gentleman and a scholar!

----------------------------

Set CRM Discriminator to AUX
    12-01-08 07:01 PM
    a lot of people have noted that they did not notice any improvement til after a battery pull.
    this is quite interesting. I would think booting the phone with a new OS, would not require a battery pull.

or that after booting the os fresh, that a battery pull would do nothing.

Can someone maybe shine some light on why this does anything?
    12-01-08 07:02 PM
1,452 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD