Here are the steps I went through for the update... this might help those that are having problems..

1. I'm on XP, and I just got the Storm yesterday, installing the DM from the included CD. I had an 8830, and didn't remove any previous DM versions.
    2. I dloaded the EXE and ran it. Anytime I started DM after that, there was nothing I could do to get it to install an OS update. Application Loader did nothing, and I even got a message to the effect that "You're on a BES, you can't update this way"
    3. I manually removed the existing DM from my computer, as well as all other BB SW (I also had an OS updater for my 8830 laying around)
    4. I re-ran the EXE I downloaded, which upon completion, did the upgrade to my BB (and kept all my data and configs!)
    5. I re-installed the DM from the included CD

Might not have been the appropriate or simplest of processes, but it worked for me
    12-01-08 06:16 AM
    Hi Guys

Will this update work OK on a UK based Storm 9500 or is it for the 9530 only?

Thanks

Ian
    Seems it doesnt work on ours.. Guess we need to wait for Vodafone to release something
    12-01-08 06:27 AM
    I've downloaded and "Run" this twice and I still get "No updates necessary for your device" when I use the Update System Software in DM 4.7.

Any idea why this is? When I check the Details on the OS is says Installed Version: ...65 Available Version ...65 ????
    1. Delete (uninstall) all installed BB System install files
    2. Delete(uninstall) DM 4.7
    Reboot
    3. Re-install DM 4.7
    4. Install OS .75 Update
    5. Connect BB & Update System Software

Works GREAT! Much more responsive and 3d party apps & data was reinstalled.
    12-01-08 06:42 AM
    Seems it doesnt work on ours.. Guess we need to wait for Vodafone to release something

Hating Vodafone right now for not updating us when we had it first.

Also confused that we cant use this OS even if we delete the vendor xml file as I am very used to downloading Beta OS from other countries.
    12-01-08 06:46 AM
    Hi all
    Just want to say that the update is now available for UK users thru the DM am updating now
    12-01-08 07:04 AM
    :S sorry guys nothing happend after the update !
    what i have now is
    V4.7.0.65 (platform 4.0.0.67)
    12-01-08 07:08 AM
    QUESTION -

I did the update yesterday and I have noticed 2 bad things afterwards:

1) My phone now says "SIM card rejected" at the top (I am on Verizon, and I have tried messing with the "Mobile Network" options to only allow 1XEV but that doesn't help)

2) Docs to go is gone! All my other apps transferred over fine, even my third party ones like Opera, etc. What's the best way to go about getting these back?

Thanks....
    12-01-08 07:12 AM
    Hey guys, the actual update for the 9530 is available on the Verizon website so it's not necessary to download the leaked version. Check out support for the Storm and you can download the software.
    Honestly, In the words of Mr. T, "I pity the fool" who simply cannot read

Please do not impose your stupidity onto others for the sake of post count!!
    12-01-08 07:30 AM
    argh this is the reason i am iffy on installing it. my phone hasnt done this with .65, the number of people experiencing this with .75 is growing.
    Don't install it... It's a waste.

There is still lag.... Everything that was there is still there..
    Its just under a different number now..

Don't do it...

Flame away for going against the grain...
    I'm just saying its not an improvement.

If .65 does it for you, this is an utter waste of your time.
    12-01-08 07:41 AM
    QUESTION -

1) My phone now says "SIM card rejected" at the top (I am on Verizon, and I have tried messing with the "Mobile Network" options to only allow 1XEV but that doesn't help)

2) Docs to go is gone! All my other apps transferred over fine, even my third party ones like Opera, etc. What's the best way to go about getting these back?

Thanks....

Looks like a battery pull, maybe pulling the sim, cleaning the contacts will address that error..
    You need to rehook your BB up to your pc and run application loader in desktop manager, in the available application list is docs to go, just check the box and install...
    12-01-08 07:52 AM
    How do I reactivate my storm wirelessly?
    12-01-08 08:06 AM
    QUESTION -

Thanks....

Contact the global team from another phone and inquire if the Sim card is registered on your account. 99% chance it is not. this will fix the issue. Happened to me on Saturday and all is good since.

As for the update my phone is even faster now. I was thinking of not doing it because .65 worked great. However the lag is most gone. Still not perfect but it is a new software platform so I expect it.

My biggest curve was not reading the directions by hitting the executable and then opening Desktop manager when it was done completing step 1. I missed step two and didn't accept the upgrades desktop wanted to push to me. Everything went great and didn't dump anything.
    12-01-08 08:43 AM
    I would never think a fellow Crackberry user would purposely sabatoge other crackberry users. Thanks for the link Don
    12-01-08 08:52 AM
    I cant wait to do this all again when someone leaks .76!
    12-01-08 09:17 AM
    I updated yesterday & just wanated to extend my thanks to Don.
    12-01-08 09:20 AM
    ARG, I just got an error in the middle of the update saying it cant reconnect to the JVM?? Now my phone wont turn on and the red light is flashing :/
    12-01-08 09:53 AM
    Hating Vodafone right now for not updating us when we had it first.

Also confused that we cant use this OS even if we delete the vendor xml file as I am very used to downloading Beta OS from other countries.
    Although in the past using betas was as simple as deleting the vender.xml file. You have to keep in mind that even though both phones are named Storm the model numbers are different. 9530 for North America and 9500 for the rest of the world. The main difference between these phones is that the NA version has the CDMA radio and the 9530 OS is optimized to use that.
    12-01-08 10:02 AM
    when the DM come's up you need to hit the next button and let it do it's thing. so far what you are doing is right.
    12-01-08 10:03 AM
    Don thanks this help's out a lot. if you can get the .76 let use now.
    12-01-08 10:05 AM
    .75 is awesome! my phone is 100% faster with no lag switching views. so glad i did not return this phone!
    12-01-08 10:07 AM
    seems to be working great for me thx
    12-01-08 10:09 AM
    Ok I just reloaded everything per this link,

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Was going to try to reload the .75 again and I checked what OS was running and it says .75! Is this normal? Phone seems to be running super fast, I think im going to try to restore my backed up data now...
    12-01-08 10:24 AM
    probably installed the latest OS when you reloaded the OS on your bricked device
    12-01-08 10:26 AM
    probably installed the latest OS when you reloaded the OS on your bricked device
    Thats what I thought, thanks for posting the .75 update!~!!!
    12-01-08 10:27 AM
    Worthwhile upgrade for me. The accelerometer tweak is working out great and I didn't lose any data or apps. It took about 10 - 15 minutes to finish on my PC. No negatives at all that I can see.

All phones start pretty much the same but after we get done customizing things it should be expected that not everyone is going to have the same results. Give it a shot and if it doesn't work, roll it back like others have posted.

Thanks Don
    12-01-08 10:28 AM
1,452 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD