05-02-10 02:31 PM
1,452 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Don Thank you. You were taking a beatin on the forum. lol and now i guess some people must tell you SORRY!!! and Bow down to you!!
    11-30-08 10:44 AM
    Just curious rflem550, why do you want to revert back to the old software?

Because I did not notice much of a difference in performance.

I am not happy with the device and will be returning it. Just personal preference...I was hoping that I would enjoy the new tecnology, but it's not blowing me away like I had hoped....
    11-30-08 10:46 AM
    YES. Theres a lot of damn people who owe you a apology. Considering their maturity level I doubt you'll get it. But I'll be damned if they don't owe it to you. And it should be known now to trust what you say.
    I'm one of those people. In post #12 of that horrible thread I said something I shouldn't have. There's no excuse for that and I won't even attempt to defend it.

Sorry, Blackmannx.
    11-30-08 10:47 AM
    I upgraded and everything seems to be working fine; however, I noticed that the Branding Version is 1.0.105.92 and not 1.0.105.96. Did I do something wrong?? The version shows .75 and the platform is .94.

Can anyone shed some light on this??

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    11-30-08 10:49 AM
    I'm one of those people. In post #12 of that horrible thread I said something I shouldn't have. There's no excuse for that and I won't even attempt to defend it.

Sorry, Blackmannx.
    No it's alright. I understand you were skeptical, and rightly so. What you said in comparison to others was nothing. But the people who are skeptical should just move on and not bash the OP. you're fine and I'm sure Blackmannx appreciates it.
    11-30-08 10:54 AM
    Have you tried *288?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Call VZW support. They need to reset your account. Takes about 5 minutes. Had the same issue.
    11-30-08 10:59 AM
    Thanks it seems to be a bit faster and it fixed the issue i had where when i did a backup it reverted to the default wallpaper. Does'nt do that anymore THANKS
    11-30-08 11:01 AM
    Do I have to have my BES admin reactivate my phone if I upgrade?
    11-30-08 11:03 AM
    No it's alright. I understand you were skeptical, and rightly so. What you said in comparison to others was nothing. But the people who are skeptical should just move on and not bash the OP. you're fine and I'm sure Blackmannx appreciates it.
    Thanks CX. I'll just stick to smart-alecky, funny & dumb-azz comments and stay away from posts that could offend. Heck, that's what I'm best at!!! I'm here to have fun and learn about BB's, not argue and hurt people's feelings!

BTW, as I write this, my update completed! Whoop, whoop!!!

Thanks Don (and Blackmannx)!
    11-30-08 11:04 AM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, oh gracious DonNguyen!
    11-30-08 11:05 AM
    The accelerometer is alot faster, and the sluggishness has improved. The touchscreen clicks more like I thought it would when i first got it. Typos are greatly reduced. The download went real smooth. A much better experience overall. Thanks!
    11-30-08 11:06 AM
    Wow dont try this at 1:30am when your half asleep! I thought Id connect it, do the update, go to bed and wake up with my phone on the new OS. Nope. Must have forgot to hit finish! lol. No worries did it this morning in less than 30 minutes! Phone seems much more responsive. I just hope this fixes all the other weird problems Ive had. Thanks to the OP for posting!
    11-30-08 11:09 AM
    Hey thanks for the leak Don.

I upgraded with no problem. Ive noticed that the rotation from port/land and vice versa is even faster than it was before. I was one of the lucky ones who had a pretty much flawless Storm to start with and my accelerometer was real quick to begin with. Now it seems almost instant.

I hope to see how the browser, camera and sound profiles are affected by this update.
    11-30-08 11:21 AM
    Did the download,works fine
    11-30-08 11:21 AM
    I need help..mine stopped for whatever reason and now wont connect to desktop and says:

Reload Software:507

I'm FREAKING OUT somebody HELP
    11-30-08 11:23 AM
    Mark's post is great. I just wanted to add that if you are signed into the domain that your BES is on via VPN (away from the office) when you do the update, it will automatically renew the BES Activation--just like being at work. No need to have IT set up a new activation pw.

Jay

Tell them you need to re-enterprise activate.

Anytime a BES user upgrades the software on their hand held, they will need to re-enterprise activate.

IF you're work computer has blackberry desktop manager on it, and you can connect to your work lan... Connect the BB via USB cable, with desktop manager open, and it should prompt you about regenerating an encryption key. If you get that, follow the prompts, and enterprise activate will start.

IF your company is setup without desktop manager on your computer, and they require you to do an Over The Air enterprise activation, you have to wait until they set the password on the BES for you, then you can go through the steps to activate.

For those BES users asking about updating... You really should wait for your BES admin to say "OK".

Any data sync'ed with your mail server (calendar, contacts, memos and tasks) will come back down. Messages probably wont. The rest (settings, theme choice, font size/style, browser book marks, etc..) may or may not come down depending if the Admin set the BES to do OTA Backups or not...
    11-30-08 11:25 AM
    I need help..mine stopped for whatever reason and now wont connect to desktop and says:

Reload Software:507

I'm FREAKING OUT somebody HELP
    It means theres no OS on the device. Reload the software.
    11-30-08 11:25 AM
    Just finished the update. It hung FOREVER "connecting to the device" but eventually finished. Here's what I noticed:

-Accelerometer much faster
    -Dialing much more responsive
    -Browser works faster
    -Overall function seems to be better

One thing that was kind of wierd was that my "Application Center" was completely empty. I clicked the cuved arrow or "refresh" button at the top and all the apps re-appeared. Didn't matter too much as I dont use any of them anyway.

Good step in the right direction. Bring on the updates!
    11-30-08 11:27 AM
    And roger this here update is a plus downloading it as I type folks
    11-30-08 11:29 AM
    Thanks, Don.
    11-30-08 11:30 AM
    if i am recieving the storm tomarrow can i update the os before switching my bb content?
    11-30-08 11:30 AM
    OK Guys... I have to admit that I did not read through EVERY SINGLE page of this thread but I did get through 15 pages and I did not see anyone ask these questions so i am gonna go ahead...

1) If I download and install this, then VZW tries to send it to me OTA this week will there be any possible issues since we were not supposed to have this update yet? Will it cause my precious Storm to freak out or get confused cause it already has the update??

2) Is it possible that this update is not 100% complete or a final version and that we may all be re applying this again or having issues because we applied a possible incomplete version??

Hope these questions make sense.. I am downloading now and awaiting any replies before I install.. Thanks to Don and everyone here for your posts.. I LOVE THIS FORUM!
    11-30-08 11:31 AM
    It means theres no OS on the device. Reload the software.
    I can't get the computer to pick up that the bb is connected..
    11-30-08 11:32 AM
    if i am recieving the storm tomarrow can i update the os before switching my bb content?
    Absolutely, that would be the preferred way to do it, update the os, switch devices with desktop manager, get it all activated, books repushed and call it good...
    11-30-08 11:33 AM
    I can't get the computer to pick up that the bb is connected..
    Unplug device, reboot computer, plug in device, and reload the OS. After it's loaded restore from a backup.
    11-30-08 11:34 AM
1,452 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD