05-02-10 02:31 PM
1,452 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Glad someone one was able to get this posted for the masses... CB was becoming a near riot for those of us that had the chance to update earlier and couldnt share.
    YES. Theres a lot of damn people who owe you a apology. Considering their maturity level I doubt you'll get it. But I'll be damned if they don't owe it to you. And it should be known now to trust what you say.
    11-30-08 08:56 AM
    I installed the update and everything works fine. when my phone came back online my email was still there on my phone everything was the same besides being upgraded to 75.
    11-30-08 08:56 AM
    Thanks for the update. I bought the Storm yesterday after only playing with it briefly in the store. I figured I'd dive into something new and take a risk.

I was not all that impressed with it's interface and touchscreen responsiveness. I downloaded the update and applied it with no issues. I'm not really seeing much difference with it's functionality and performance. I have an iPod Touch that I use frequently for music and WiFi. I think that thing has spoiled me as far as touchscreen goes. I would have preferred an iPhone, but cannot get ATT service here.

I am going to continue to play with it after the update and read up on the forums, but I'm not sold on this thing....
    11-30-08 08:57 AM
    Update worked perfectly for me... Thanks Don! At least I can say I had faith in you...

Phone is running great now... most of the things that were bugging me seem to have been fixed...

Now let's see if my memory leak is gone now...
    11-30-08 09:04 AM
    WIN. Thank you so much for the early update.
    11-30-08 09:14 AM
    Cheers, was a bit sceptical about trying the 9530 update on the 9500. Will wait for Vodafone to release an official update I think, unleeeeeess anyone has come across a Vodafone leaked version.....
    true. it installs on windows fine, but when I plug in my storm, it doesnt show up as a new update. since the verizon update is out, it shouldnt take too long for us poor chaps in the UK!
    11-30-08 09:18 AM
    lol. Too funny.
    bah laugh all you want.. :X It was an annoying detour :P
    11-30-08 09:20 AM
    installed the new update with no problem, i did not delete the vendor.xml file. I had very little to no problems with my storm prior to this update but have noticed that a few improvements, browser is fast, apps load faster, and moving from land to port and back is ALOT quicker. one of little prob i did have berfore the upgrade was the app center icon was listed in the running apps put was not open, if i opend opened app center than i had two icons for it. This also has been cleared up witht the upgrade. Total time to upgrade was 37 mintues not including download.
    11-30-08 09:27 AM
    Off to church. Gonna say a prayer and install when I get home. Hey..It can't hurt...
    11-30-08 09:32 AM
    Just installed update , like everyone has said it seems to be much better. Camera still a little weird dosn't seem to like to take pics in portrait. Havent cked browser yet but it cant be any slower than it was . Very pleased so far.

Thanks Don good find!
    11-30-08 09:37 AM
    I downloaded this and installed on my Storm with absolutely no problems. The process took about a half hour from start to finish. The improvements are noticeable and have been documented by others here. Thanks!
    11-30-08 09:40 AM
    Thanks Don!!!
    11-30-08 09:43 AM
    Is anyone else getting an error message? I have Verizon, and I'm getting an error saying

"Error 1326.Error getting file security: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\USB Drivers\RimusbNT.inf GetLastError: 5"

And it just stops...
    11-30-08 09:54 AM
    I installed the new os. As si stated before the lag was still there and the camera was still a little offf. Took a pic and couldn't delete it.

OK I did a battery pull and charged my Storm over night.
    and it works better now. definitely see the difference in the lag, the camera, the portrait to landscape, it quicker. So I really appreicate the link Don.
    11-30-08 09:54 AM
    OTA will be available December 9
    I was told Dec 8th by VZW CS when I called Fri night to aid in removing my voice mail icon that would never go away. He didn't hesitate, so hopefulley it was good intel.

I asked many post back and gave up last night, but i can not back up my BB. It keeps stopping during the back up and says "Error backing up Databases"

Any idea anyone??
    11-30-08 10:02 AM
    I just finished the update, seems quicker when you rotate for sure. Camera is still horrible 3+ sec to snap a picture is insane. The good news is after the update all of my sms, contacts, settings were all in tact, no sync even needed.
    11-30-08 10:02 AM
    Everything downloaded flawlessly, still trying everything out...much appreciation for your work on here
    11-30-08 10:15 AM
    Really quick, if you are not sure than don't download. This forum is becoming very much annoying with all of the new blackberry owners coming and doubting everything that goes on here. Blackberry is a very secure device and so are many of its beta downloads. We have this thing called choice. So choose to download, test, and enjoy; or stop the complaining and keep wondering when a carrier release will be available.

You are blackberry owners now, start acting like it.

Great update by the way
    11-30-08 10:16 AM
    Good stuff, thanks Don.
    11-30-08 10:24 AM
    absolutely flawless upgrade here as well.... much snappier, love it!

thankfully everything was exactly as it was before (SMS, email, settings, apps), so smooth!
    Last edited by blue rocket; 11-30-08 at 10:29 AM.
    11-30-08 10:26 AM
    First post here on the forums! I love the Storm and upgraded to OS .75 today - thanks to the poster! No problems upgrading, 30 min. install and everything seems a little faster and smoother. One thing I've noticed on OS .65 and .75 is that it still takes 7-8 seconds to switch from port. to land. mode while viewing pics. Any ideas? Maybe a future update in the works? Thanks.
    11-30-08 10:33 AM
    How do I revert back to the old software version after applying this update?

I did a backup before upgrading and I just ran a restore, but my s/w version is still new.
    11-30-08 10:37 AM
    Just curious rflem550, why do you want to revert back to the old software?
    11-30-08 10:39 AM
    Thanks for the s/w
    11-30-08 10:41 AM
    Just curious rflem550, why do you want to revert back to the old software?
    +1, no reason to go back in time!
    11-30-08 10:42 AM
1,452 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD