yeah no problem
    12-04-08 11:29 PM
    I'm on a MAC, will this be an issue because I can't run Desktop Manager?
    12-04-08 11:40 PM
    the question has been asked i think abut 90 times...please search
    12-04-08 11:51 PM
    So how can us MAC fools get this running?
    12-04-08 11:52 PM
    Thanks again Don, got the games back with ease.

I have one last MAJOR issue - my emails/texts are not making a sound when I receive them. The phone is on loud/not vibrate (I've been with bb for 2 years so I know how to use the phone), but it won't make a sound.

It was working fine before I did the update. What should I do?
    12-05-08 12:00 AM
    check to make sure all ur ringtones are there
    12-05-08 12:04 AM
    Mmmm - not sure what to do. It was working before I downloaded the new OS.

I have the phone on loud, and I just went to the sound profile, clicked on the "test it", and all the sounds were there. Any ideas what I should I do?
    12-05-08 12:12 AM
    no idea man....sorry
    12-05-08 12:13 AM
    I'm downgraded...i figured perhaps the verizon update will have more to it over ota...
    12-05-08 01:22 AM
    I DL'ed and installed the EXE with no error but in the options/about still says platform 4.7.0.65? did i do something wrong or does this screen just not update.
    12-05-08 09:31 AM
    u did something wrong?
    12-05-08 09:32 AM
    So I downloaded and installed the new OS last night, just before hearing the possible update for today, & seem to have screwed things up.
    I have no App Center, No BIS connection, & No Browser!!!

-When I go to the BIS website for Verizon customers I try and create a new account, since this is my first bberry, and it tells me there is already an account for that PIN # (never created by me). Then when I try and retrieve a password for it with the password help button, I get a message to my phone telling me that I have not created an account? What the heck.

-When I go to the email setup wizard I constantly get a "your device had a problem connecting to the server" message. I hit retry, retry, & nothing.

So because I cannot access any of the above, I cannot get the App Center back, nor the Browser? And where did the browser go anyway??

Someone, anyone, please help me.
    12-05-08 09:43 AM
    you'd probably have to call CS about that since they probably set it up for you
    12-05-08 10:00 AM
    ok, another prob w/ .75 >>>> when taking video, I have to rename it immediately or it will save as an unsupported format it seems. It won't allow it to save as the default name it's given.
    12-05-08 10:03 AM
    did you have this problem with .65?
    12-05-08 10:06 AM
    did you have this problem with .65?
    no... it saved just fine on .65
    12-05-08 10:08 AM
    oh and I will say that my signal strength seemed to improve a great deal w/ .75... on .65 I had to get next to a window to get svc.
    12-05-08 10:11 AM
    So I downloaded and installed the new OS last night, just before hearing the possible update for today, & seem to have screwed things up.
    I have no App Center, No BIS connection, & No Browser!!!

-When I go to the BIS website for Verizon customers I try and create a new account, since this is my first bberry, and it tells me there is already an account for that PIN # (never created by me). Then when I try and retrieve a password for it with the password help button, I get a message to my phone telling me that I have not created an account? What the heck.

-When I go to the email setup wizard I constantly get a "your device had a problem connecting to the server" message. I hit retry, retry, & nothing.

So because I cannot access any of the above, I cannot get the App Center back, nor the Browser? And where did the browser go anyway??

Someone, anyone, please help me.
    it doesnt seem like anyone answered your question.
    it is quite simple, please follow:
    options
    advanced options
    host routing table
    click the bb button
    click register now
    you probably wont even need a battery pull
    let me know if it works
    12-05-08 10:21 AM
    Thanks for the link! I dl'ed the .75 update and my BB is much faster now. Haven't encountered any problems with it so far.
    12-05-08 10:26 AM
    howserow-

Thank you, that worked perfectly...I didn't even have to have the service books sent to get the App Center & Browser back, they just appeared automatically!!!! Thanks again!
    12-05-08 10:28 AM
    With my 8830, i once did a restore and lost my browser etc. Tech support told me to do this. When i got the storm and did a restore on to the storm, i saw i was missing all that had lost. i just followed the steps they gave me then and instantly it worked.
    Happy to help!
    12-05-08 11:08 AM
    do any of you know what the dl looks like it worked and runs through the motions but did not up date?
    Last edited by pmendez.hou; 12-05-08 at 11:13 AM.
    12-05-08 11:10 AM
    I just checked the BB site and when you check for updates for your device the .75 comes up as a new update
    12-05-08 11:28 AM
    VZ also has Official .75 available fhrough DM.
    12-05-08 11:40 AM
    where are you finding these, I've tried DM and going to the BB site, both say mine is running at the current version.

mine is running v4.7.0.65 (platform 4.0.0.82)...

is there a link to verizons site that has it?
    12-05-08 11:48 AM
1,452 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD