can someone tell me why this wont work with vodafone please
    12-02-08 04:59 AM
    Well, I loaded the latest firmware update for the Blackberry Storm 9530
    (v4.7.0.75). Thanks DonNyugen!!!

I also formatted the 8GB memory card. It's still very choppy and laaaaaaggggggy when rotating or navigating between menu's ect.

On the plus side, the BrickBreaker game is pretty cool and is not slow or laggy. Cheers to the game group who put time into this feature. LOL

You slide your finger to move around; no more scroll wheel or roller ball. Almost too easy now, kinda feels like I'm cheating at the game. LOL

Verizon still needs to release more updates. At least I can say one thing about this last update; my Storm hasn't crashed or locked up on me, "yet". Before the update, it would crash quite frequently, especially if I was using the camera or video camera function. So this is at least a step in the right direction.
    12-02-08 07:37 AM
    just do it !!! its worth it trust me... also word is the update wont be out until the 15th now so idk your call but its awesome
    Hey! Wait a darned minute!
    Didn't you PROMISE it would be out on 12-8?
    12-02-08 07:52 AM
    This update made my phone so much better. The screen flips around fast, I can multi task better, it doesn't freeze on screens. If they had released the phone with this software they could have saved themselves a lot of bad press. The only thing I notice that sux is that the blue lights when I type are frozen and jacked. Keep going rim! And thanks so much for posting the link with instructions!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 07:53 AM
    I had that problem also but now I use the red Phone button to answer every time and it's not a problem anymore.

George
    12-02-08 07:58 AM
    I had this exact same problem... I worked on it for 2 days, until I finally decided to download DM and .75 on another computer.. It worked perfectly!
    It makes me feel a lot better to know at least ONE other person had this problem, lol. (I think the guy who originally posted the update thought I was an idiot). I tried it ALL night last night and finally gave up - it just wouldn't load the entire OS. So, this morning, I tried another laptop running Windows Vista and it installed flawlessly. I still have no idea what my computer was doing last night...

I knew right away that Vista was going to load it because the list of updates to be installed was soo much longer (like 30 files versus 1 on Windows XP).

If anyone else has a problem with Windows XP installing this new OS, I would recommend trying VISTA. (or just a different computer)
    Last edited by motifman22; 12-02-08 at 08:37 AM.
    12-02-08 08:31 AM
    I am having the same issue as NFGLORYMAN when I hit the blackberry button and then options nothing happens. I have done 3 battery pulls and still no change. Also when I hold the blackberry button down I cannot access any of the icons that come up? Anyone else have these issues. Sounds like I am one of the few who has had way more issues since the upgrade. Was fairly happy with shipping OS but upgraded anyway and the performance as significantly dropped off. Anyone feel the same?
    12-02-08 08:41 AM
    Completed the update last night, so far everything seems to be working more smoothly and faster. I got a lil scared this morning when I realized I lost my browser and didn't have access to the web. Don't forget to resend you service books guys!
    12-02-08 08:44 AM
    Did any else lose their BBM messages? I backed up everything on my DM and got everything back but my BBM messages and facebook info
    12-02-08 08:53 AM
    Since the update I am having problems with my internet. The load time is extremely long if a page even loads at all. Any recommendations on how to fix this? Thanks.
    12-02-08 08:55 AM
    Did any else lose their BBM messages? I backed up everything on my DM and got everything back but my BBM messages and facebook info
    if you still have your backup file go to backup/restore and choose advanced. should be able to pick and choose what to restore
    12-02-08 09:00 AM
    DId anyone notice an improvement on Navigator? I deleted it to see if my Storm would run faster...updated the new firmware and was thinking about putting the app back in...advice DON?

tx
    12-02-08 09:12 AM
    well this surely didnt fix the random ghostly reboots....my phone has rebooted by its self 3 times since i updated, which is about the same as it did before the update..
    12-02-08 09:21 AM
    After I updated I have 2 issues:

1. The led light doesnt work for incoming messages/emails/calls.
    2. I cant view mobile website's.

Any idea's?
    12-02-08 09:41 AM
    I haven't noticed any change in my performance ... it does say the correct version in my options->about page though .. any tips on how to get the proper performance out of this update ?
    12-02-08 10:07 AM
    giorgost - how much memory is available on your device?

dewnay - i don't use vznavigator so i cannot advise
    12-02-08 10:09 AM
    i thought this thing had about a gig of internal memory?
    12-02-08 10:21 AM
    internal memory is different from RAM, Random Access Memory. The more available RAM, the faster the device will run.
    12-02-08 10:25 AM
    Just updated mine, seems to be working faster haven't tried the camera functions yet. I still can't get images on my html, but I think that's a BES MDS issue.
    12-02-08 10:30 AM
    are you talking about email? because no one can. simply click menu and then "get image"
    12-02-08 10:33 AM
    Here's a dumb question; I downloaded the 'leak' and my Storm now has .75 version. When the official OTA update finally comes out, are we supposed to download that anyway to overwrite the leaked version? Or will we never even get notified of an OS update because the phone is already at .75?
    12-02-08 10:34 AM
    woohoo! thanks alot don! everythings working faster and better

augh, but stupid me, i forgot to backup all my contacts -_-
    12-02-08 10:35 AM
    Just updated mine, seems to be working faster haven't tried the camera functions yet. I still can't get images on my html, but I think that's a BES MDS issue.
    The camera is still slow as molasses, DON'T try to take a kid's picture with the storm, they just won't stay still long enough. Least mine don't. The browser still sucks too, BUT RIM is known for continuing to update their software/firmware.
    12-02-08 10:35 AM
    Here's a dumb question; I downloaded the 'leak' and my Storm now has .75 version. When the official OTA update finally comes out, are we supposed to download that anyway to overwrite the leaked version? Or will we never even get notified of an OS update because the phone is already at .75?
    the release will most likely be something newer than .75. You will need to check to see if there are updates.
    12-02-08 10:39 AM
    I ended up reverting back to 65 release. .75 destroyed my default ringtones and i didnt feel comfortable continuing on with it.
    12-02-08 10:56 AM
1,452 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD