congrats Tawnia
    12-01-08 09:45 PM
    took the plunge and updated before verizon officially released and all seems well. seems to go a little faster but i was happy with how it was so nothing to much different that i have noticed yet. disabled auto update in apps and got visual voicemail working with no problems at all
    12-01-08 09:46 PM
    WOO HOO! I DID IT ALL BY MYSELF, I'M A BIG GIRL!! AND BTW-I didn't have to back up my games, thank God!

good job!
    12-01-08 09:50 PM
    Just completed this update via the "leak". No problems, all went well. After I backed up everything (except the 3rd party apps). DM picked up the new OS and it took about 15 mins. I figured if I lost the 3rd party apps in the process I would just load them again. But to my surprise, they were there when I turned it back on.

Thank you very much Don!

Who's better than you?
    12-01-08 09:50 PM
    Just did the update, and it went flawlessly and quick! I noticed an immediate pick up in screen speed. However it shows I have 1 SMS or MMS message, but when I open it says I do not have any unread?
    12-01-08 10:07 PM
    I keep getting a "not a valid WIN32 file" error and it only downloads 123kb file......Am I doing something wrong....I tried the direct link and the site.
    12-01-08 10:10 PM
    Worked like a charm for me on both my phones tonight.

I havn't really noticed much change yet.. but tomorrow will tell.

Thanks!
    12-01-08 10:19 PM
    Clicked on it for about the tenth time and low and behold it started downloading......hmmmm
    12-01-08 10:25 PM
    Don you are my god
    12-01-08 10:27 PM
    I have completed the upgrade and the only thing I will have to do is contact my admin at work to get my work email back up and running....oh, well - the screen switches from portrait to landscape MUCH more quickly. Other than that, I haven't had a chance to see what other improvements it will make. THANKS for the update!!!!
    12-01-08 10:46 PM
    This update is Gangster lol.....lovin the quickness of the accelerometer. I have to say I am glad that I didn't rush out and get ipod and At&t's terrible network. Whew!!!! The new blackberry storm is just sick.
    12-01-08 10:48 PM
    Don you are my god
    donations are accepted via paypal
    12-01-08 10:52 PM
    I keep getting a "not a valid WIN32 file" error and it only downloads 123kb file......Am I doing something wrong....I tried the direct link and the site.
    its a 102 mb file...wait and let it download
    12-01-08 10:53 PM
    donations are accepted via paypal
    Haha I cant believe how much better the new o.s is. I think the people that jumped ship on the storm too early are going to be kicking themselfs.
    12-01-08 11:03 PM
    rickjames...you got money...send to me
    12-01-08 11:05 PM
    I followed the download/install instructions to a T. Says it is installing new software 4.7.0, but after it's all done rebooting, etc, it still shows 4.7.0.65!! What am I doing wrong???
    12-01-08 11:06 PM
    did you select the 4.7.0.75 OS to install?
    12-01-08 11:08 PM
    did you select the 4.7.0.75 OS to install?
    When installing from Desktop Manager, it only said "4.7.0" not "4.7.0.75". I installed that, it worked on it for about 5 minutes, then once rebooted, it still shows the old OS. So, I installed the original download file again, but now Desktop Manager is showing "no software update is required for your device." How can that be?
    12-01-08 11:14 PM
    I just downloaded it, it does make the change from portrait to lanscape much quicker.
    12-01-08 11:16 PM
    QUESTION -

I did the update yesterday and I have noticed 2 bad things afterwards:

1) My phone now says "SIM card rejected" at the top (I am on Verizon, and I have tried messing with the "Mobile Network" options to only allow 1XEV but that doesn't help).
    I notice the same thing...this happens when you can't get a regular signal strength (basement, etc.) and it tries to jump into using the SIM card. Weird. Then that message pops up and the only way to get rid of it is to soft-reset or complete reboot.

My autolock is always on too...hahaha.
    Guess it can't be all that easy...~
    12-01-08 11:20 PM
    you must run the downloaded OS, which will launch DM, select update and choose the appropriate OS...not that hard to follow instructions
    12-01-08 11:21 PM
    woot! I have had this downloaded, but i finally decided to actually update my storm's firmware and i noticed a huge difference in the accelerometer.
    hmm, but for some reason when i press teh blackberry button and try to go to options, it doesnt do anything.
    Is this happening to anyone else?
    12-01-08 11:22 PM
    Followed Don's ORIGINAL post and my unit was updated and working in 45 mins. Simply said yes and next to everything and it did it's thing. MUCH smoother... Well until I just dropped the damn thing HARD and well it for sure knocked something loose..lol WOW I get the new OS and loving it even more for a few hours and get off a damn plane and BOOM drop it HARD on the train. UHHHH OH well... I have a backup hehe...

But as for the OS update I was scared like everyone else but I just followed the simple instructions and said yes and next didn't question anything and off it went. I have never even seen desktop manager till today lol.. I had not even loaded it yet...

Good luck! (for sure an improvement)
    12-01-08 11:28 PM
    you must run the downloaded OS, which will launch DM, select update and choose the appropriate OS...not that hard to follow instructions
    Trust me, this is not me doing something wrong. I've selected to install the new OS 3 times, now, but it only takes about 3 minutes for the entire install, and the phone does something different each time - that right there tells me something is wrong (since you said it should take a minimum of 30 minutes) - probably this computer or something, not sure. I guess I'll wait till work tomorrow and try that one.
    12-01-08 11:34 PM
    what version of DM are you running?
    12-01-08 11:57 PM
1,452 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD