forums are being really slow for me otherwise i'd post the link...but gameking...please search the forums for proper upgrade/downgrade procedures in this forum. You sound really new to BB so my advice to you is to search these forums anytime you have a question. I betcha 99% of the time, somebody else has asked your question before and has a good anwer. by all means...post questions if you cannot find a post...but...it sounds like you are in the beginning steps of BB'dom and OS updates can and are very tricky...
    12-01-08 02:08 PM
    I ran the exe file and then opened up the DM and hooked up my Storm. It said no updates available. I wonder if Verizon locked it down somehow.
    12-01-08 02:11 PM
    Hi - I am updating - but I have been stuck on:

"Database: Sounds" for the past 20 minutes.

Any suggestions on what to do??
    12-01-08 02:42 PM
    be patient...like i said in the original post, it could take 20 minutes to 90 minutes
    12-01-08 02:47 PM
    ...not yet!

BTW... thanks for the file leak. Under 30 minutes, no problems installing and see the typical results posted previously on the thread.
    Well that just doesn't make any sense! But I hope it'll be fixed in the next update
    12-01-08 03:00 PM
    Thanks - seeing everything stop moving during the restore process is a bit puzzling, especially at the sounds database spot.
    12-01-08 03:02 PM
    Well that just doesn't make any sense! But I hope it'll be fixed in the next update
    what? your post makes no sense.
    12-01-08 03:09 PM
    Folks,

This ALMOST goes without saying, BUT make sure you do a full backup of your blackberry before the update using the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Verizon IS aware of the leak, and they advise that you wait till they release the update, BUT they have no plans to block it. (or so they say)
    12-01-08 03:11 PM
    Folks,

This ALMOST goes without saying, BUT make sure you do a full backup of your blackberry before the update using the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Verizon IS aware of the leak, and they advise that you wait till they release the update, BUT they have no plans to block it. (or so they say)
    Yeah that would be suicide for Verizon to block this OS. I can imagine the bad press they would get from all the iphone loving blogs.
    12-01-08 03:14 PM
    I ran the update with no issues. However, other than the accelerometer working better there is hardly anything else that is improved.

Navigation is still very slow. Browser still very slow. Unit still becomes confused when selecting items quickly (menu actions tied to navigation issues).
    12-01-08 03:15 PM
    they're watching me now damnit...
    12-01-08 03:16 PM
    Just an FYI, BGR has gotten their hands on .76 already and report it is MUCH improved over .75!
    12-01-08 03:20 PM
    has anyone successfully installed this with vista? i may have to use a vista machine, and i don't want to waste my time.
    12-01-08 03:21 PM
    they're watching me now damnit...
    ROFL! I have one of the first generation crappy screen plate Storms (which they ARE going to replace) and the tech I spoke to said he reads Crackberry regularly. I don't think he wanted to admit it, BUT I got the impression that maybe he gets more info from CB than from his higher ups at Verizon.

Certainly for me I have gotten MUCH better info from Crackberry than from verizon. If anyone has NOT read the Tips & Tricks sticky thread here I HIGHLY recommend it! Crackberry.com (and the Forum here) should be bookmarked on every blackberry user's BB AND PC!

PS I'm gonna run the update myself tonight!
    12-01-08 03:27 PM
    I have Vista Buisness, and had no issues updating.
    12-01-08 03:29 PM
    At what point do I need to get nervous - has been stuck on the Restore - Database: Sounds for the past 75 minutes. I know it might take 90 minutes - but neither PC nor Storm are showing activity.

Any advice besides patience??
    12-01-08 03:31 PM
    Just an FYI, BGR has gotten their hands on .76 already and report it is MUCH improved over .75!
    take his review with a grain of salt...if you read it closely, he sounds rather upset he didnt get the leak
    12-01-08 03:37 PM
    has anyone successfully installed this with vista? i may have to use a vista machine, and i don't want to waste my time.
    Installed using Vista Ultimate...went very smooth and very quick.

Update working great.

Thanks Don...
    12-01-08 04:16 PM
    Interestingly enough - 2 hours into the process - I pulled the plug.

On the STORM screen - was a dialogue box waiting for an answer. Seems like everything loaded. Synching to the enterprise server.

The restore did not finish, however. But email is being received, calls being made, internet working.

Anything I should check to see if there is anything missing? Any recommendations? Should I run the restore process?
    12-01-08 04:19 PM
    options > about

check what OS it is
    12-01-08 04:20 PM
    4.7.0.75 - 1st thing I checked.
    12-01-08 04:28 PM
    you should be good to go. let us know if you're having problems.
    12-01-08 04:29 PM
    Not sure if someone mentioned it....does anyone know when the OTA version is set to be released? I have a MAC so cannot use the leak. Thanks! From the video, the upgrade looks awesome, can't wait.
    12-01-08 04:39 PM
    Omg...search Search Search Search Search
    12-01-08 04:40 PM
    I'm gonna assume this isn't for the UK 9500 as when I downloaded and ran it, it say's for 9530... Can anyone advise?..

Thanks.
    12-01-08 04:46 PM
1,452 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD