search is your friend
    12-01-08 01:17 AM
    if you dont like the update, you can always go back to .65
    true, i guess i will go for it anyways.

someone said they were able to install it WITHOUT DM installed on their PC. (they use BES)

has anyone else experienced this?

He said running the leaked exe installed it to the phone and backed it up. no need for him to install DM at all.
    12-01-08 01:21 AM
    if you question it so much, don't install it...just don't clog up this thread...simple as that
    12-01-08 01:27 AM
    Downloaded it and installed it and the accellerometer lag seems dramatically reduced. Crashed the phone for the second time in 9 days trying to play with the video camera, but otherwise this update seems like a VERY good thing. Thanks!
    12-01-08 01:41 AM
    well ive read good things and bad things i think ill wait for the official release..but thanks for the hook up don...and for trying to be helpful/clever with your befriend the search function comment
    12-01-08 01:47 AM
    Hey guys, the actual update for the 9530 is available on the Verizon website so it's not necessary to download the leaked version. Check out support for the Storm and you can download the software.
    12-01-08 01:51 AM
    Hey guys, the actual update for the 9530 is available on the Verizon website so it's not necessary to download the leaked version. Check out support for the Storm and you can download the software.
    You FAIL. This is OS 4.7.0.75. The Verizon site has 4.7.0.65. Thats why this is a LEAK, because it is not out yet. Again I repeat, you FAIL.
    12-01-08 02:10 AM
    I was able to update using Vista, no problems. I have both Home on my desktop and Ultimate on my Laptop.
    So basically this is REALLY starting to irritate me. I've done everything that I can think of to install this super easy update, I just can't figure out why it's not working. I've uninstalled and re-installed DM, installed, uninstalled, re-installed, deleted and re-downloaded the update, installed the update as an administrator, run DM as an administrator, pulled the battery from my Storm, and restarted my laptop a few times. Still nothing.

Here's what I'm doing:

Installed update
    Opened DM as directed through installation process
    DM opened and nothing happens
    Connect Storm via USB cable (I tried Bluetooth too)
    DM acknowledges Storm is connected, still nothing happens (automatic synch is disabled, tried it with auto-sync enabled, still nothing)
    Clicked Application Loader
    Clicked "Update Software"
    It says "No new updates are available"
    Clicked "Add/Remove Applications" and nothing for .75 is available to choose
    I've even tried to browse the hidden files to search for the file in the RIM folders in the computer but can't find them

I'm running 32-bit Vista Home Premium with DM v4.7

And to whoever said the update is on VZW's support site: It's v.65, not v.75
    12-01-08 02:12 AM
    mkgostan, I suggest you find someone you trust to remotely help you. I had no problems installing the update the first time and did not have to keep trying. I installed on the Home Premium edition.
    12-01-08 02:20 AM
    This post has ABOUT 88,000 views so far -- NOT BAD for one days work -- Best Leak I've seen Yet.. and I've been around a few. I'm excited to have this installed.. If people are having a tough time and it freezes during the install at either "connecting to device" - turn of the media card support, and also if it freezes on "connecting to Boot Rom" Go to Option/ Securtity /General settings : MENU KEY then "wipe the handheld" after OF COURSE backing up all your data using the Desktop Manager.. It will work every single time ! I miss my curve less and less each day.

& & This is my first Post - tell me how it went
    12-01-08 02:27 AM
    This post has ABOUT 88,000 views so far -- NOT BAD for one days work -- Best Leak I've seen Yet.. and I've been around a few. I'm excited to have this installed.. If people are having a tough time and it freezes during the install at either "connecting to device" - turn of the media card support, and also if it freezes on "connecting to Boot Rom" Go to Option/ Securtity /General settings : MENU KEY then "wipe the handheld" after OF COURSE backing up all your data using the Desktop Manager.. It will work every single time ! I miss my curve less and less each day.

& & This is my first Post - tell me how it went
    Good first post. Also good suggestion on doing the wipe if they can't get it to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 02:57 AM
    i only have a Mac, but i have Parallels. has anyone else installed it this way that can give me tips on how to get the device to read in parallels? it says another application is using it, but nothing else is and it won't recognize. please help. thanks.
    12-01-08 03:20 AM
    worked fine for me! thanks bro!

To others FYI:

I am running Desktop Manager 4.7 on a virtual Windows XP OS through my iMac (10.5) and it worked out fine, no errors or anything. Loaded fast and there is improvements in this revision. Its NOT bullsheit.
    12-01-08 03:26 AM
    i'm just having trouble with parallels having access to a usb device. how do i give it proper permission? i already selected autodetect.
    12-01-08 04:00 AM
    I get my Storm this morning sometime and im going to check and see if the os is already updated on it since it took so long to get here. I suggest anyone else getting their bb this week should also check the OS version before they update
    also.
    12-01-08 04:09 AM
    Service Books
    12-01-08 04:27 AM
    Hi Guys

Will this update work OK on a UK based Storm 9500 or is it for the 9530 only?

Thanks

Ian
    12-01-08 04:36 AM
    Sorry about off topic but if we can get this many views and posts for the storm hopefully third parties will see and we can get a ton of sick games and apps

12-01-08 04:41 AM
    Uploading now! Can't wait thanks don!

12-01-08 04:42 AM
    Don:
    I am getting a bit concerned now -- it's been almost 90+ mins and for the past 80 mins or so the screen on the DM says "Backup device data" and the progress bar is full blue. Should it take this long?? I have less than 1 GB of data on the device.

Thanks,
    ..sp
    Last edited by sp99; 12-01-08 at 05:01 AM. Reason: type in name
    12-01-08 05:00 AM
    Its only for the 9530
    12-01-08 05:00 AM
    This update is awesome. Thank you again.

I do notice how the BB can be temperamental sometimes. I had mine connected and running the old desktop manager before i ran the update. Once the file is dl, run it, it will ask u to close the desktop manager. This will allow a positive connection and no hunting. Its a slow update that ran for 20 minutes+. Be patient and don't run any other apps.

Thanks Don...
    12-01-08 05:13 AM
    Don - it's almost 2 hrs now & screen on DM still says "Task in Progress - Back up device data" with a CANCEL button. Should I hit the CANCEL button? What should I do after that? HELP please.

Thanks,
    ..sp
    12-01-08 05:17 AM
    Please ignore my earlier distress msg. I found the problem. I had to go to my device and UNLOCK it since I had a password for the device. Now, it is going further. Sorry for the confusion. I hope it upgrades soon so I can see the improvements!!

My sincere apologies for the confusion!

..sp
    12-01-08 05:38 AM
    "Error reading setup initialization file" pops up every time I try to run the exe. does anyone have any info?
    This happened to me too, however when I checked the file I had downloaded it was only 49Mb am now re downloading and will report back
    12-01-08 05:56 AM
1,452 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD